ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mosesmoses

Post by mosesmoses » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:38 am

CK9 wrote:Visa granted

Visa Submitted Mirpur - 19/04/2012
Processed to BHC - 05/05/2012
Forwarded to ISB Oc - 05/05/2012
RFC - 22/09/2012
Collected - 24/09/2012
Granted
Visa Stamped 19/09/2012
Congratulations! My wife applied on the same day, hoping to hear something in the coming days.

Please pray for us! Its our second attempt and we're doubly stressed this time round :cry:

aa786
Newly Registered

Post by aa786 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:43 am

hi everyone, is there anyone who applied in may. my wife applied in may and waiting for some good news inshallah.

submited. 25.05.12
gerrys tracking only says forwarded to islamabad, nothing else has changed in the tracking.

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:59 am

Join the club AA786, March and April applicants are still waiting to hear back so it may be a while yet.
All the best and please make dua for everyone :)
Applied at Islamabad: 25/06/2012
Under process at BHC: 09/07/2012

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

qaziji
Newly Registered

Re: google timeline

Post by qaziji » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:03 am

xXxMrsZxXx wrote:salam everyone,

i have updated the google docs timeline but i know there are many people on the forum who are not on it so if anyone would like to be added to it then please PM me with your timeline. Thanks

MY COUSIN HAS SAME CASE HE APPLIED ON 30/03/2012 and he is seeing that his application is under process in BHC from 16 April 2012. Please let me know is any news on your side

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:14 am

Scottishraja wrote:Hopefully if we ignore him he will go away.
I have helped more people on this forum, that probably everyone in this thread combined.

I state it as I see it.

It's kind of obvious really. If you don't like the wait, if you don't like the way UKBA is handling your case, why don't you go and live in Pakistan? Or alternatively why didn't you marry a girl from Britain?

Everyone on here is constantly complaining about the wait time, but it's not like the UKBA didn't tell you it would take a long time. You were aware, everyone is aware and they still choose to complain.

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:11 pm

I see the kid King2be wants more attention

If anyone wants to more information on the serious failings of the UKBA. Here is a report on An inspection of the UK Visa Section: Pakistan
settlement applications between January – April 2010.

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... ations.pdf

Please people ignore King2be - lets concentrate on posts that will actually help us in this difficult time.

When my wife applied for her settlement visa - the waiting time was 12 weeks, but since then it has increased to 24. I have waited now I think 97 working days......Inshallah soon.
Married 09/06/2011
Applied at Gerrys 14/05/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 25/05/2012
Ready for Collection 18/10/2012
114 working days and got RFC
Yes/No ???????

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:03 pm

Scottishraja wrote:When my wife applied for her settlement visa - the waiting time was 12 weeks, but since then it has increased to 24. I have waited now I think 97 working days......Inshallah soon.
When your wife applied, the UKBA stated they aim to progress within 12 weeks, but it can take up to 24 weeks.

Since then the UKBA aim to progress within 12 weeks and it is in many cases up to 24 weeks.

Your report on on the VISA section is more than 27 months out of date. What relevance does that have to current applications?

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Things have never been right with the UKBA in the first place.

27 months out of date.............Do you think in those 27 months that the UKBA have improved their working practice? I could bet all the rice in China and all the tea in India that their preformace has got worse.

Everyone in here knows the failings of UKBA - you only have to look at the posts to ascertain this. The UKBA'S month on month target tally has been getting worse.........every month.

I think you are too blind to see this anyway. As for your arguments ...go to Pakistan. Did you pick these up from a BNP manifesto??

People are worried and frustrated - do you think you are helping them in any way?? This is a settlement forum for settlement viasas. I think most users on this thread are in the same boat. If they want to chat and share infomation then so be it.

Who are you to say that they should not complain about waiting times. Who are you to say they should not have been married abroad in the first place. You think you are helping people by suggesting they move abroad?

Karma always comes around to kick you in the mule....trust me.
Married 09/06/2011
Yes/No ???????

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Scottishraja wrote:Karma always comes around to kick you in the mule....trust me.
It certainly does come back around. But here's the difference. When my wife applied and then later had to appeal, I didn't, not even once complain, you know why? I knew what was on the cards, a wait of several months.

The UKBA's performance is getting worse, but that's not because of them, it's because the Home Office, a department of the British Government, has no intentions of increasing the staffing volumes, despite an increase in applications.

I am helping people by saying they should move abroad, clearly if these people can't hack the wait, the only viable option is for them to move elsewhere.

There is a huge difference between you and me. You are impatient, I am patient. I wasn't complaining or mumbling, because I knew what was on the cards, you on the other hand, knew what kind of wait there was and still complain about it.

Do you even know what the UKBA have to go through, do you know what it's like to work there, the varying docs they have to investigate? Do you know how each issue is passed between 1l to 2l and then up to 3l to make decisions? You don't. If you did, then you wouldn't spew out the stuff you are.

My former colleague works in the UKBA, he re-iterates time and again, how difficult it is to make decisions because of how one subtle detail can determine the outcome of an application. The results of the application are huge. Incorrect decisions, could mean public money being abused by immigrants.

You like every other applicant out there, only see if from your point of view.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:57 pm

My comment to everyone is, show patience, be calm, as no amount of fretting or personal strain is going to resolve the issues any sooner. Whilst it's not ideal to be waiting several months, spending that time away from your spouse, there are worse trials and tribulations which one can go through.

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:40 pm

king2be98 wrote:
Scottishraja wrote:Karma always comes around to kick you in the mule....trust me.
I didn't, not even once complain, you know why?

Keep self congratulating yourself. We have established that UKBA is not hitting their targets. We have paid for a service - it has not been carried out. We have a right to complain.

The UKBA's performance is getting worse, but that's not because of them, it's because the Home Office, a department of the British Government, has no intentions of increasing the staffing volumes, despite an increase in applications.

The UKBA and the Home Office are both public sector bodies whose budgets are paid for by central government - our collaed taxes. They are not singing off the same hymn sheet when they should be.

There is a huge difference between you and me. You are impatient, I am patient. I wasn't complaining or mumbling, because I knew what was on the cards, you on the other hand, knew what kind of wait there was and still complain about it.

Good for you - your amazing, give yourself a pat on the back.

Do you even know what the UKBA have to go through, do you know what it's like to work there, the varying docs they have to investigate? Do you know how each issue is passed between 1l to 2l and then up to 3l to make decisions? You don't. If you did, then you wouldn't spew out the stuff you are.
My former colleague works in the UKBA, he re-iterates time and again, how difficult it is to make decisions because of how one subtle detail can determine the outcome of an application.

If you had time to read the report that I posted earlier - the Cheif Inspector slams the decision making. After investigating random files - he has picked up various instances of where incorrect decisions have been made, cases rejected when staff said documentation had not been provided when it had, complaints not being dealt with, targets not being met etc etc A pretty damning verdict.
Married 09/06/2011
Yes/No ???????

Shah12

Post by Shah12 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Everyone calm down, whats all the fuss about. The government is to blame here and no one else. They didn't plan ahead when the rules were about to change. They knew before Theresa May's leaked document and therefore could have invested in more staff. This is got nothing to do with the way the current staff are processing, they are probably over burdened and feel overstretched. Lets just leave it as that and have sabar and acknowledge that it will take at least 26 weeks.

NR...160711
Newly Registered

Post by NR...160711 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi, just thought I would add my timeline...

Applied MIRPUR: 7/05/12
States application is under process at British high commission

But, on 16th July we where told to fill out another application form only... And were then issued with a new reference number :S which states application forwarded to Islamabad OC.

Both reference numbers are active... I really hope they didn't make us submit a fresh case... I have tried contacting them by email but they are not responding so I have contacted my MP... We will just have to wait and see.

Congrats to everyone who has been granted a visa and best of luck to those waiting :) remember me in your duas

skstar

Post by skstar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:50 pm

wow, one day this forum is fine other days it's full of so much anger.

Can I just say that those users who are slating people for sharing their views and are complaining about the UKBA, then surely they have the right to? If you don't like what you read, then don't respond. It saves all the arguing. From what I've noticed, the usual trend is a number of people discussing and sharing their concerns about the time period they have been waiting and then some body comes along to start an argument.

You will always get people concerned and worried and they will come here to share those worries. Simple.

skstar

Post by skstar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:52 pm

What is the point of a forum when people are not allowed to share their thoughts. No wonder the other thread closed. Many of those users moved to facebook groups. That's much better :) . Leave the ones who keep starting arguments with those who are genuinely concerned about their visa. Eventually the forum will be quite. lol :)

arbab000
Newly Registered

Post by arbab000 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:59 pm

I see that an april got a reply :D congrats!

shahbazahmed779
Newly Registered

hi

Post by shahbazahmed779 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:03 am

salam every1 my name is shahbaz ahmed and i have applied on 29/06/2012 at mirpur ac plz any1 can tell me who is pm i dont understand this bcoz my time is upto 12 weeks and i dont knw what to do plz tell me who is mp what does it means and how can i contact with him thanx you soooo much for your reply my time line is

appl sumbitd at ./ mirpur
sumbit date is ./ 29/06/2012
under proccess at bhc ./ 13/07/2012

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: hi

Post by king2be98 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 am

shahbazahmed779 wrote:salam every1 my name is shahbaz ahmed and i have applied on 29/06/2012 at mirpur ac plz any1 can tell me who is pm i dont understand this bcoz my time is upto 12 weeks and i dont knw what to do plz tell me who is mp what does it means and how can i contact with him thanx you soooo much for your reply my time line is

appl sumbitd at ./ mirpur
sumbit date is ./ 29/06/2012
under proccess at bhc ./ 13/07/2012
You cannot contact a MP if you are not British, you don't have a British MP. All you can do is ask your British sponsor to contact the MP.

I can tell you now, 12 weeks, compared to what some of the other members on this site are going through is absolutely nothing. Continue to wait patiently, it can take up to 24 weeks. You're at the halfway mark, if you do get a response before the 24 weeks are up, you're one of the lucky ones.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 am

skstar wrote:What is the point of a forum when people are not allowed to share their thoughts. No wonder the other thread closed. Many of those users moved to facebook groups. That's much better :) . Leave the ones who keep starting arguments with those who are genuinely concerned about their visa. Eventually the forum will be quite. lol :)
The reason people moved to facebook is because someof the mods and other others got fed up of people complaining about the timescale. There were some members who would just come to count down days and flame the UKBA, providing no constructive help for anyone and other who would only ask questions about the time taken, where if they read the previous 5-10 pages of that thread they'd find multiple answers.

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 am

king2be98 wrote:
skstar wrote:What is the point of a forum when people are not allowed to share their thoughts. No wonder the other thread closed. Many of those users moved to facebook groups. That's much better :) . Leave the ones who keep starting arguments with those who are genuinely concerned about their visa. Eventually the forum will be quite. lol :)
The reason people moved to facebook is because someof the mods and other others got fed up of people complaining about the timescale. There were some members who would just come to count down days and flame the UKBA, providing no constructive help for anyone and other who would only ask questions about the time taken, where if they read the previous 5-10 pages of that thread they'd find multiple answers.
Queen2be - you sitll dont get it - look at the thread headline

SPOUSAL VISA APPLCIATION TIMELINE

So when members come here and discuss timelines, do not tell them off. They are genuinly concerned with the state of the UKBA and the shambles it has got itself into. Theya re worried about their spouses etc.

You getting on your high horse - does not help anyone.
Married 09/06/2011
Yes/No ???????

m3y

Post by m3y » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Scottishraja wrote:
king2be98 wrote:
Queen2be - you sitll dont get it - look at the thread headline

SPOUSAL VISA APPLCIATION TIMELINE

So when members come here and discuss timelines, do not tell them off. They are genuinly concerned with the state of the UKBA and the shambles it has got itself into. Theya re worried about their spouses etc.

You getting on your high horse - does not help anyone.
Guys don't even bother with the king, he likes to think he is taking the moral high ground and has the better than thou attitude. Just ignore him and if mods have any issue with what you are posting then they will point it out and tell you your breaking a rule etc

The king is not a mod so don't bother feeding his ego. I'm sure next time he goes to a restaurant and gets bad service he won't complain as going by his logic he has no right to.

Anyway don't feed the troll and ignore it.
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

Haila1
Newly Registered

Post by Haila1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi,

My cousins wife got her visa today!!! She applied on the 29th of March and recieved the text yesterday and her visa was granted! Alhumdillilah!

Hopefully it will be my turn sooon Inshallah!

TxS
Newly Registered

Advice please

Post by TxS » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:22 pm

My wife has been granted her visa in Pakistan Mirpur. Once we submit the passport and TB test and letter, can someone please advise how long this normally takes. Thank you in advance.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: Advice please

Post by king2be98 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:39 pm

TxS wrote:My wife has been granted her visa in Pakistan Mirpur. Once we submit the passport and TB test and letter, can someone please advise how long this normally takes. Thank you in advance.
Please post in the appeals thread, this thread is for VISA application timelines.

In terms of a time frame, as stated by users in that thread, you're looking at a 6-8 week wait provided there are no further issues.

xXxMrsZxXx
Newly Registered

Post by xXxMrsZxXx » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Haila1 wrote:Hi,

My cousins wife got her visa today!!! She applied on the 29th of March and recieved the text yesterday and her visa was granted! Alhumdillilah!

Hopefully it will be my turn sooon Inshallah!
Thats great..which centre did she apply at?