ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child first passport - Fast track one-week service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ozair

Child first passport - Fast track one-week service

Post by Ozair » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:55 pm

The direct.gov website states the following:

Fast Track one-week service (by appointment) is only available in some cases - call the Passport Advice line on 0300 222 0000 to confirm you can use this service for your application.

Has anyone been able to secure a fast track appointment for child's first passport? What does it mean by 'some cases'? What are these cases?

Please advice!

Note: I am applying for ILR next week and will apply for child's registration as british citizen in two weeks time. I wont to book a fast track service if possible after i get the registration certificate.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Fast Track one-week service can be used for child's first passport. I used it for my two children in Aug this year.

It's too early for you to book a Fast Track one-week service appointment as they only give it 2 weeks in advance (the person at passport office told me that during busy times, they were offering 3 weeks in advance, but I am not sure if it is still the case).

First you need to apply for your child's registration using MN1 form and once you have received the certificate, you can book the Fast Track one-week service appointment by calling at the number which you already have.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:39 pm

If i call today for an appointment and get the appointment after 2 weeks and the fast track takes 1 week (total 3 weeks) then isint it the same as sending the application by check and send and receive the passport in 3 weeks time any ways? ... when you booked the appointment, how soon did you get it? were they available within a few days?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 am

When I booked they were really busy due to summer holidays and I got the appointment in 2 weeks time.

Have you got your son's reregistration certificate yet ? I thought you are due to apply for your ILR first, then you will apply for your child's registration and once you have the certificate, you can apply for passport.

If you have no urgent travel plans, then there is no point using one week fast track service paying double fee. Post office check and send is a good alternative if you have no travel plans.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:39 am

Thanks,

Yes i am just thinking ahead ...

I agree there is no need for fast track appointment if you get it after 2 weeks from when you call.

I havent got any urgent travel plans but we are going to book the tickets the day we get the passport for the child so i was just wondering about this.