ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appliction by post but retrn of passport after three week.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hitu119
Newly Registered

Appliction by post but retrn of passport after three week.

Post by hitu119 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi
i am going to apply for BC .
I do not want to spend to much money on NCS.
We are three to apply for Bc.

I HAVE heard that if you apply by post. They will retrn your passports back within three or so weeks and it will take its normal time to process of application

IS THIS RIGHT.? PLES REPLY

barnaby

Re: Appliction by post but retrn of passport after three wee

Post by barnaby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:52 pm

hitu119 wrote:IS THIS RIGHT.? PLES REPLY
No. You have to ask for them.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:50 pm

barnaby wrote:No. You have to ask for them.
True, but the time frame is about right: it takes up to 20 working days until HO return the passports after they have received your request.

hitu119
Newly Registered

Post by hitu119 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:01 am

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
True, but the time frame is about right: it takes up to 20 working days until HO return the passports after they have received your request.
thanks for reply
so after i apply i Have to call them and tell them that i want my passport back. Or is it automatic they will send you back.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:15 am

hitu119 wrote:so after i apply i Have to call them and tell them that i want my passport back. Or is it automatic they will send you back.
They will sent it automatically back once a decision has been made and all your paperwork is returned. If you want it beforehand (i.e. within three weeks), you have to contact them.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:39 am

Just to make it clear - Normally, if apply by post, you will have to wait for 3 months before asking the passports back. It's not just a matter of applying and then asking them back the next day.

If you need the passport, use NCS or a solicitor.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:55 am

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
It took only 3 days in the case of my wife.

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:47 am

Jambo wrote:Just to make it clear - Normally, if apply by post, you will have to wait for 3 months before asking the passports back. It's not just a matter of applying and then asking them back the next day.
This info is incorrect. I called UKBA about 3 weeks ago to get some clarity as the info on the website was abit unclear to me. I applied on 10 July and was thinking of requesting my passport back though I didn't at the time. I was told by the lady I spoke to that you can request your passport back anytime after your have rcvd your acknowlegement letter. At the time she offered to take my request for my passport back but I told her I would wait it out a little bit longer.

I was also told that after making the request you would rcv the passport within 10 working days.

As I am still waiting for approval and would like to travel sometime in October, I am planning to request mine if I don't hear from them by end of this month.
Last edited by kel on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:10 pm

kel wrote:
Jambo wrote:Just to make it clear - Normally, if apply by post, you will have to wait for 3 months before asking the passports back. It's not just a matter of applying and then asking them back the next day.
This info is incorrect. I called UKBA about 3 weeks ago to get some clarity as the info on the website was abit unclear to me. I applied on 10 July and was thinking of requesting my passport back though I didn't at the time. I was told by the lady I spoke to that you can request your passport back anytime after your have rcvd your acknowlegement letter. At the time she offered to take my request for my passport back but I told her I would wait it out a little bit longer.

I was also told that after making the request you would rcv the passport within 10 working days.

As I am still waiting for approval and would liek to travel sometime in October, I am planning to request mine if I don't hear from them by end of this month.
The HO website says (implies) that you need to wait 3 months and that it takes 20 days to get the documents back. The human on the phone (as kel said) says it takes up to 10 days. In practice, it seems to be much faster.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:12 pm

It could be a change in policy. As always when dealing with the HO customer service over the phone, I recommend to call a few times just to make sure you are getting a consistent advice.

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Ok i will call them again by next week and see if they say the same thing. Perhaps someone else should also call and see.

bunty4ILR

Post by bunty4ILR » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:56 pm

I will be applying for BC next month and the local NCS is charging £65 for the service which would become very expensive for me. Can anyone please advise would it affect my BC application if I ask the Home Office to return my passport after 4 weeks or so? Would the Home Office consider my application as 'withdrawn' if I make such request??? :(
Thanking you in advance for your help.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:46 pm

bunty4ILR wrote:I will be applying for BC next month and the local NCS is charging £65 for the service which would become very expensive for me. Can anyone please advise would it affect my BC application if I ask the Home Office to return my passport after 4 weeks or so? Would the Home Office consider my application as 'withdrawn' if I make such request??? :(
Can you apply via some other council's NCS?

I only paid £40.

bunty4ILR

Post by bunty4ILR » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:08 am

jms_uk wrote:
bunty4ILR wrote:I will be applying for BC next month and the local NCS is charging £65 for the service which would become very expensive for me. Can anyone please advise would it affect my BC application if I ask the Home Office to return my passport after 4 weeks or so? Would the Home Office consider my application as 'withdrawn' if I make such request??? :(
Can you apply via some other council's NCS?

I only paid £40.
Hi thanks for the suggestion, after reading your reply I checked my neighbouring councils NCS fee and yes they are bit lower than my local council. Can I use a different local authority service even if I dont live in their borough :?:

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:50 am

bunty4ILR wrote:Can I use a different local authority service even if I dont live in their borough :?:
Yes.