ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Process of finding/changing jobs under Tier2 sponsored?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gannet
Newly Registered

Process of finding/changing jobs under Tier2 sponsored?

Post by gannet » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:26 am

I am on a tier two sponsored visa valid till Feb 2014. I'm thinking of changing jobs very soon, and will need my new employer to attain a COS for me (they would have a license).

I have two questions:

1. What is the possibility of attaining a new job in this manner? Are employers still open to hiring people on Tier2? I'm particularly worried about the fact that they have to "prove" a settled worker was unsuitable for the position (im in marketing/advertising)

2. Also, what is the process of switching jobs like... should i ask my potential new employer to attain a CoS for me before I give notice to my old employer? Will the visa situation affect my ability to start the new job immediately after my one month notice period at my old job?

Thanks in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:54 am

is your present leave under T2 ICT or T2(G) and when was it granted?

gannet
Newly Registered

Post by gannet » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Its T2 general. was approved on 8th March 2011. any advice appreciated.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:59 pm

1. The new employer will have to do a resident labour market test.

2. It is essential that you have a CoS from the new employer, then submit the application for a grant of leave and only after you have received the approval letter from UKBA should you give notice to your present employer.

Tier 2 General
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 General » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:53 pm

manci wrote:1. The new employer will have to do a resident labour market test.

2. It is essential that you have a CoS from the new employer, then submit the application for a grant of leave and only after you have received the approval letter from UKBA should you give notice to your present employer.
one additional point is, when you get the new visa your old visa automatically get terminated so you cant serve your notice period so you have the manage your current employer accordingly.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Tier 2 General wrote:[one additional point is, when you get the new visa your old visa automatically get terminated so you cant serve your notice period so you have the manage your current employer accordingly.
not so - the start date of the new visa will be the work start date stated in the new CoS and you can agree this with the new employer taking account of the notice period you have to serve in your current employment.

Tier 2 General
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 General » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:29 pm

manci wrote:
Tier 2 General wrote:[one additional point is, when you get the new visa your old visa automatically get terminated so you cant serve your notice period so you have the manage your current employer accordingly.
not so - the start date of the new visa will be the work start date stated in the new CoS and you can agree this with the new employer taking account of the notice period you have to serve in your current employment.
theoretically it is doable but with UKBA and its unpredictable processing times your plans goes in vein. I have experienced this! so be prepared.