ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LAST DAY OF VISA PEO APPOINTMENT FOR ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PARRROAD
Newly Registered

LAST DAY OF VISA PEO APPOINTMENT FOR ILR

Post by PARRROAD » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:41 pm

hi all
i am applying for ILR FROM TIER 1 AND HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BOOK APPOINTMENT ON MY LAST DAY OF VISA. CALLED HOME OFFICE THEY SAY IT IS OK BUT!

EVEN MY CASE IS STRAIGHT FORWARED IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG WHAT WILL BE MY OPTION ?
WILL I BE GIVEN RIGHT OF APPEAL?
I HAVE MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER AS DEPENDENTS AS WELL.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Please don't shout.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:29 am

PARRROAD: If I were U I would not do that enen though case is straight forward. You can not ignore other may cause inconvenience (IT problems, or any issue).

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:05 am

Without going overboard and and keeping all speculation aside, I suggest the OP is fine with the current appointment. Don't fret over it.
Regards,
crowbar6

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Agree with crowbar6.

Unless there are issues that prevent OP to "submit" his application on the day, any other "problem" will lead to deferment .. which will lead to a right of appeal, if refused.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

PARRROAD
Newly Registered

Post by PARRROAD » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:57 pm

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK
i am trying to book an early appointment if i could find as i have missed the 42 day chance, just waiting if some one leaves and i could book that.
the one rason why i am going for the last dates is because i have only 4 days ---my calculation period completes on 16th and my visa expires on 19th so i am looking only to book on 16,17,18,or 19. so in this situation i think i should go even if its the last day appointment.( i hope i get a couple days early)

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:13 pm

PARRROAD wrote:THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK
i am trying to book an early appointment if i could find as i have missed the 42 day chance, just waiting if some one leaves and i could book that.
the one rason why i am going for the last dates is because i have only 4 days ---my calculation period completes on 16th and my visa expires on 19th so i am looking only to book on 16,17,18,or 19. so in this situation i think i should go even if its the last day appointment.( i hope i get a couple days early)

Just out of curiosity, what are your visa start end dates uk entry etc
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

PARRROAD
Newly Registered

Post by PARRROAD » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:25 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:

I entered in uk on 13th nov 07 and after excluding 28 days , calculation of five years completes on 16th October 12. HO told me that if my visa would have expire before 16th than I could have my calculation of five years started from the date I got entery clearance which was 14 October 07.

nmm

Post by nmm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:44 am

Hi PARRROAD,

Have you read http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
In some cases, applicants may have been granted five years continuous leave, but due to delayed travel will not have spent five years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. You may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the five years, provided this period was not longer than three months
Don't you think that apply in your case? You are only 4 days late?

PARRROAD
Newly Registered

Post by PARRROAD » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:59 am

nmm wrote:Hi PARRROAD,

Have you read http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
In some cases, applicants may have been granted five years continuous leave, but due to delayed travel will not have spent five years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. You may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the five years, provided this period was not longer than three months

Don't you think that apply in your case? You are only 4 days late?
Thanks for your reply.
It does not apply on me , it would have if I would not have spent whole five years on 16th. I wish my visa would have expire before 16th in that case my calculation period would have started from entry clearance .

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:07 pm

PARRROAD wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:

I entered in uk on 13th nov 07 and after excluding 28 days , calculation of five years completes on 16th October 12. HO told me that if my visa would have expire before 16th than I could have my calculation of five years started from the date I got entery clearance which was 14 October 07.
If you entered 13th November how can you complete 5 years in 16th October? even if you complete 5 years on 16th October, you can apply 28 days before that.

Which calculation you are following? provide, your initial visa start date, extension date and current visa expiry date. I think you are covered by 3 months rule.

PARRROAD
Newly Registered

Post by PARRROAD » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:14 pm

nionlight wrote:
PARRROAD wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:

If you entered 13th November how can you complete 5 years in 16th October? even if you complete 5 years on 16th October, you can apply 28 days before that.

Which calculation you are following? provide, your initial visa start date, extension date and current visa expiry date. I think you are covered by 3 months rule.
Thanks
I think you Misread my reply , I stated that I complete calculation of five years on 16th after excluding 28 days. And my Visa expires on 19th so I have 4 days to apply, just because of these 4 days I don't think I am covered by 3 month rule.

gabi4
Newly Registered

Post by gabi4 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi
I’m in kind of similar situation as yours as mentioend in my post (Entry Clearance: 27 Nov 2007, Entry 16 Dec 2007, Visa valid until 27 Nov 2007) http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

I asked UKBA via email and their reply is that I can apply 28 days before 27 Nov 2012 (i.e. 5 years from the date of entry clearance). This means that 'Applications that fall short of the five year continuous period' conditon p-4 of modernisingguidance is applicable to our case.

I’m planning to apply on 31 Oct 2012 assuming that the UKBA email advice is correct.

I’m eager to hear any suggestion/advice from the forum members.

Many thanks
[/url]

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:44 pm

gabi4 wrote:Hi
I’m in kind of similar situation as yours as mentioend in my post (Entry Clearance: 27 Nov 2007, Entry 16 Dec 2007, Visa valid until 27 Nov 2007) http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

I asked UKBA via email and their reply is that I can apply 28 days before 27 Nov 2012 (i.e. 5 years from the date of entry clearance). This means that 'Applications that fall short of the five year continuous period' conditon p-4 of modernisingguidance is applicable to our case. CORRECT.

I’m planning to apply on 31 Oct 2012 assuming that the UKBA email advice is correct. CORRECT.

I’m eager to hear any suggestion/advice from the forum members.

Many thanks
[/url]
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

gabi4
Newly Registered

Post by gabi4 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks, Sorry for the typo - visa until 27 Nov 2012.

PARRROAD
Newly Registered

Post by PARRROAD » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 pm

YES if you dont complete qualyfing period and your visa is expiring you can apply under the 90 days period rule.