ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Little bit Nervous with my Tier-1 G extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srs42551
Newly Registered

Little bit Nervous with my Tier-1 G extension

Post by srs42551 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:54 am

Dear Friends,

I have my Tier-1 G extension with my visa due on 20-Oct-2012. I am applying through premium service on 12-Oct-12.

My application is straight forward to an extent, with exception to my previous earnings.

Here are my details:

Contractor: 12 months (6 months on Umbrella company payroll and 6 months my own LTD company).

Please advise if i am doing it right for the following:

[b]Umbrella company earnings:[/b] I was naive, so was the company to claim expenses including house rentals, i realized this late and did roll-back all my expenses.

But this led to mismatch of net income that was credited to my bank to that of new pay slips that were generated. Rather breaking my heading explaining this mess to case worker. I have decided for option two

Tax-history letter from HMRC with earnings from company 'Umbrella company' from 03-Oct-2011 until 04-Apr-2012 versus
Second source: P60/ earnings letter from my umbrella company (which one is better?).
[b]
Limited company: I get paid on second tuesday of every month. So, my Sep-2012 earning will be credited on 09-Oct-2012. I will transfer salary and dividend on the same day.
[/b]
Will the dividend (Oct) be acceptable to as previous earnings.

My previous earnings period is 01-Oct-2011 to 31-Sep-2012.

Sorry for such a long explanation.

Please advice seniors.

Thanks in anticipation

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:11 pm

Buddy, u can claim expenses including house rental. Am on a limited company and claim £250 a month. Rent is £1000 but my accountant said i can claim £250. I had my extension done last month without any issue, no questions asked at peo croydon.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Other expenses that i claim from my limited company are Travel, food and phone.

srs42551
Newly Registered

Re: Little bit Nervous with my Tier-1 G extension

Post by srs42551 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Dear Friends,

I am applying for my Tier-g extension this month.

Have a quick question regarding previous earnings. Is it fine if i provide P60 (Oct to 05-Apr2012) as one source and HMRC letter of tax history as another source for claiming points.

I was umbrella company and they are rubbish in providing letters and there are discrepancies in net earning to pay slips.

For this reason i am submitting P60 and HMRC tax history letter.

Is this acceptable by case worker.

Please advice seniors.

Thanks in anticipation

navodwickra

Re: Little bit Nervous with my Tier-1 G extension

Post by navodwickra » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:28 am

Yes you can use P60s

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Extension successful

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:43 pm

srs42551 wrote:Dear Friends,

I have got approval for my Tier-1 extension application at Croydon today.

I was bit nervous with regard to my application, considering earnings history (4 employers, limited company, umbrella company, part time job).

From my personal experience i must say, presentation is the key to success The more you explain about your case details (cover letter, highlighters, clarifications in writing), the case workers job would be easy and so the outcome of your case.

Good luck all with your applications.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!