ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor VISA - Should the sponsor be settled in UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srikumarcs
Newly Registered

Family Visitor VISA - Should the sponsor be settled in UK?

Post by srikumarcs » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for a family visitor VISA for my mum. I read on the guidance docs of UKBA website that, she can apply for a family visitor visa only of the sponsor is permanently settled in UK. I am on a Tier 1 General. Here is an excerpt -

"IMPORTANT NOTICE

To apply for this visa you must be visiting one of the following family members who is permanently settled in the UK

Spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister;
Grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter;
Spouse's or civil partner's father, mother, brother or sister;
Son or daughter's spouse or civil partner;
Stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
Unmarried partner with whom you have lived as a couple for at least two of the last three years

If you are visiting any other family members not listed above or who is not permanently settled in the UK then you should apply as a General Visitor."

The last time I applied, I dont quite recollect this rule. Is this something, which was recently introduced? Appreciate a response.

Cheers,
Sri

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Yes, this is a change that came into effect in July this year. Note that you can still sponsor your mum as a General Visitor.

srikumarcs
Newly Registered

Post by srikumarcs » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Cheers for the quick response. I am assuming that the documents that I provide will remain the same?? I just checked the relevant sections on the UKBA website and they seem to be the same. Just getting a second opinion :wink:

I just got my Tier 1 extended, now I have to slog on getting my mum's VISA sorted :D .. Life's a peach aint it...

Regards,
Sri

Maneks
Newly Registered

documents for general visitor visa

Post by Maneks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi Sri
Did you finally apply for your mother's visitor visa? If yes, what were the documents you provided? Did you have to fill an online form? Was she granted the visa eventually?
Sorry, too many questions, but your answers could help me make a stronger application for my mum. I am on Tier 1 and plan to bring over my mum for a month or two in Jan.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks