ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Without Condition As To Time

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

flipper-
Newly Registered

Without Condition As To Time

Post by flipper- » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:08 am

Hello,
Does anyone explain the following sentence from INIS website?

"Since 1st December 2010 we no longer accept Without Conditions As To Time applications from people who have a stamp 4 and already have a long term residency in the State. You can only apply for WCATT if your Stamp 4 permission has less that 6 months to run. Applications from people with Stamp 3 stamps continue to be processed as normal."

Is application from people have stamp 4 and LTR acceptable? My plan was getting LTR first then getting stamp 5 eventually. I am very confusing with the sentence and don't know what to do.

If someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
flipper-

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:30 pm

if you get long term residency stamp 4 for 5 years, you will not qualify for WCATT stamp. after 5 years on your LTR stamp 4, your permission will be renewed for another 5 years with your immigration officer automatically.

flipper-
Newly Registered

Post by flipper- » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Thank you agniukas.
Can I ask you something else?
1) How long can we receive LTR automatically? Is there no requirement?
2) How to receive stamp 4 annually until qualifying WCATT? If I have any job, it will be fine?

Now I have a stamp 4. I have to decide to apply for LTR or to keep receiving stamp 4 then apply WCATT. I really don't know what to do coz policy has been changed.

Many thanks,
flipper-
Last edited by flipper- on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Long term residency is only for people on work permits. If you have 5 years on work permits, then you are eligible to apply for long term residency. if your residency is on some other basis like IBC, spouse of irish national, etc, then you are not eligible to apply for LTR.
Under LTR they get stamp 4 for 5 years. when the permission expires after those 5 years, then they automatically get it renewed for another 5 years.

In order to apply for LTR you have to submit copies of your passport with all the stamps, gnib card and work permits.

In order to apply for WCATT you need 8 years in the country.

flipper-
Newly Registered

Post by flipper- » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:39 am

Thank you agniukas,
I’ve been working in Ireland for 5 years and qualified for LTR . Now I cannot make up my mind between applying LTR or waiting for 3 more years for WCATT.
Many thanks,
Flipper-

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:11 pm

well, stamp 4 after the work permits is only given with intention for you to apply for LTR, until you get the decision. It won't be given to you forever...