ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved - Super Premium Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crowbar6
Member of Standing

ILR approved - Super Premium Application

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:20 pm

All,

Have had my ILR approved earlier this week. It was with the Super Premium option as couldn't get dates for the same day PEO service and my employer was willing to pay for it as my job requires business travel at short notice.

Case details given below, and I'll be happy to provide answers for queries on the Super Premium process.

1. Number: Main applicant + 1 dependent (spouse)

2. Category: WP (Feb 2007) + HSMP (Dec 2007) + Tier 1 extension (Sep 2009) with current leave to expire Dec 2012 - SET (O) application on basis of 5 year term in above visa categories

3. Super Premium Appointment:
  • a. Ring UKBA to fix biometrics appointment - they are currently running a 3-4 week waiting list for a date. You can find up to 3 more main applicants and decide how to split the £6,000 super premium fee between the applicants.
  • b. Once the biometrics appointment is fixed, UKBA will come 3 working days before to collect the application pack. The courier they use is DX Secure for the collection and subsequent delivery.
  • c. On the day of the biometrics appointment, they'll come and set up the equipment. You have to sign a declaration stating you are who you state you are(?), provide details of any other names you've been known by, and also provide details if you have given biometrics previously. The main applicant and dependents all have to sign this form. Then provide the fingerprints and mugshots. The UKBA officers who come for this appointment are not case workers and typically do not know anything about the status of your application. They will securely transmit the biometrics to Croydon (unit to which these officers were attached) via their wireless dongle and await confirmation.
  • d. I was handed back my passport and all other documents from the application pack post the biometrics - believe this is a good sign and means that the case worker didn't have any questions.
  • e. Was told by the officers that UKBA will notify me of the decision - didn't specify how. They typically take 24 hours max post the biometrics appointment to make a decision. Then the appointment was over.
  • f. Received the biometrics cards via DX Secure after 48 hours.
  • g. Received the ILR approval letters via DX Secure after another 48 hours.
4. Documents submitted : originals and photocopies of the following. As you can see, I've played on the safer side so got more than the necessary documents together.
  • a. Passports
    b. SET (O) form - payment via credit card
    c. Recent photographs
    d. Marriage certificate
    e. LIUK test pass certificates
    f. Education certificates - though previously provided during HSMP & Tier 1 extension, sent again
    g. 12 x payslips & matching bank statements
    h. 6 x P60s - as I applied at end of 5 years 7 months from date of first entry to UK
    i. All HO correspondence - WP, HSMP & Tier 1 extension letters
    j. Letter from current employer
    k. Letter from previous employer
    l. Maintenance funds - statements from another account (from where salary is paid) to cover the 90 day period (latest no older than 28 days from date of application submission)
    m. Schedule of absences from UK - had in excess of 300. Split across personal and business. Had employers testify to the business trips.
    n. Proof of cohabitation - NHS cards, council tax letters, electoral poll cards, BT land line bills, electricity bills, dependent's employer reference letter, bank statements, DVLA counterparts
    o. Had a speeding conviction that had become spent by date of application but still declared (not needed though).
    p. House rent agreements over the last 5 years 7 months (not needed though)
Thanks.
Regards,
crowbar6

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Congratulation brother. I think this is first time I am hearing some one used super premium :)

But from your nice explanation it seem super premium takes more time then regular same day premium. In premium if you are lucky you get everything done in 1 day. But in super premium it seems took few extra days...

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Yes, you are correct. The only advantages I can think of are that you have a case worker who you can contact if needed via a dedicated number of the Super Premium team (I didn't have to) for any follow up. Similarly, they will also contact you in case they need any clarifications or additional documents and take it to a logical conclusion. Plus, you can save a day of work by not having to visit the PEO.

I would have still preferred to go via the Premium same day service but couldn't get an appointment. Did I also mention the small matter of employer paying for it :wink:
Regards,
crowbar6

edthesock
Newly Registered

Post by edthesock » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:31 pm

In premium if you are lucky you get everything done in 1 day.
If you are lucky? I thought the reason it was called premium and costs so much extra was because you got everything done on the spot.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:45 am

edthesock wrote:
In premium if you are lucky you get everything done in 1 day.
If you are lucky? I thought the reason it was called premium and costs so much extra was because you got everything done on the spot.
Yes unfortunately it starts to depend on Luck and became one of biggest legal SCAM. You will pay extra for a service but even if for some technical fault at their end, you wont get your money back. :evil:

You may be interested to check this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=96401

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:01 am

That an in-person application guarantees same day decision is a self-conceived myth.
For charged applications submitted in person at a public enquiry office, our service standard says that we will decide 90 per cent of cases within 24 hours.
That said, I am afraid that the mention of "super premium" is leading this topic into a generic discussion about in-person applications - best avoided in this forum / topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:01 am

Yes, the intention was to describe the process so that others who are considering this option are aware. The basic principles that govern the outcome of an application remain the same, whether postal, premium or super premium.
Regards,
crowbar6

agesteven
Newly Registered

Post by agesteven » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Is maintenance fund needed for ILR application?

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:48 pm

No. (4l) above is optional as is not needed for ILR. But like I said earlier, I put together more than the necessary set of documents as was possible.
agesteven wrote:Is maintenance fund needed for ILR application?
Regards,
crowbar6