ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help. ILR application Feb 2013. Just involved in accident

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prabhus14
Newly Registered

Help. ILR application Feb 2013. Just involved in accident

Post by prabhus14 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:33 pm

I feel terrible.

My ILR application is coming up in Feb 2013. Came here on HSMP in 2008 and have renewed once on Tier 1.

Today I was involved in an accident. I drove on the wrong side in a slip road following other cars which did the same, because of a congestion on the M4. I wrongly assumed that the police were diverting the cars because it genuinely appeared that way. While driving on the wrong side, I saw cars coming in the opposite direction and stopped. The other cars in front of me (which drove in the wrong direction), managed to take the exit. I stopped and there was an oncoming highway maintenance vehicle that came so close to me and stopped. The driver started shouting and I panicked. When I started reversing, the front of my car hit the vehicle. There is a significant damage to my car, where as no visible damage to the other one.

I pulled over to the hard shoulder and waited for the police. The police have filed a report convicting me of driving carelessly. I have given them a report of what happened as per the procedure. I was told I will be getting 3 points plus a fine.

Will this disqualify me for my ILR. Will there be a difference if I plead guilty or not guilty?

Can someone help me?

Regards,
Prabhu

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Help. ILR application Feb 2013. Just involved in acciden

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:12 am

prabhus14 wrote:My ILR application is coming up in Feb 2013. [...] Today I was involved in an accident. [...] I was told I will be getting 3 points plus a fine. Will this disqualify me for my ILR?
Is this what you are trying to ask? The rest of the story is not relevant - unless you are trying to win a who can come up with the most unconvincing excuse contest.

prabhus14
Newly Registered

Re: Help. ILR application Feb 2013. Just involved in acciden

Post by prabhus14 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:16 am

Lucapooka wrote:
prabhus14 wrote:My ILR application is coming up in Feb 2013. [...] Today I was involved in an accident. [...] I was told I will be getting 3 points plus a fine. Will this disqualify me for my ILR?
Is this what you are trying to say?
Hi Lucapooka,

Yes you are right. I could have conveyed the same thing in fewer words. But please consider that I had typed that post within few hours from the accident. I was also interested in knowing whether pleading guilty or not guilty will make any difference at all, for which I have to convey the full story.

Thanks for understanding and would appreciate your help.

Regards,
Prabhu