ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JeanR
Newly Registered

Post by JeanR » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:32 pm

This is unbelievably fast! Congratulations to you...but it is mystifying how some people get it in 10, 12, 14 weeks while others wait 24 or more. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Is it really just a matter of which caseworker one gets? I had everything vetted and certified by the Settlement Checking Service, and my application is completely straightforward SET(M), so I don't think it's a matter of whether there are any issues with the application itself.
crazyman wrote:Applied for ILR SET(O) - WorkPermit basis
Document send 6th July
Document recieved by HO 7th July
Ack letter recieved 08 July
Payment gone through 08 July
Royal Mail Attempted delivery of a package. 23 September
ILR Recieved...

JeanR
Newly Registered

Post by JeanR » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:43 pm

This is absolutely outrageous! What possible reason can there be for such a delay? I feel for you, especially since many people who applied after you have already received their ILR, and you had an urgent reason for wanting it speedily.

I am a writer and journalist, and I am seriously thinking of writing up some of the stories here and getting some media attention for the way we are all being treated: the way our lives are being shredded and our stress levels increased exponentially by the callous indifference and inefficiency of the UKBA. I would promise not to use anyone's names unless I contact you and ask permission (anyway, i don't know your real names, of course), but I wonder if some of the people posting here would be willing to share their stories with me.

What makes it even more maddening is that the UKBA has given up looking for something like 80,000 illegal overstayers and a few thousand foreign criminals: instead, they are persecuting people like us, who tried to do everything legally.
oakgreendub wrote:It's been over 6 months for us now. I am a British national and my wife is from South Korea. No Dependants.

06/03/2012 - Applied SET(M) through postal checking service (used newest form few days after it came out so no problems there)
14/03/2012 - Letter of receipt arrived and cheque paid out of bank shortly after
18/04/2012 - Biometric letter arrive
27/04/2012 - Biometrics done at post office
21/09/2012 - Rang UKBA - they confirmed nothing has been sent out yet so we just need to keep waiting.

Apparently we can write to the office in Liverpool to check progress? I'm not sure it's worth it though. The delay is disappointing as my wife is pregnant and was considering the option of going to Korea for a few months to deliver with her family nearby however it looks like this will now be impossible.

Hope it arrives soon.

oakgreendub
Newly Registered

Post by oakgreendub » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:46 pm

JeanR:

Yes it is horrendous that we are left waiting so long after paying over 1000 pounds for this "service". The really sad thing is that I completely expected this to happen; all forms of service in the uk, especially anything in the public sector, come with poor quality and are woefully inefficient.

sheford

Re:ILR Status as on 22 sept

Post by sheford » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Status as on 22 Sept 2012

skydrive file link:
http://sdrv.ms/Qp4lGi

Thanks everyone for sharing their timeline.It gives hope to someone who is waiting for a long!
Cheers,
sheford

scan_me84
Newly Registered

Thanks MAXPA

Post by scan_me84 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:08 pm

thanks for your reply. i didnt get it properly....
later is saying (number of people attending 1.) is this for me only or both of us me and my wife?
if is it for both of us then why is it not saying number of people attending 2 or mention bring your partner with you..?
anybody please can explain this or been through in a same situation?

after so much effort got the appointment and now worrying even more thinking about my partner how she gona go with me..

Thank you

itsmetoo
Newly Registered

Set M

Post by itsmetoo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Set M , ILR , spouse visa

Application posted 24/07/12

confirmation received and money taken: 10 days later

Biometrics letter received: 19/09/12

Biometrics done: 20/09/ 12

Now: waiting..... :shock: :?: :idea:

Do they ask for Biometrics even when the application is still pending or does it mean the decision has been made????

ziggystardust
Newly Registered

Re: Set M

Post by ziggystardust » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:20 am

Having BRP info enrolled does not guarantee a successful application. It only means your application is in order and that you have supplied all the required information at this stage and a decision still needs to be made.

quote="itsmetoo"]Set M , ILR , spouse visa

Application posted 24/07/12

confirmation received and money taken: 10 days later

Biometrics letter received: 19/09/12

Biometrics done: 20/09/ 12

Now: waiting..... :shock: :?: :idea:

Do they ask for Biometrics even when the application is still pending or does it mean the decision has been made????[/quote]

itsmetoo
Newly Registered

Re: Set M

Post by itsmetoo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:09 am

[quote="ziggystardust"]Having BRP info enrolled does not guarantee a successful application. It only means your application is in order and that you have supplied all the required information at this stage and a decision still needs to be made.

Thank you Ziggystardust! :D

ramay

Post by ramay » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:22 pm

sheford wrote:Status as on 22 Sept 2012

skydrive file link:

Thanks everyone for sharing their timeline.It gives hope to someone who is waiting for a long!
Cheers,
sheford
Is there anyone whose ILR was refused? I do not see it in the table.
Or 100% success?

saadiyya
Newly Registered

U R LUCKY...

Post by saadiyya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:14 pm

crazyman wrote:
crazyman wrote:Applied for ILR SET(O) - WorkPermit basis
Document send 6th July
Royal Mail Attempted delivery of a package. 23 September
ILR Recieved...
an update for all.

Applied for ILR SET(O) - WorkPermit basis
Document send 6th July

ILR Approved 19 September
ILR Recieved 24 September

Life can now move on....

So, about 11 weeks all up.

dadageer
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dadageer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:59 am

skydrive file link:

Cheers,
sheford

Well done! really appreciate your effort mate..
Not all those who wander are lost...

mattd0rg
Newly Registered

Post by mattd0rg » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:02 am

Hi all,

My passport arrived on the 19th.

any guesses of when my BRP will arrive?

whats the average wait been between passport arriving and BRP?

I need to book some flights for work asap and have already missed several due to the long wait I've had.

cheers

Leekybob
Newly Registered

Set (M) - Our timeline contribution...

Post by Leekybob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:47 am

Set (M), ILR, Spouse visa
Application posted: 26/06/2012
Confirmation letter received: 02/07/2012
Money was debited about this time also...
Biometrics letter received: 18/08/2012
Biometrics done: 18/08/2012
Now: Still waiting... that's nearly 13 weeks after submitting...

I have been checking this forum for several months now and wanted to contribute to all the hard work that helps to keep people 'in touch' with what is going on out there.

As a note, I was surprised that my wife had to have her biometrics taken 'again' as she had them done fully at the UKBA in Liverpool for the marriage visa 2 years earlier, but it seems this is standard procedure to ensure that the same person is re-applying as applied the last time. I know through experience (as my wife previously did some interpreting for the UKBA in Liverpool) that some people in the past pay others to do the procedure for them etc... (yes weird I know, but I suppose not everyone is honest!).

Another note (just to give further information for others) is that I see no reason whatsoever how/why there could be any problems with our application, and it should be as straight forward as they come (but still it seems it's going to take the full 6 months!). We are both in full-time work, both get paid good salaries (myself in architecture and my wife in translating), have had a genuine marriage after meeting in the UK 5 years ago whilst at Uni here doing masters, have our own house together, many documents submitted with both names on at the same address etc etc... yet it still takes so long! We've missed our summer of travelling abroad... very very frustrating... not a 'worry' though, as it doesn't really 'affect' our lives (apart from the travelling) but is fairly inconvenient and pretty unacceptable considering the cost to do these things!

ima2012
Newly Registered

Post by ima2012 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 pm

hello evryone
I applied on 18 june for set(m) spouse visa, biometric done on 10 august and until now I am still waiting...
I need to travel to my country to see my father, he is ill,
please, can somone tell me if I can write to the UKBA or what should i do?
thanks for your replay

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:41 pm

I've also joined the waiting game, decided to post my progress so far;

Set (O), ILR, Work Permit
Currentt Leave expired: 05/08/2012
Application posted: 01/08/2012 (via immigration agency)
Application received by UKBA: 02/08/2012
Confirmation letter received: N/A (Agency received it.)
Money debited from credit card: 21/08/2012
Now just waiting...

My guess is I am lucky if I get my passport back by next February!

Leekybob
Newly Registered

Post by Leekybob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:20 pm

ima2012 wrote:hello evryone
I applied on 18 june for set(m) spouse visa, biometric done on 10 august and until now I am still waiting...
thanks for your replay
Hi - I'm no expert but I have been following this forum for some time, and from what I've seen they have a 'zero tolerance' of understanding or empathy for such issues, and if you 'need' to travel you would have to withdraw your application and have to resubmit a fresh one in the future and pay again... Of course it is definitely worth calling them to see if there's any way of helping your situation, but I don't hold much hope for that I'm afraid... remember though 'the' most important thing in the world are your loved ones - priority no.1!

19MANISHA
Newly Registered

Post by 19MANISHA » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi,

It’s coming up to 4 months(22/june/2012) since i have applied for ILR , and 5 weeks(21/august/2012) since they had their biometrics done , two questions please

How long normally do you have to wait in the UK for decision after having biometrics done? and how i wll get good news from them?

Also with them being sent for biometrics to be taken, do you think that their ILR VISA application will be successful?

Leekybob
Newly Registered

Post by Leekybob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:29 pm

19MANISHA wrote:Hi,

It’s coming up to 4 months(22/june/2012) since i have applied for ILR , and 5 weeks(21/august/2012) since they had their biometrics done , two questions please

How long normally do you have to wait in the UK for decision after having biometrics done? and how i wll get good news from them?

Also with them being sent for biometrics to be taken, do you think that their ILR VISA application will be successful?

Hi 19Manisha, I think your application was 3 months and not 4 months if you applied 22nd June?! I'm not sure that the biometrics date has that much bearing on the time the decision is made... but who knows with the UKBA! I also don't think that having your biometrics bears any relationship with whether your application is successful or not too, just another part of the process to verify that you are you!
As with all these applications, if everything is genuine and honest then there should be no reason to refuse..?! Again though, it's the UKBA we're dealing with here! :roll:

ima2012
Newly Registered

Post by ima2012 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Leekybob wrote:
thanks for your replay
Hi - I'm no expert but I have been following this forum for some time, and from what I've seen they have a 'zero tolerance' of understanding or empathy for such issues, and if you 'need' to travel you would have to withdraw your application and have to resubmit a fresh one in the future and pay again... Of course it is definitely worth calling them to see if there's any way of helping your situation, but I don't hold much hope for that I'm afraid... remember though 'the' most important thing in the world are your loved ones - priority no.1!
thanks a lot for your replay, hopfuly get it soon all of us :!:

Jasper_X
Newly Registered

Post by Jasper_X » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:57 pm

My ILR letter & documents finally arrived today :)
now just waiting for BRP card which should arrive shortly according to their letter.

SET application posted 14 March 2012
Application received 16 March 2012
Acknowledgement : Never Arrived
Biometric Registration Request With Case Reference Arrived : 15 June 2012
Biometric Done 15 June 2012
ILR & documents arrive : 24 September 2012

TOTAL WAITING TIME : 6 Months + 10 Days.

JeanR
Newly Registered

Post by JeanR » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 pm

According to my MP's senior caseworker, who has tried in vain to get my own application "expedited" (I had an urgent professional reason for going to France, a wonderful fellowship -- but it's too late now), the UKBA does recognize urgent medical reasons for travel, but whether that just means travel to get medical treatment or the kind of situation you're describing, I don't know. Why don't you phone your MP and ask for a letter to be written on your behalf, as well as writing yourself?

Unfortunately, it takes the UKBA about a month to respond even to MPs' letters. I don't know how urgent your father's situation is.

In any case, I wish you good luck.
thanks for your replay

PShakSETO
Newly Registered

Post by PShakSETO » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:26 am

Sheford,

Noticed on the excel file that my date for "Application Sent" is wrong. It should be 29-05-2012

Thanks

skydrive file link:

Cheers,
sheford

ima2012
Newly Registered

Post by ima2012 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 am

Jasper_X wrote:My ILR letter & documents finally arrived today :)
now just waiting for BRP card which should arrive shortly according to their letter.

SET application posted 14 March 2012
Application received 16 March 2012
Acknowledgement : Never Arrived
Biometric Registration Request With Case Reference Arrived : 15 June 2012
Biometric Done 15 June 2012
ILR & documents arrive : 24 September 2012

TOTAL WAITING TIME : 6 Months + 10 Days.
congrats, you've been waiting for log time, Iam very happy for you. :lol:
I am still waiting...14 weeks and I can't wait more..

Leekybob
Newly Registered

Post by Leekybob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:30 pm

The worrying thing is there's still plenty of people on that list that are still 'waiting' from much earlier on in the year, like February, March etc... unless of course they just didn't return here to give an update on their status! (I'm alright Jack!)

Again, looking at the list from those that have updated their status as approved, there is just no consistency in how long it takes!

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:10 pm

I posted this sometime ago but someone I know applied in the middle of february and still waiting....apparently the UKBA messed up with her biometrics. They said the details were not with them and later confirmed that it was with them all the while.....ironically, she is the wife a serving armed force personal. Lived in Germany for 2-3 years while her husband was posted and now posted in the UK. I would have thought her application would be straight forward. :roll: :?: