ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a non-EEA family memeber of EEA nationality works in UK?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adrina
Newly Registered

Can a non-EEA family memeber of EEA nationality works in UK?

Post by Adrina » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi all,

I am a non-EEA national (Iranian citizenship) and my husband is an EEA national. I was studying in London for 3 years under student visa (Tier 4) and recently I have applied for EEA2 application.

My husband is a full time employee and we are both living in London at the moment.

So here is my questions:

1. Am I allowed to work in London while my EEA2 application is being processed? (I have not received any certificate of approval from UKBA yet )

2. If so, how can I prove it to the company that I aim to work I am eligible to work in UK?

Cheers,
Adrina

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Can a non-EEA family memeber of EEA nationality works in

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:13 am

Adrina wrote:Hi all,

I am a non-EEA national (Iranian citizenship) and my husband is an EEA national. I was studying in London for 3 years under student visa (Tier 4) and recently I have applied for EEA2 application.

My husband is a full time employee and we are both living in London at the moment.

So here is my questions:

1. Am I allowed to work in London while my EEA2 application is being processed? (I have not received any certificate of approval from UKBA yet )

2. If so, how can I prove it to the company that I aim to work I am eligible to work in UK?

Cheers,
Adrina
My husband is a full time employee

This is the important part and leads to the following answers.

1. Am I allowed to work: Yes, even without COA.
2. How can I prove it to the company. Expedite your COA.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:18 am

1. Yes.
2. That's the tricky part. If married, the CoA (Certificate of Application) would state your eligibility to work. It normally takes a few weeks to receive. If you urgetly need it, call the HO and demand they send it immediately. Also, if your student visa is still valid, then the visa conditions are still valid.

Adrina
Newly Registered

Post by Adrina » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:23 am

Thank you both for your reply.

So I called Home Office today to make sure I am eligible to work in UK while I am waiting for EEA2 even if I have not received CoA yet and as you guys said the answer was YES while my husband is a full-time employee.

Regarding providing an evidence for my employer, I should ask my employer to use Employment Checking Service . As far as I am aware this service can confirm my eligibility to work while I am waiting for EEA2.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:43 am

Calling the Employment Checking Service is also the procedure employers need to follow when you produce the CoA.

However, if a CoA has not been generated yet, you might not be in the HO system and the HO might advice that they can't confirm your eligibility (they have been cases reported of that). So better to expedite the CoA in parallel.

dorian1986

hi

Post by dorian1986 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Which nunber we should call for demanding COA?

Adrina
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by Adrina » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:51 pm

dorian1986 wrote:Which nunber we should call for demanding COA?

As far as I am aware there is no direct number for CoA, however you can call the below number and choose the appropriated option to talk to an operator about CoA.

0845 010 5200

Adrina
Newly Registered

Post by Adrina » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Jambo wrote: So better to expedite the CoA in parallel.
I think we cannot expedite CoA since UKBA will release CoA when they feel your application satisfied them.

So I guess I simply cannot work since I have no evidence to proof my right to work!

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Adrina wrote:I think we cannot expedite CoA since UKBA will release CoA when they feel your application satisfied them.
I'm not sure if I can follow that. The purpose of a CoA is simply to confirm application. Some pre-checks will be necessary though.

Adrina wrote:So I guess I simply cannot work since I have no evidence to proof my right to work!
You have but the problem is the employer willing to accept your status.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Adrina wrote: I think we cannot expedite CoA since UKBA will release CoA when they feel your application satisfied them.
You need to complain and make a fuss to get satisfaction.

Adrina
Newly Registered

Post by Adrina » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:45 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote: "You need to complain and make a fuss to get satisfaction.
where should I complain about it? Is there any specific address or email address for that?

ruben7
Newly Registered

Post by ruben7 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Well you can send a letter to :

european team UKBA
PO BOX 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

Or you can send them an e-mail, ( LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk)

But they don't seem to reply back.

We just did this and @ the moment we are just waiting to hear a positive answer or perhaps to receive the COA a little sooner.

Good Luck