ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RLMT requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Priti14
Newly Registered

RLMT requirement

Post by Priti14 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:31 pm

I am currently on a tier 2 general category for past 3 years. I recently got an offer for a new job however the employer has to go through resident labour market test and due to the rules changing from best candidate to the settled worker they are not sure if they can offer me the job.
The job is at the big university. I want to know is it difficult to show that I am the best candidate?
Initially they said they will sponsor me but now they are a bit hesistant as they had 150 application for the job.

Priti14
Newly Registered

Post by Priti14 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:24 am

Or Has anyone applied for the change of sponsor after 14th June 2012 and how was the RLMT process?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:50 am

Don't understand what you are trying to ask here.

Are you trying to find out if you employer can show to the UKBA that you are the best candidate despite a more suitable EU candidate being available for the job?
Or
Are you asking if EU candidates are applying for jobs advertised under RMLT since 14 June 2012?
Or
something else?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Priti14
Newly Registered

Post by Priti14 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Ok my query is intially they choose the best candidate out of the shortlisted ones but now with a suitable EU worker rule do they need to show extra documents and how difficult it is?

Return2Oz
Newly Registered

Post by Return2Oz » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:46 pm

I am in a similar situation as well. I'm currently working in the UK on a Tier 5 YMS visa. Have talked to my employer about possible Tier 2 sponsorship.

Originally they were keen, but then hesitant as they realised they have to prove "that there is no suitable settled worker who can do the job."

The truth is that they could find someone else that could do my job, as it's not an occupation with a shortage of candidates.

If anyone has gone through this process recently, how hard was it to prove that no other candidate could do your job?