ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of A and O levels required?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lara Richter
Newly Registered

Post by Lara Richter » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:43 am

Do we need to show proof of O and A levels at any stage? We have proof of degrees and diplomas, but can't find the Os and As (so long ago!).

Also, how do you prove x number of years full-time schooling? Are any documents requried for this.

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere - can't find it.

tariqyousaf64
Newly Registered

Post by tariqyousaf64 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:05 pm

Yes, O/A levels were a long time ago, but they should not be too difficult to get duplicates as long as you have the right dates, name of boards, name of school etc. These surely prove your school years ? Does anyone agree with me :?:

I think it would be a good idea to have them.

I have all my certificates and incidently had to show them to an (UK)employment agency when registering with them, along with my passport ! Looks like things have got a lot stricter recently.

When are you going to submit your application ?
Good luck - TY

Lara Richter
Newly Registered

Post by Lara Richter » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:13 am

Thanks for that info TY. This is going to be a long job!!

We are thinking about putting our application in between May and Sept this year. Just trying to monitor the speed at which things are moving. We are at the moment researching areas that meet our needs, and plan to go over next summer for a recce. At the moment Barrie, ON and the surrounding areas look favourite - bit worried about all that snow though!

purplechoclate
Newly Registered

Post by purplechoclate » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:31 am

Hi Lara

If your old school/college is still standing they often keep registers of former students, that is how we accessed school/college info and they confirmed in writing our schooling there. Failing that your local authority should be able to help.

Initially there is a lot of 'digging' to do and all except one of our former schools was extremely helpful once we told them why we needed the info. You may have a long wait re your point of monitoring time. We applied April 2004, received AOR June 2004. Initially used an agent but dispensed with them before Xmas. Had medicals in Dec once we took back control and now we hope won't have to wait too much longer for PPR, it is taking forever !!!! So if you struggle with being patient - then this will test you !! Good Luck :roll:

Lara Richter
Newly Registered

Post by Lara Richter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:35 pm

Thanks Purplechocolate

I will have to contact schools. Did you do primary schools too?

Sounds like you are nearly there! We are looking to go over first half of 2012 so are allowing for the 'up to 4 1/2 years' processing time by applying later this year. It doesn't look like yours will take that long!

Husband takes early retirement in Nov 2012 and son finishes GCSEs in June that year. We hope to get over there in the summer after exams to get son into school and husband will come back to UK for last couple of months.

Good luck with this!

purplechoclate
Newly Registered

Post by purplechoclate » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:46 pm

Hi Lara

Yes, all schools from primary upto Higher ed, as I had to proved the transcript for my degree.

We are nearly at the end ( I think) of a long journey, and I think you have a good time frame to work within, so hope it all works out for you too !

Regards
Janet

tariqyousaf64
Newly Registered

Post by tariqyousaf64 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:59 pm

Hi Janet,

You say your AOR was June04 and still no medicals? Is that right, as some Nov04 AOR's have had their medicals in mid Dec06. No reason not to believe them? That makes your application rather late, or have I mis read the situation?

Regards TY