ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO 1 day after expiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yanggl
Newly Registered

PEO 1 day after expiry

Post by yanggl » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:20 am

This is my first post.
I used to be comfortable about extending my t1 by post. However recently, the delay become serious and I decided to go PEO.

Now I've got an appointment on 2nd Nov, and my t1 expire date is 1st Nov. While still trying to get a closer appointment, I have these questions.

1 Will this 1day overstay impact my extention? Will it get rejected because of this?
2 Will the new visa and old visa shows any gap in between and will it impact my ILR application later?
3 Do I have to fill the part of overstayer in section D of the form?

Thanks in advance to any reply!
[/quote]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:49 am

1. No. No (not sure but an out of time application may not be accepted at a PEO).
2. ILR requires 5 years of "lawful" stay. Any break in lawful stay can jeopardize your eligibility to ILR. Gap in visa dates doesn't necessarily mean overstay so these dates are irrelevant for this purpose.
3. Yes, if you make an out of time application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

yanggl
Newly Registered

Post by yanggl » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:46 am

Really helpful Sushdmehta! Seems I have to get a closer appointment.

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:26 pm

In case if its difficult to get an appointment which is really a pain I will suggest go through a lawyer. You may have to shell out some money but its safe.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:50 am

I would say DO NOT apply after your visa expiry. Applying 'before current leave to remain ends' is one of the very basic and strong requirement. even tough there may be some special consideration but do not take this risk.

Keep on trying online for cancellation of appointment and I am sure you will get one earlier than this date. Good luck.