ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

redsfan
Newly Registered

Eligibility for British citizenship

Post by redsfan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Hello there I am inline speed skater. I am a member of the Birmingham Wheels Roller Skating Club based in Saltley and have been selected as a member of the national GB team to compete at European and World Championships. Last year I went to the Europeans in Italy, however there was a problem initially. I was born in Poland [edited] in 1994, im now 17, and have only moved to England on the [edited] 2005. To compete at European and World Championships, I need a British passport which I do not posses. Last year I was allowed to skate as an exception, but If I want to represent Great Britain again I have to get a British passport. I have searched around and found I would need to apply for citizienship? That would cost me 700 pounds, but then I would have to renew it in October as I turn 18 wouldn't I ? The other problem is financial as I haven't got 700 pounds to pay for this, as the sport is very expensive on its own, with me struggling to cover the costs of it. What do I need to do to receive a British passport, are there any funding options available for it, and do you know any sponsorship sources I could apply to for my sport? Thankyou very much in advance.
Last edited by redsfan on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

genorp

Post by genorp » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi,
I'll let others comment on the ins and outs of gaining UK citizenship, but I would advise you to edit your post and remove all the personal information from your post. You've posted way too much in a public forum which could lead to identity theft.
The essential bits for someone on here to help would be your age and the year you arrived. Not your birthdate and your full name and the other exact details which unsavoury people can piece together to do a lot of harm.

redsfan
Newly Registered

Post by redsfan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:35 pm

Oh yeah, thanks for that advice, edited it now!

redsfan
Newly Registered

Post by redsfan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Hello there, I really need some help with all this passport info. Hoping someone on here can help me.

I am currently 17, 18 in a moth and hold a Polish passport. I was born in Poland, and both my parents are Polish. I moved to England in June 2005, so we've all been here for over 7 years. I have now been selected to represent team GB in in line speed skating, however to do so I need a British passport. I've read up a lot however it's just confused me even more. What exactly do I need to do to gain it? is it naturalization that I need?

I also have a younger sister who was born here. How does she go about gaining a passport? Is it better for my parents to get their citizenship and she'll get one automatically or?

I've read up and all I see is a lot of different expensive options, but I'm not sure which one will get me and my sister a passport? Is it better (and cheapest) for one of my parents to get citizenship? Then the other one would get it automatically?

I know the way I worded that might sound very 'cheap' too, but my sport has pretty much no funding, and costs £3000 a year, so I'm trying my best to keep costs low. If anyone has any advice please share it.