ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indespair

Post by indespair » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:07 pm

mrsclc78 wrote: Their woolly wording really is starting to bug me. Why do they say things like "still under consideration" when what they actually mean is "still not assigned to a caseworker" or "still not in front of a caseworker's face"? And after as many months as you've been waiting, how is this a service worth paying over £500 for?
Well, I asked her, what she meant by "under consideration" Has it been allocated to a caseworker? To what she replied: "It means it has not been completed yet" Which was VERY informative to me. She couldn't (or didn't want to) confirm what stage the application has reached by now. She wouldn't transfer me to someone senior saying: " I am sorry but that all the information we hold and this call will now end"

Can't find the right words to describe how I feel......

sk2885
Newly Registered

Premium application and still waiting

Post by sk2885 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:48 pm

After reaching a point of dispare last Friday 14th August, I again contacted my MP for help.
He rang the UKBA who who said our application had last been looked at the day before, and a decision would be made and a letter sent to us confriming the decision by 27th September, so we shall see if they deliver to to timeline that they have set.
Every day I rush home from work to check the post, but so far all I have recieved is a response to my complaint basically saying, tough luck its your fault that you were not able to recieve a premium service, it will be processed when its processed.

Our time line is as follows:

FLR (M) applied by Premium service in Croydon - 25th July 2012
Biometrics done - 25th July 2012
(Sent away after 5.5 hour delay, as they said the letter from the employer stating salary, job title and start date etc had to be addressed to the ukba and not to myself)
Requested docs sent - 30th July 2012
Docs received - Waiting
BRP received - Waiting

I will let you know if come next Thursday we get the letter that we have been told we will recieve.

badger111

Post by badger111 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:01 am

shiali wrote:So... wait, just to clarify something.

I know under the new rules we have to meet a minimum income of £18000 before tax, but does that only apply to the sponsor? Can't it be a combination of the sponsor + applicant or even just the applicant alone?

I've applied since 13th July and NO biometrics letter yet, only an acknowledgement letter. Wonderful. :x .
That only applies to sponsor, and it cannot be combined. But the question is, when did you get your fiancee visa?

Echo721
Newly Registered

Post by Echo721 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Echo721 wrote:
Echo721 wrote:Hello everyone,

I posted my application on 23/2/2012 and hit the 6-month mark on 22/8/2012. So I called 0870 606 7766 in the morning of 22/8/2012. I got through via ‘return of documents’ option after waiting for 14 minutes which was shorter than expected. The lady on the phone told me to call again on the next day because I was one day early to check my application status and she wouldn’t be able to see the information in her system yet. I asked if I could request my boyfriend’s driving license back. She typed my reference number into the system and said that in their system my application date was actually 22/2/2012 hence to save me calling back again, she could tell me that my application was still being processed. So I guess they might have registered the date that I signed on the form in their system. She submitted my request of return of document in their system and said that it would be dealt with by another team based on how urgent my reason was. It would take 20 working days to the request to be processed. And I could only query this once the 20-day period had passed.

It sounded very busy in the background. She said they did answer calls all the time, but because of the large volume of calls, unfortunately some callers ended up waiting for a long time. She was quite friendly and helpful, but did sound a bit stressed as well and it was only 10 o’clock in the morning.

I haven’t heard anything from them yet since the phone call. So I guess I’ll just have to wait. Fingers crossed.
Dear all,

I don’t know if the information would help anyone or not but thought to give you an ‘update’ on my application - no good news from me either.

I called the enquiry line again last Thursday, 6/9/2012. This time it took 16 minutes to get through. The lady on the phone said that my application was being processed. I asked what I could do to speed up the process. She said that I would have to show them that there was a real emergency. I could fax my application reference number to them, and tell them what the emergency was. I asked if my application would be withdrawn if I request my passport back. She said if I only wanted my passport to show my identity then no, the application would not be withdrawn. However if I wanted my passport so that I could travel abroad, then yes, the application would be withdrawn.

I have got my boyfriend’s driving license back though. I requested it on 22/8/2012 and received it by recorded delivery on 7/9/2012.

So, carry on waiting...
Hi guys,

I got my documents back today.

I missed two deliveries yesterday (21/9/2012). One was a Royal Mail recorded delivery and the other was a parcel by DX. I picked up the recorded parcel today which had my passport, all the documents and a letter dated on 19/9/2012 saying that my BRP will be sent to me separately. I have arranged the courier to deliver the other parcel to my work on Tuesday. I guess it will be my BRP. So the waiting is finally over after 7 months. Good luck to all the people who are still waiting.

rockstar1
Newly Registered

Re: UKBA Customer Service

Post by rockstar1 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:10 pm

We both are together in this pipe as I too have submitted my case on 12/06/2012. I tried to call them too but I was told that this is not the appropriate department where you can find updates on your case and then phone hanged!!!
I was very disappointed as we paid a fortune and its ludicrous that's the way they are dealing with people. UKBA need to change their service standards immediately.

bgs wrote:Hi everyone

Our timeline:
FLR M App Sent: 15/06/12
Ack Letter: 22/06/12
Biometric Letter: 08/08/12
Biometrics taken: 13/08/12
Waiting!

Like everyone else here, we are so sick and tired of:

a) the excessively long wait times and;
b) the disgusting customer service (or lack of) from UKBA enquiry line

As many other forum members have pointed out this is an expensive service costing the applicant a minimum of £561. As such, the "customer" is entitled to:

a) accurate and complete information
b) helpful customer service staff

The freedom of information request submitted, as you can see, is in response to a telephone call I had with UKBA this morning.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/i ... to_ukba_cu

Making the excuses of "increased number of applications" and "short staffed" is no answer. Clearly they are under staffed, therefore need to employ more!

Hopefully everyone will get their visa's before pension age!
Last edited by rockstar1 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merianz
Newly Registered

Post by Merianz » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Am hoping it will be your visa and maybe they have started working on people who applied back in Feb ,i applied on 13th Feb i have called them twice all they tell me is under consideration.

Good luck

Merianz
Newly Registered

Post by Merianz » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:23 pm

[quote="nholler"]I just phoned the UKBA and they said they've posted something to me by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. The advisor said it was probably the return of documents but she can't tell on her screen apparently.

In disbelief at the moment as we applied back on 16th February.

I'll update when I know more..fingers crossed it's the visa.[/quote]

Am hoping it will be your visa and maybe they have started working on people who applied back in Feb ,i applied on 13th Feb i have called them twice all they tell me is under consideration

rockstar1
Newly Registered

Post by rockstar1 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Yes they do. In fact they always try to pull something out from the application to denial, so fingers crossed.
I have applied for FLRM too being a tier 4 student and three days ago my uni assistant told me over phone that UKBA wrote them an email asking my attendance and some information about my course which I recently completed. so it made me wonder that why they have checked my progress.
anyway have you had any low attendance ?
Still.Waiting wrote:Does anyone here know if the caseworkers at UKBA actually look into your attendance at uni before granting you FLR(M) if you are switching from Tier 4 student visa to spouse visa FLR(M) ??

Your responses will be greatly appreciated !

nholler
Newly Registered

the wait is over

Post by nholler » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Our documents were delivered this morning and surprisingly a courier knocked at the door at lunch time to deliver the BRP.

So, after 7 months the visa has arrived and life can move on.

My only suggestion like others have posted previously is to request the sponsors passport back. I did this on 20th August and now 1 month on the visa has turned up.

Good luck everyone and thank you for your support.

aditipritam

Re: the wait is over

Post by aditipritam » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:23 pm

nholler wrote:Our documents were delivered this morning and surprisingly a courier knocked at the door at lunch time to deliver the BRP.

My only suggestion like others have posted previously is to request the sponsors passport back. I did this on 20th August and now 1 month on the visa has turned up.

And when did u got the sponsor's passport back?

onshore-offshore
Newly Registered

FLR(M) waiting times now just reaching 5 months.

Post by onshore-offshore » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi all and everyone.
Like the rest of you all i have sent in my Wife Application FLR(M) to HO, by post.

Following is the Movement record
Application FLR(M) Posted - 10th April, 2012
Ackn Received Fee Deducted - 25th April, 2012
Biometric Letter Received - 30th April, 2012
Biometric Taken at Local PO - 30th April, 2012
Further updates - Waiting / Pending

Can anyone help me with the duration updates with the above time scale please.
Thanks.

Further can anyone please tell me if the process has slightly sped up since after olympic visa rush has gone past...
thanks

olukemiff
Newly Registered

Still Waiting! Help Pls

Post by olukemiff » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Time Line

Online application: 2nd July
Paid/money taken: 2nd/3rd July
Supporting Documents sent: 2nd July
Received:3rd July
Acknow letter: 20th July
Biometric: Waiting
BRP: Waiting
Passport/docs: Waiting

UKBA sent us a letter through our lawyer on 8th Aug saying our app was invalid as we did not pay the fees. then we relied that we paid and attached the online receipt and where the money was taken from the account.

Then a week later, they replied saying they were sorry that they got the money but that we had filled out a wrong application form that it was an application form that was in use in 2010 and that we should fill out the new form.

Mind you this application was done online meaning if it was wrong then there is something wrong with their system.

Then the bomber.... they said they could not find our passports.

Our lawyer advised that we take this to the police and tell them the story n report the passports missing which we did but he replied them saying they should check their office that we sent in 3 passports (1 british and 2 non british).

Has anyone been in this type of situation, pls help what can i do?

findshakil
Newly Registered

Re: Still Waiting! Help Pls

Post by findshakil » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:10 am

olukemiff wrote:Time Line

Online application: 2nd July
Paid/money taken: 2nd/3rd July
Supporting Documents sent: 2nd July
Received:3rd July
Acknow letter: 20th July
Biometric: Waiting
BRP: Waiting
Passport/docs: Waiting

UKBA sent us a letter through our lawyer on 8th Aug saying our app was invalid as we did not pay the fees. then we relied that we paid and attached the online receipt and where the money was taken from the account.

Then a week later, they replied saying they were sorry that they got the money but that we had filled out a wrong application form that it was an application form that was in use in 2010 and that we should fill out the new form.

Mind you this application was done online meaning if it was wrong then there is something wrong with their system.

Then the bomber.... they said they could not find our passports.

Our lawyer advised that we take this to the police and tell them the story n report the passports missing which we did but he replied them saying they should check their office that we sent in 3 passports (1 british and 2 non british).

Has anyone been in this type of situation, pls help what can i do?
Here is my sad story I think we are in the same boat. I applied on 6th of july to avoid new rules but after one month on 17th of august when i was expecting biometric letter, UKBA send my application back as invalid saying that they couldn't take money out of my account. I send new application on 24th of august, my solicitor wrote them please deal my case under old rules coz i send application on 6th of july and its not my fault i gave them correct card detail and i had enough money in my account (i attached bank statement and copy of old application where i put my card detail, i also attached image of my card so they can verify that its not my fault. as my wife is not earning enough money, i am afraid that if they will consider my application according to new rules then our application will be rejected after waiting so long. can anyone give me any advice.

here is my time line so far:
FLRM applied: 6th July
Ack Letter 17th July
Application Sent as invalid: 17th August (reason payment issue)
Applied again on new Form: 24th august
Ack Letter: 30th august
Switch from Tier-4 (no work allowed)

nholler
Newly Registered

Re: the wait is over

Post by nholler » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:06 pm

aditipritam wrote:
nholler wrote:Our documents were delivered this morning and surprisingly a courier knocked at the door at lunch time to deliver the BRP.

And when did u got the sponsor's passport back?
I got the sponsors passport back on 12th September and the visa was issued on 20th September.

fizza
Newly Registered

Post by fizza » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:18 pm

any january applicants about still waiting... or is it just me! UKBA SMD !

aditipritam

Post by aditipritam » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:29 pm

fizza wrote:any january applicants about still waiting... or is it just me! UKBA SMD !
Jan?? I feel stressed though I sent in July only...

ukp
Newly Registered

Post by ukp » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Following are details
From - Tier1 Dependent for my wife
Application FLR(M) Posted - 17th May, 2012
Ackn Received Fee Deducted - 30th May, 2012
Biometric Letter Received - 10th June, 2012
Biometric Taken at LocalPO - 12th June, 2012
BRP received: waiting
Documents returned: Waiting

Thanks for all ur posts and replies,
I have applied for FLR(M) for my wife, above r timelines, I would like to get atleast my passport back as I need to apply for my kid's passport and my naturalisation so that we all can travel once we get my wife's visa.

1. Whether above reason is sufficienet to get my(sponsor's) passport back without affecting my wife's FLR(M) processing.
2. Whether I need to call the no given in Acknowledgement letter or my wife needs to call UKBA to return only my passport(without withdrawing appl).

Thanks in advance.

FLR M waiting time

Post by 2222 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Still no changes to my long waiting time!! 7 months now since I applied.

FLR M applied on 27th February 2012
Payment out of the bank: 29th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric letter received on 16th March 2012
Biometric completed on 28th March 2012
Document return: still waiting!!!
Biometric card: still waiting!!!

Any February applicants still waiting????

waitwaitwait

Re: FLR M waiting time

Post by waitwaitwait » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:52 pm

2222 wrote:Still no changes to my long waiting time!! 7 months now since I applied.

FLR M applied on 27th February 2012
Payment out of the bank: 29th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric letter received on 16th March 2012

Any February applicants still waiting????
I am still waiting.

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12
Date BRP received: waiting
Date Docs received: waiting

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4

Merianz
Newly Registered

Post by Merianz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:33 am

I did apply in Feb and guess we are many ,i have called them twice and all they say is that is under consideration ,actually this is my 8th month and still waiting.......................

FLR M applied on13th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter:15th February 2012
Biometric letter received on 19th March 2012
Biometric completed on 26th March 2012

Phdswati
Newly Registered

Post by Phdswati » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:27 am

Hi everyone
Just the same story
Applied 27/02\2012
Biomet 28'03'2012
Still waiting for doc and everything else.

Meche83
Newly Registered

Post by Meche83 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Just rang ukba twice, the first lady I spoke with ask me to Waite that ukba will contact me in due cost, the second person was helpful but I was surprised when she was asking me how long have I waited? if I have done biometrics? does it mean that some information are restricted from some of their staff? She advised me to send a fax to Sheffield because their the department that deals on it and the case worker based their. fax number 01142072536.

I am thinking of using a solicitor on them by first week of October if their was development on my application., I have contacted my Mp but their were not useful. only God is my Strength and savour at this point in time. hope their will be some good news for the rest of us that has been waiting.

My time waiting are below :

FLR M applied on 09 th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter:13th February 2012
Biometric letter received on 15th March 2012
Biometric completed on 20th March 2012

kash_hash

Post by kash_hash » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 pm

My timeline:

FLR M applied on 28th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter:06 march 2012
Biometric letter received on 20th March 2012

solicitor told me when i applied that it could take a year, but i am watching this thread since beginning and i have noticed that now they are working on February cases, i hope that is the case.

tired_of_waiting
Newly Registered

Post by tired_of_waiting » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:39 pm

My timeline:

FLR M applied on 16 February 2012
Biometric letter received on 16 March 2012
Biometric completed on 04 April 2012

Phdswati
Newly Registered

Post by Phdswati » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi everyone
Just the same story
Applied 27/02\2012
Biomet 28'03'2012
Still waiting for doc and everything else.