ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appropriate salary for Tier 2 from PSW

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

benardmens
Newly Registered

Appropriate salary for Tier 2 from PSW

Post by benardmens » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi all,

I am a bit confused since there seems to be conflicting information on this website and UKBA. I am currently on PSW and will be applying for Tier 2 General next year.

I chanced upon this document on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary.

According to paragraph 4.2, the second example, every Tier 2 applicant should be paid at least 35000?

Relevant text is below .
Example two: if the relevant code of practice states that the minimum appropriate rate for a job is £27,000 p.a. then the documents submitted must show that the sponsor is paying the applicant at least £35,000 p.a. In this example, if the documents only show that the applicant is being paid £27,000 p.a. (or any amount less than £35,000) then the application must be refused. The £35,000 p.a. threshold is the „higher amount‟ which must be met in this instance.
Caseworkers must check that all the necessary documents have been submitted. In assessing whether the application meets the pay threshold criteria, they must also check the applicant‟s last Certificate of Sponsorship to determine which job they are being sponsored to do. Subject to the next sections, if the application meets all of the requirements, then ILR must be granted.
The Government will review the £35,000 minimum pay threshold annually and it may change after 6 April 2018. The UK Border Agency will update the threshold every April as necessary; therefore caseworkers must check the UK Border Agency website for the latest information.
[/quote]

Do I need to be earning 35000 before my application and if I do how long should I have been earning that to be able to successfully apply.

Thanks for reading and for any help

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi mate,

you're reading the wrong document (settlement)- 35,000 is what a worker will need to be paid if he/she wants to settle or get ILR.

You will need to refer to the Tier 2 policy document to see what your salary requirements are.