ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60 Issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nmm

P60 Issue

Post by nmm » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi,

I arrived in Uk in dec 2007 and started job in Jan 2008. Since then I changed a job. My previous employer didn't provided me P60 for the period Jan 2008 to Apr 2008. So after reading the thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=58599 I asked HMRC to provide me employment history.

After getting my employment history I amazed to see that they don't have my record for the period Jan 2008 to Apr 2008. I remember I asked my previous employer many times but they told me that it is lost. Now I have realised that they deducted my tax for that period but didn't deposited to HMRC. I think they saved the money as first 5000 are exempted from tax. My old employer is no more in business. I do have payslips for that period.

1. Can members please suggest me if that could create any problem for me?
2. Can I apply using P60 I have in hand? i.e. from May 2008 till Apr 2012
3. Should I report to HMRC this issue?

(Note to moderator: I posted this separate thread as I think it is an important issue and I need advice from seniors please)

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:56 pm

it will help if you let us know your visa category
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:04 pm

As advised earlier, please keep all your queries regarding your ILR application under one topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!