ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP+Tier 1: ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

barua

HSMP+Tier 1: ILR

Post by barua » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Hello All,
I got my hsmp on 17th Oct 2007 and entered uk 2 weeks after.
Now I am applying for ILR.
Should I have been here in UK on the date exactly 5 years before from the date my application is received to qualify?
thanks,
Mrs Barua

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:37 pm

No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:41 pm

No you need your visa to cover 5 yrs and upto 3 months late entry is permitted if you satisfy all the other conditions.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

barua

Post by barua » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:04 am

uksettlement wrote:No you need your visa to cover 5 yrs and upto 3 months late entry is permitted if you satisfy all the other conditions.
Since the guidance doc says it is a discretion should I not risk it and apply after 10 days(within 18 days of expiry) to make it 5 years please?
I came in 10 days after my entry clearance was granted.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:08 am

barua wrote:
uksettlement wrote:No you need your visa to cover 5 yrs and upto 3 months late entry is permitted if you satisfy all the other conditions.
Since the guidance doc says it is a discretion should I not risk it and apply after 10 days(within 18 days of expiry) to make it 5 years please?
I came in 10 days after my entry clearance was granted.
There is nothing to stop you from doing that if you so choose.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:58 am

Do you score the necessary points? As per your husband, you do not.

nmm

Post by nmm » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:05 am

Hi uksettlement,

Do we still need to include a cover letter for the case worker with the printout of guidance to show that we qualify according to this 3 months rule?

barua

Post by barua » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi sushdmehta,
Yes I do qualify, we missed out the fact that the points for age should be of that when we claimed and not the current age. So I still get the same 75 points as nothing has changed in the circumstances.
thanks,
Mrs Barua

P.S. I am amazed at your energy in helping out lots of people in here with all sorts of questions.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:49 pm

nmm,

you dont.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:46 pm

barua wrote:Hi,
I had initial HSMP and then switched to Tier1.
I am ticking section 11L, however in there it says 'for the period before you we're granted leave as tier1(general) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.'

What is this document please? Is my tier 1 extension letter showing points enough? Should I submit all the original docs like degree certificate , payslips sent then etc?
Planning to use settlement checking service or postal application. Left applying till late and can't find any same day appointments now.
Thanks,
Mrs Barua

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:48 pm

P60
Payslips
Bank statements showing salary credit.
Letter / contract of employment(s).

Keep your queries under one topic.