ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partner

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kumarpv19
Newly Registered

Unmarried Partner

Post by kumarpv19 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi,
I am living in from past 3 years, I would like to bring a lady as unmarried partner as my dependent from India. Is this possible for me to bring some one who has not entered UK and I would like bring her to UK, also willing to marry her in future.

If that is possible what are the documents I have show to bring her as Unmarried Partner as dependent.

Thanks in advance.
kumar

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:43 am

And your immigration status is .....
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kumarpv19
Newly Registered

umarried partner

Post by kumarpv19 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:54 am

sushdmehta wrote:And your immigration status is .....

I am currently under Tier 1 (General Visa) under Highly Skilled Migrant Category....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:21 am

kumarpv19
Newly Registered

Post by kumarpv19 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:23 pm

sushdmehta wrote:319C(c)(iii)
Dear sir,

But the document has not provided what are the proof documents are needed for 2 year relation. As I am not in India, how can I show that we are living together for past two years.

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:28 pm

How can you expect to provide documents, whatever they are, when you are not living together?

The idea was to inform you what the rule states - that if you are not "living together" for at least 2 years preceding the application, your (unmarried / same gender) partner cannot apply for entry clearance.

kumarpv19
Newly Registered

Post by kumarpv19 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:48 pm

sushdmehta wrote:How can you expect to provide documents, whatever they are, when you are not living together?

The idea was to inform you what the rule states - that if you are not "living together" for at least 2 years preceding the application, your (unmarried / same gender) partner cannot apply for entry clearance.
Thanks for your information and time. I have asked proof documents to know for future purpose. Any how thanks again for you valuable information.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:58 pm

How can you prove something that is not true? You are not living together and unless she comes here in a separate category, you would need to move back to India for two years to fulfil the requirements.

kumarpv19
Newly Registered

Post by kumarpv19 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Greenie wrote:How can you prove something that is not true? You are not living together and unless she comes here in a separate category, you would need to move back to India for two years to fulfil the requirements.
Dear Guru,

As I am not able to provide, I am planing to bring her with student visa for three years and then I will marry her or I can provide unmarried relation. So for showing that in future I can maintain all the documents properly from the date she arrive here.

I hope you got answer why I am asking details.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm

We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.

The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources.

Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence.

Examples of acceptable types of letters and documents:
- telephone bills or statements
- mortgage statements/agreement
- bank statements/letters
- council tax bills or statements
- water rates bills or statements
- electricity and/or gas bills or statements
- tenancy agreement(s)
- building society savings books/letters
- letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Dept for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing
- letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters