ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take for docs to be delivered back ??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mini
Member of Standing

How long does it take for docs to be delivered back ??

Post by Mini » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:14 am

I received a mail from HO informing me that both my original docs and the decision letter has been posted to me on 30th July. I had given a UK address for my original docs to be posted.

Stupidly, I did not get a courier pickup for them.
Today is 11th and I have'nt received either. Nothing received at the UK address too. I am beginning to worry about my original document pack.

Can people who have received decisions and not engaged courier services share the time its taken to receive the docs by them

I applied from India.
Mini

Sten

Post by Sten » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:19 am

And another question - how they are delivered, in two installments - Original Documents Pack and then Decision Letter, or in one ? If first, what is the time interval betwen these two postings.
Good luck !

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:05 am

Mini,
I applied from India and I requested the home office to send the original documents and decision letter to UK address(friend's).
Decision was made on June 24th
Originals documents received by friend at UK address June 26th
Decision letter Received in India on June 30th.
* I didn't asked for courier pickup.

In India, RoyalMail letters are dispatched by Govt postal service. Be in touch with Postman. They don't even leave a missed note if nobody at home.

On the other case, one of our friend in India received the decision letter and documents almost 45 days after the decision made.

Follow-up again with home office if you are in UK.

Wish you all the best. (Don't worry, you will get them soon)

Regards
Puti

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:37 am

Sten,
If you didn't mention anything specific in your covering letter, both Originals and Decision leter will be dispatched to the address specified in HSMP Application form.

Home office sends the documents by RoyalMail and some members received the originals in bad shape due to unproper packing and long delivery time.

So, to receive the Originals in safe condition either you can opt for a Courier Pickup or give your friend's/relative's address.
But the decision letter always be sent to the address mentioned in application.

Hope I'm clear.

Regards
Puti

Sten

Post by Sten » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:49 am

puti, thanks for quite clear overview !
Good luck !

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:03 pm

Thanks puti. But now im really worried.
Mini

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:06 pm

Called up the HO and spoke to someone there. He confirmed dispatch of my docs on 30th July but says that delays happen often as documents may have been sent to the in-country team even though i am an out-of-country applicant. I

f that has happened then it'll take another week for the docs to be delivered. Says if I do not get the pack this time next week i should contact them. :(
Mini

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:52 pm

Called up the HO again cause my husband suggested that i should confirm on the address posted to. This time got another person on the phone who kept me waiting for 10 min and came back and said that the documents have actually not been mailed to you On my quoting that i had received an email from home office informing me about the dispatch of my documents on 30th July she said i don't know how you got this information but it is invalid

So i asked her if the information in the mail that a decision had been reached for my case was invalid too and she said No that's correct

Don't know where that leaves me. :shock: Why would they come to a decision and keep the docs with them for 12 days !
I am probably going to call up all day today and speak to ALL of THEM THERE :twisted:
Last edited by Mini on Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mini

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:58 pm

Very bad ... how could they just give wrong/invalid information to the applicants someone should sue them ... :wink:

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:58 pm

Mini wrote:

I am probably going to call up all day today and speak to ALL of THEM THERE :twisted:
That will annoy the guys and possibly delay sorting out the issue - calm down and chill- lay a different strategy
Where there is a will there is a way.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:04 pm

Chess,
Irrespective of the evil urge, how do i know which one is correct. I had called up again just to confirm the address to which they had sent in UK cause i had faxed this letter and its possible to make a mistake while reading a fax. And also to get a referral no cause the earlier person had told me that your original docs have been dispatched to your UK address thru recorded delivery.

But now i get a different story, for all you know they've been sent to the wrong address and are lying in a ditch somewhere OR not dispatched at all.

How do i sleep tonite ?
Mini

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:22 pm

How about
replying to the email you got from HO (include their message) and requesting of the Special Delivery number.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:32 pm

hk_007
Did that in the morning...no reply as of now.

Called the HO yet again and spoke to a 3rd person and gave him the whole story of conflicting status by other people. He's confirmed that the docs went out on the 30th. He's going to locate the recorded delivery no and send it to me by email today or latest tomorrow. He also confirmed the despatched address...which is correct.

:cry:
Mini

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:45 pm

Well then its just a question of time...good luck and you won't need a sleeping pill tonite ':)'