ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa - Financial Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BATS

Fiance Visa - Financial Question

Post by BATS » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:25 pm

I have been to see an immigration lawyer about my fiances visa application and she said the only problem she can see for a refusal is my financial situation.

I have no student loan or any other type of loan besides a forthcoming mortgage to start paying in March but I do have a graduate interest free overdraft of £800 . I am in full time employment and have two pay rises coming up in April and in September. One being a rise of £5000 and the next one about £100 I have outlined this in a letter from my employer.

My father has said he will be a financial sponsor as he earns 3 times more than me. Do you think they could still turn the visa down even if I have a letter from my father saying he will help out financially if he needs to? He is obviously going to give evidence of earnings e.g. P60 and 3 months pay slips.

I would appreciate anyones opinions or experience!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Fiance Visa - Financial Question

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:35 pm

BATS wrote:I have been to see an immigration lawyer about my fiances visa application and she said the only problem she can see for a refusal is my financial situation.

I have no student loan or any other type of loan besides a forthcoming mortgage to start paying in March but I do have a graduate interest free overdraft of £800 . I am in full time employment and have two pay rises coming up in April and in September. One being a rise of £5000 and the next one about £100 I have outlined this in a letter from my employer.

My father has said he will be a financial sponsor as he earns 3 times more than me. Do you think they could still turn the visa down even if I have a letter from my father saying he will help out financially if he needs to? He is obviously going to give evidence of earnings e.g. P60 and 3 months pay slips.

I would appreciate anyones opinions or experience!
I can't any problem so long as you're solvent and not haemorraging (spelling?) money i'm sure u'll be fine!

exjennyaddict
Newly Registered

Post by exjennyaddict » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 am

I've just been throuh the saem thing with my fiancee and the sad fact is that no one can tell you how much money is enough. To be honest it seems like it will come down to the judgement of the person looking at your application. You don't need toshow that you're wealthy (thankfully in my case) merely that you have enough money to support yourselves without her or yourself having to claim unemployment benefit or housing benefit. As long as you can persuade them of that you should be fine. My only advice would be to put in all the documentation you can possibly find, for example, I enclosed a letter from my bank stating that I have a mortgage with them on a property, a letter regarding my pension plan, all the salary slips I could find and a letter from m employer saying how much my salary is and that i will be getting a pay rise on such and such a date. I also sent proof that we wouldn't have any problems with somewhere to live (letter from my landlord and flatmate syaing neither of them have any problems with the addition of my fiance in the flat).

It takes for sodding ever to get all the stuff together and I was constantly nervous that I'd forget something but it all worked out ok in the end.

It's also worth having your spouse enclose her/his CV and a letter stating what sort of work she intends to look for and so on.

I know it's infuriating when no one can give you a more helpful answer than this but as long as you're working and you're vaguely responsible with your money you should be fine. By all means enclose a letter from your dad saying he'll support you guys if you have any problems, as I say, the more documents the better. Well, I don't know if that's true, but it will make you feel like you've said everything you can say ;-)

Best of luck and don't panic, i'm sure it will be fine.

richard

BATS

Post by BATS » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:39 pm

we have two job offers to show that he can gain employment in the UK and the solicitor seems to think this will add some weight to the application. I am just so concerned about covering all the bases as it makes it so annoying that I can't make any official wedding plans until the visa is confirmed. I will have a letter from the vicar stating we have a provisional booking so hopefully that will help too!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:51 pm

One small point, potentially a large one! We are all assuming you've physically met, I can't see that u've mentioned it but it is a requirement of a fiancee visa, and let's face a requirement for a normal relationship!

BATS

Post by BATS » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:11 pm

Yes we have been together for a year. We met in Feb 2006 but he had to return to his country in Sept 2006. I have been to see him twice since then.

exjennyaddict
Newly Registered

Post by exjennyaddict » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:48 pm

Honestly don't worry. it sounds like you'll be absolutely fine. I have bugger all money, and my fiancee has no job offers so you're in a stronger position than we were. I know it's stressful but it really sounds like you'll be okay so stop panicking and start getting excited about the wedding :D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:25 pm

BATS wrote:we have two job offers to show that he can gain employment in the UK and the solicitor seems to think this will add some weight to the application.
But do appreciate that the holder of a fiancé(e) visa is not permitted to work in the UK, well not until after the wedding has happened and the 2-year spouse visa acquired in the UK.

That being the case, especially if there is planned to be a period of time between the arrival and the wedding, I would not take account too much of the expected salary/wage coming from those jobs.
John

BATS

Post by BATS » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:20 am

Yes I do realise that my fiance cannot work until he changes over to a spouse visa. We are hoping to get married in June/July and he will come over 2-3 months before the wedding takes place.

Once we are married we will pay the £500 fee to get the spouse visa as soon as possible, so that my husband (as he will be at that time) can start earning money and help me to pay the bills! :D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:29 am

BATS, a good plan .... enjoy!

Once he has been resident at an address in the UK for "7 clear days" the two of you should go to a designated Register Office to give the needed "Notice of Intention to Marry" ... without further delay. Or put it another way, there is no logic at all delaying the visit further, given that the permission to marry is valid for 12 months ... and clearly you will get married well within that time. But until those legal formalities are out of the way there is no ability to get married.
John

BATS

Post by BATS » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:34 am

As we are having a church wedding is there still legal issues we need to consider? I am seeing the vicar today to discuss the wedding but from an immigration point of view what needs to be done?

Thanks for your help!