ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of correspondence address SET (O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liuzhbob
Newly Registered

Post by liuzhbob » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:15 pm

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help.

I already submitted my SET(O) application for ILR under 10 years long residence. Now I want to update UKBA my new correspondence address. I want to write them a letter, but unsure where to send to. Is it the Liverpool address or Croydon? Anyone could let me know the right full address that would be very much appreciated.

Also, how long does it take to update it in their database? Will they send back a letter to my new address confirming they've done so?

Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:22 pm

1. Use Change of address in the UK.
2. If you wish to write to UKBA (as well), you will need to ensure that the correspondence reaches either the caseworker / team handling your application or the department / team responsible for documenting such changes. Else, the correspondence may never reach where it should. Best that you call UKBA and enquire where such correspondence needs to be sent.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

liuzhbob
Newly Registered

Post by liuzhbob » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks very much for the help.

In the online form, it asks for Home Office Reference number. What is this number for SET (O) 10 year long residence case?

I have so far received an acknowledgment letter, I can see a long number there - "IL" followed by 10 digits. Is this the right number to give?

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: change of correspondence address SET (O)

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:31 pm

Yes, that's the one.
liuzhbob wrote:Thanks very much for the help.

In the online form, it asks for Home Office Reference number. What is this number for SET (O) 10 year long residence case?

I have so far received an acknowledgment letter, I can see a long number there - "IL" followed by 10 digits. Is this the right number to give?
Regards,
crowbar6