ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:20 pm

nissa wrote:hi my friend got approval letter last week please share does he need to send his passport with his g nib card and fee and photos.in the approval letter has been written send travel document (if applicable).....please share what it does mean?..is it necessary to send travel document(passport) or its optional....thanks
Travel document is required only if you friend has refugee status. Else only photos, gnib card and fee

aya101

Post by aya101 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Just got a letter asking for a copy of my gnib card and I'm an applicant from 2010 october

Virgo
Ireland

Post by Virgo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:49 pm

aya101 wrote:Just got a letter asking for a copy of my gnib card and I'm an applicant from 2010 october
I got a letter three months ago that my initial stage assecced n my application has successfully proccessed to second stage. Will any body tell me plz how long it will take and what is gone happen in sec stage. ? Thanks

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:29 pm

iloveireland wrote:Hi guys,
Eventually I got hold of someone through citizenship helpline last Thursday . I unfortunately have some court fines for traffic offences in 2004. They said that they are going to send me the letter for submitting the receipt of those fines. They didn't give out any other information so I am now worried.

Hello again,
Have anyone have experienced case like mine? Please share.
Thanks,
Im in the same boat as you.
I commited a traffic offence back in 2003, got summons and was in court.
I paid my fine and got penalty points.
Now bear in mind that was nearly 10 years ago, and i was told when i rang them last week that i was ready for ceremony but unfortunately my case needs to reviewed again due to traffic offences:(

I dont know what will happen now, its all in the hands of who ever will review my file again..

Fingers crossed all goes well

Hoping2bIrish
Newly Registered

Post by Hoping2bIrish » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:36 am

CitationCj2 wrote:
Eventually I got hold of someone through citizenship helpline last Thursday . I unfortunately have some court fines for traffic offences in 2004. They said that they are going to send me the letter for submitting the receipt of those fines. They didn't give out any other information so I am now worried.

Hello again,
Thanks,
Now bear in mind that was nearly 10 years ago, and i was told when i rang them last week that i was ready for ceremony but unfortunately my case needs to reviewed again due to traffic offences:(

I dont know what will happen now, its all in the hands of who ever will review my file again..

Did you disclose the traffic fines in your citizenship application form?

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:08 am

Hoping2bIrish wrote:
CitationCj2 wrote:

Hello again,
Thanks,

Did you disclose the traffic fines in your citizenship application form?
Hi,
No i didnt disclose it for a genuine reason as i completly forgot.As it happend so long time ago, i didnt even think about any offences when i was filing out the form.
No that i am regular offender, so it slipped my mind.
I honestly dont know why such a minor thing from the past could make a problem now.
Regards

kaylass
Newly Registered

Post by kaylass » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:29 am

Hi Reetu,

Can you please update me on what basis you applied for. I sent my application on the 24th July 2012 based on 5 years residency, Employment permit holder. Got acknowledgement on 22nd August 2012. Haven't received second letter yet.
reetu012 wrote:Here is an update for my naturalization application:-

Application sent : 18/07/12
Acknowledgement letter recd : 17/08/12
Second letter recd (from Initial processing team) : 20/09/12

It is very surprised me to get letter from Initial processing team informing that my application was successfull at Initial prcoessing stage and now it is moved to 2nd stage and after completing it, my application will be forwarded to Ministers decision for final approval. It is saying six months period, but i hope to at December ceremony, if the 2nd stage finish fast like in 1st stage.

Hope for better.

thanks

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:47 am

Virgo wrote:
aya101 wrote:Just got a letter asking for a copy of my gnib card and I'm an applicant from 2010 october
I got a letter three months ago that my initial stage assecced n my application has successfully proccessed to second stage. Will any body tell me plz how long it will take and what is gone happen in sec stage. ? Thanks
I had the same thing for my wife in June 2012. After few days i received letter that processing time is 6 month except difficult case. Nothing since than.

Seems as we are approching to X-mas time INIS is getting slower and where is the promise of minister Alan for process within 6months after Spring...???

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:30 am

5 year residency

Stamp3, Stamp-1 & Stamp4 (Irish born)

It has been told in the 2nd letter that processing time is six months except in some difficult cases.

So, hopefully looking for early next year ceromoney.

Does anybody knows about ceromonies for next year?

kaylass wrote:Hi Reetu,

Can you please update me on what basis you applied for. I sent my application on the 24th July 2012 based on 5 years residency, Employment permit holder. Got acknowledgement on 22nd August 2012. Haven't received second letter yet.
reetu012 wrote:Here is an update for my naturalization application:-

Application sent : 18/07/12
Acknowledgement letter recd : 17/08/12
Second letter recd (from Initial processing team) : 20/09/12

It is very surprised me to get letter from Initial processing team informing that my application was successfull at Initial prcoessing stage and now it is moved to 2nd stage and after completing it, my application will be forwarded to Ministers decision for final approval. It is saying six months period, but i hope to at December ceremony, if the 2nd stage finish fast like in 1st stage.

Hope for better.

thanks

Mentalist101

2nd stage

Post by Mentalist101 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Got a letter in the post today saying I'm now in the second stage in the process for Naturalisation and if checks are fine my application will be forwarded to the Minister for justice for a final decision.

I applied in December 2011 based on 5 years residency.

Fingers crossed!

Virgo
Ireland

Post by Virgo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Eastend wrote:
Virgo wrote:
I had the same thing for my wife in June 2012. After few days i received letter that processing time is 6 month except difficult case. Nothing since than.

Seems as we are approching to X-mas time INIS is getting slower and where is the promise of minister Alan for process within 6months after Spring...???[/quot

Sorry forgot to tell you that i applied jn june 2012 and i got only one letter in which they gave me my ref num and also told my application nownin sec stage so its mean they are on right track n doing great as am spouse of irish citizen . Hope il be possitive response soon :)

iloveireland

Post by iloveireland » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:31 pm

[quote="CitationCj2"][quote="Hoping2bIrish"][quote="CitationCj2"][quote="iloveireland"]Hi guys,

Hello again,
Thanks,[/quote]

Fingers crossed all goes well[/quote]

Did you disclose the traffic fines in your citizenship application form?[/quote]
Hi,
No i didnt disclose it for a genuine reason as i completly forgot.As it happend so long time ago, i didnt even think about any offences when i was filing out the form.
No that i am regular offender, so it slipped my mind.
I honestly dont know why such a minor thing from the past could make a problem now.
Regards[/quote]

Luckily I have included this as I thought that could be a problem. Anyways I will keep you posted.

aya101

Post by aya101 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:52 pm

Do you think that I will get an approval for dec ceremony

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:28 am

[quote="aya101"][quote="aya101"]Just got a letter asking for a copy of my gnib card and I'm an applicant from 2010 october[/quote]
Do you think that I will get an approval for dec ceremony[/quote] its seems like you will get decision soon regarding yours application.good luck

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:50 am

aya101 wrote:

@ aya101, did you not include a copy of your gnib card in your application when you submitted at first?

just wonderning why you are being requested to submit what you might have already submitted..

dhang

Post by dhang » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:40 am

IQU wrote:
aya101 wrote:
its seems like you will get decision soon regarding yours application.good luck
I submitted my son's application on September 2011, he was 19 year old at that time. INIS requested for letters from school on March 2012, I posted letters from all school attended, they acknowledged them and none after that. I can't understand why is my son's application is taking so long to process. He was in Ireland since he was 11 years old and still in full time education up to date. In my eyes his application should be process in accordance to minor application procedure.

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:49 pm

dhang wrote:
IQU wrote:
aya101 wrote:
I submitted my son's application on September 2011, he was 19 year old at that time. INIS requested for letters from school on March 2012, I posted letters from all school attended, they acknowledged them and none after that. I can't understand why is my son's application is taking so long to process. He was in Ireland since he was 11 years old and still in full time education up to date. In my eyes his application should be process in accordance to minor application procedure.
dhang,

At 19 when you applied for him, your son was an ADULT and his application will be considered to be a Form8 application and not a minor application. I hope you have completed the correct form?

All the best :)

dhang

Post by dhang » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:30 pm

adlexy wrote:
dhang wrote:
IQU wrote:
aya101 wrote: Do you think that I will get an approval for dec ceremony

dhang,

At 19 when you applied for him, your son was an ADULT and his application will be considered to be a Form8 application and not a minor application. I hope you have completed the correct form?

All the best :)

I submitted the adult form8 alright.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Re: stamp 4

Post by Angel592 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:50 pm

irish0092 wrote:HEY GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP I AM 19 YEAR OLD I CAME TO IRELAND TO JOIN MY DAD AT THE AGE OF 7 ANDD WHEN I TURNED 16 I WAS GIVIN A STAMP 2A THEN NOW IM IN COLLEGE AND HAVE STAMP 2 . NOW MY PARENTS ARE IRISIH CITIZENS, WILL I STILL GET STAMP 2 OR SOME OTHER STAMP??? PLEASE EXPALIN WHAT OPTIONS I HAVE BECAUSE I HAVE TO REGISTER WITH GNIB THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!!11
Hey, same thing happened with me! When I turned 16 I was given Stamp 2A and then when that expired I told them that they should've given me Stamp 4 because I was with my parents from the start. They then changed it to Stamp 4. Good luck :)

moro1

Post by moro1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:59 pm

dhang wrote:
IQU wrote:
aya101 wrote:
Totally agree with you , I am in the same boat , then you have some morons talking about integration and all , what about doing the people who are already integrated a favor ? Stop making them go through horrible immigration process at a young age , and giving 16 years old who lived in the country since the age of 10 or less stamp 2 and making them feel insecure on such a young age . I wonder what do the lads down in the department of children and young affairs have to say about that !!

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi,

I got this email from INIS today:

''A letter is being issued to your legal representatives,***********
today advising them that your application has been initially assessed and
has proceeded successfully to the next stage of processing.''

Can you please tell me what does the ''next stage of processing'' mean exactly? What's the procedure of this stage? Is this the final stage or is there another stage after this? Really anxious to know! I really hope I get a letter for the ceremony after the October one..

moro1

Post by moro1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:18 pm

Angel592 wrote:Hi,

Can you please tell me what does the ''next stage of processing'' mean exactly? What's the procedure of this stage? Is this the final stage or is there another stage after this? Really anxious to know! I really hope I get a letter for the ceremony after the October one..
I head someone saying before this is when they actually gather all the reports about you , not very sure though ! When did you apply ?
Anyways what ever is this next stage of processing is , its better than the first stage i suppose

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:26 pm

moro1 wrote:
dhang wrote:
IQU wrote:
aya101 wrote: Do you think that I will get an approval for dec ceremony
Totally agree with you , I am in the same boat , then you have some morons talking about integration and all , what about doing the people who are already integrated a favor ? Stop making them go through horrible immigration process at a young age , and giving 16 years old who lived in the country since the age of 10 or less stamp 2 and making them feel insecure on such a young age . I wonder what do the lads down in the department of children and young affairs have to say about that !!
I'm in the same boat, I'm 20 now, been here since I was 6 years old!!!! Applied in Nov 2011... The amount of times I had to go to the department of justice, my passport is like full of stamps n re entry visas .. they gave me stamp 2A first time i applied, paid 100euro, then 6 month stamp 4 another 100euro then another 6 month stamp 4 another 100 euro then ANOTHER stamp 4 another 100 euro.. not to mention all the re entry visas i paid like over 500 euro all in total its ridicolous.. A teenager who grew up in Ireland nearly all of their lives shouldn't have to go through all of this!!!!!!!!!!! :x

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:28 pm

moro1 wrote:

I head someone saying before this is when they actually gather all the reports about you , not very sure though ! When did you apply ?
Anyways what ever is this next stage of processing is , its better than the first stage i suppose
I applied in November 2011. Im actually glad finally some different response, just after giving them all the school letters I've been to since 1999. I REALLLY HOPE I GET APPROVAL FOR DECEMBER CEREMONY :(

moro1

Post by moro1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Angel592 wrote:
moro1 wrote:

I applied in November 2011. Im actually glad finally some different response, just after giving them all the school letters I've been to since 1999. I REALLLY HOPE I GET APPROVAL FOR DECEMBER CEREMONY :(
I applied around the same time i have not heard nothing , i will ask my solicitor to contact them . I can not see why people who lived here since the age or 10 or so should go through all of this its outrageous really