ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cityboy25
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy25 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:33 am

FLR M applied on 6th of February 2012
Acknowledgement letter received
Biometric letter received
Biometric completed
Document return: still waiting!!!
Biometric card: still waiting!!!

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:20 am

umairkhlil wrote:Yes they do. In fact they always try to pull something out from the application to denial, so fingers crossed.
I have applied for FLRM too being a tier 4 student and three days ago my uni assistant told me over phone that UKBA wrote them an email asking my attendance and some information about my course which I recently completed. so it made me wonder that why they have checked my progress.
anyway have you had any low attendance ?
Still.Waiting wrote:Does anyone here know if the caseworkers at UKBA actually look into your attendance at uni before granting you FLR(M) if you are switching from Tier 4 student visa to spouse visa FLR(M) ??

Your responses will be greatly appreciated !
Hi umairkhlil,
Yes i have very low attendance and have not been going to uni as i have shifted to a different city after marriage. I dont now what to do now i am living far from uni and working so cant really afford to attend.

How was your attendance and For progress did you send in your mark sheet with you documents and when did you send in your application?

Still.Waiting

Re: FLR M waiting time

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 am

waitwaitwait wrote:
2222 wrote:Still no changes to my long waiting time!! 7 months now since I applied.

FLR M applied on 27th February 2012
Payment out of the bank: 29th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric letter received on 16th March 2012
Biometric completed on 28th March 2012

Any February applicants still waiting????
I am still waiting.

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12
Date BRP received: waiting
Date Docs received: waiting

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4
hi waitwaitwait,

do you know if ukba checked on your attendance and your uni records?

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but have been reading this thread a lot..Like all of you, I'm still waiting for the result of my FLR(M) application. Below is the timeline of my application. I have called them last week and asked for any updates but the lady who answered (after waiting for 30 mins!) told me to call back after 27 Sept since my application was received on 27 March. Is there any way I can do for them to process my application? I can't start looking for work or even volunteering job because of this! I came to UK via the Fiancee Visa route. I'm honestly losing patience from all this waiting! :cry:

Date Docs Sent: 23 March 2012
Received by UKBA: 27 March 2012 (saw it via Royal Mail tracking service)
Acknowledgement Letter: Didn't receive any!
BRP Letter: 4 April 2012 (although in the letter it was dated 30 March 2012)
BRP Done: 10 April 2012
Docs & Result: STILL WAITING
BRP Card: STILL WAITING

cityboy25
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy25 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi everyone,
Have just received a letter from my MP with an attached mail she received from The Home Office stating that my application is has been passed to case worker for consideration and due to the volume of applications they received, they have not been able to make a decision but they will let me know as soon as a decision is made but if there is any compassionate grounds which they might need to consider I can put it forward. Has anybody received such a letter? Please advice

FLR M applied on 6th of February 2012
Acknowledgement letter received
Biometric letter received
Biometric completed

Phdswati
Newly Registered

Post by Phdswati » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi everyone
Just the same story
Applied 27/02\2012
Biomet 28'03'2012
Still waiting for doc and everything else.

tired_of_waiting
Newly Registered

Post by tired_of_waiting » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Phdswati wrote:Hi everyone
Just the same story
Applied 27/02\2012
Biomet 28'03'2012
Still waiting for doc and everything else.

Stop postin da same message again n again

Phdswati
Newly Registered

Post by Phdswati » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:15 pm

Sorry, i just posted once. Something might have happened to my phone thats why it kept on delivering the same MSG.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:16 am

Phdswati wrote:Sorry, i just posted once. Something might have happened to my phone thats why it kept on delivering the same MSG.
It happened for me as well, i think if you post from your phone, it posts twice

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:42 am

Still waiting too :(

My timeline :

Date applied/docs sent: 16/02/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 20/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 23/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 22/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 03/04/2012
Date passport/docs received from HO: Waiting
Biometrics card received: Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Fiancee

nholler
Newly Registered

Post by nholler » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:10 am

Have all February applicants here requested the sponsors passport back yet?

Myself and a few others here have done that and our visas have then been processed a month after.

Worth a shot if you haven't already.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:01 pm

nholler wrote:Have all February applicants here requested the sponsors passport back yet?

Myself and a few others here have done that and our visas have then been processed a month after.

Is that a tricky way to get the visa quickly ?

nholler
Newly Registered

Post by nholler » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 am

z18runway wrote:
nholler wrote:Have all February applicants here requested the sponsors passport back yet?

It may just be coincidence but several cases here where the sponsors passport has been requested it seems to have had a positive effect on processing the application fairly soon after.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 am

nholler wrote:
z18runway wrote:

It may just be coincidence but several cases here where the sponsors passport has been requested it seems to have had a positive effect on processing the application fairly soon after.
Well i requested my sponsor's passport back after 4 months into application and nothing happened - still waiting

Roadmaster
Newly Registered

February and March Applicants

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Not sure this is of any help or completely relevant but deals with a FOI request related to Feb / Mar applications

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/f ... sing_times

Roadmaster
Newly Registered

Re: February and March Applicants

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Roadmaster wrote:Not sure this is of any help or completely relevant but deals with a FOI request related to Feb / Mar applications

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/f ... sing_times
As per the website -
They've clearly combined postal data with applications made through the same day service. The number of applications made in Feb/March are much higher than those quoted in FOI 23293/1616, so the average wait times are a bit useless (sadly!)

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:12 pm

nholler wrote:
z18runway wrote:

thanks for the info

mrsclc78

Requested applicant's passport, received decision in 6 days!

Post by mrsclc78 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:19 am

essexb wrote:
kshah wrote:

Thanks Essexb

Can I ask, after how many weeks of submitting your application, did you ask for wife's passport back, were you closer to six months deadline and what reason did you give to them ?

Did they readily agree to return your wife's passport or you have to convince them and did they gave you any reference ?

Regards

We requested the passport around 2 months after submitting the application and the UKBA were actually the ones who mentioned that we could request the non-sponsors documents back (as long as they were not for travel), so they didn't need convincing at all. It's definitely something that they can do. They didn't give a reference and we stupidly didn't take anyone's name, so there was a week or 2 where we were very anxious, but happy to say it all worked out. Just see the timeline below.

My time line is :
docs sent : 28th June
ack letter : dated 7th july
Requested docs back: 23rd Aug
Bio letter : 24th Aug
Docs returned : 31st Aug
BRP arrived: 4th Sept
All:

I think this is incredibly important and a very frustrating commentary on how the UKBA works.

Like essexb, I requested my (the applicant's) passport back for ID purposes only by calling and pressing the button for return of documents. I spoke to a very nice woman named Xina who assured me that receiving my own passport back for ID purposes only (no travel) was fine and would not negatively affect my application decision. I confirmed with her that I did NOT want my application withdrawn, but I'd been told I could request my passport back to show an employer. She asked no questions and said I'd receive it within 20 working days. She said nothing about needing to send it back, nor did she give me a reference number, so I just asked for her name.

I made this call on 14 September, and today (I was away for a few days) picked up a parcel with all my documents and my passport, and a letter saying my BRP is soon to follow. This letter was dated 20 September. It took them 6 days from when I called to make the decision. They decided on my application BECAUSE I requested my passport back. My assumption is that they couldn't be bothered to wait for me to return the passport, so they decided on it right then and there. Which makes sense.

My BRP is on its way right now as I missed the DX courier while I was away and I rescheduled, so I'll have that today as well. I'm so, so grateful. Thank you, God!

However, I think everyone should know that this is a shortcut, though it shouldn't be necessary. I'm heading off to a bunch of job interviews up north in 2 weeks' time and I wanted to have my documents in hand just in case.

If you call up the number, as essexb said, and request the applicant's passport back for ID purposes only, I think it's likely they'll do the same and process your application sooner. I'm so relieved because I know many have waited a lot longer than I have (3 months), as I have had 3 family members in the hospital recently, but that wasn't enough to get the UKBA to move quicker. Strangely, requesting my passport back is what did it as I'm sure I'd be waiting another goodness-knows-how-many-months had I not done this.

If you have a reason to request your passport for ID only, I'd seriously suggest it.

My timeline is below. I should point out my application is straightforward. I've been here for 5 years, first on a prospective student visa, then student visa, then PSW which expires in a week. My husband and I have been together for 4 years and were married this past spring. We met the financial requirements and had no other issues, so I'm guessing this helped. I was a bit concerned because his bank sent some rather sketchy-looking photocopies of his bank statements, but with the payslips this didn't seem to matter.

Good luck to you all!!

Payment taken: 22 June 2012
Application reached UKBA: 25 June 2012
Ack. letter dated: 28 June 2012
Date requested SPOUSE'S/SPONSOR's passport: 6 Aug 2012
Biometrics letter dated: 7 Aug 2012
Biometrics letter rec'd: 10 Aug 2012
Date biometrics enrolled: 10 Aug 2012
Date requested APPLICANT'S passport: 14 Sept 2012
Date docs posted: 20 Sept 2012
Date docs received: 28 Sept 2012
Date BRP received: 28 Sept 2012
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: PSW

shiali
Newly Registered

Post by shiali » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:31 am

OMG okay I am so freaking pissed off right now. I tried ringing UKBA to find out what happened to my biometrics letter because its been 2 months since I received the acknowledgement letter! From what I've gathered it takes only a few days to a month to receive a biometrics letter and I'm not even requesting the progress of my application. This woman wasn't very helpful. Waited half an hour to get some woman who couldn't tell me ANYtHING. All she said was she has no details of my application even after I've given her the reference number wtf? And I said I'm just asking for a biometrics letter and she kept saying she can't give out any information I just have to wait. Fcking idiot. And she hung up on me. So rude! I'm fuming. Is there any way to complain about this, I wish I got her name. I know people have had bad experiences with ukba staff as well, but I'm really angry and want to lodge a complaint about the rudeness and how unhelpful these people are. What do they do anyway? Sit on their mule all day enjoy torturing the applicants thinking they own our asses because they determine our visa statuses. I'm taking action. Somebody please advice me what to do.

shiali
Newly Registered

Post by shiali » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:49 am

I have to say that was extremely frustrating and disappointing for me because that was my first time trying to ring UKBA, and because I never get the chance to. I'm always at work mon-fri and they're only open then, just so happens I am off today to run some errands (INCLUDING THIS) and all I got was that kind of response.
I remember asking her how do I know if my documents are still safe in your hands and she still kept repeating the same thing "I can't tell you any information on this ma'am you just have to wait".
Bloody, bloody, annoyed.

Flrm agony
Newly Registered

to shaili

Post by Flrm agony » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Just call them and ask them to send a request to the Sheffield office.
That's what happened with me. I called so many times and they said they couldn't do anything.
Until a nice person answered the phone ans said that 2 months is way too long.And that he will send a request. And of course the letter was sent on the same day and I got it three days after the call.
Just call them and make them feel that you know what you are talking about and they will have no choice other than issuing the letter.

shark5
Newly Registered

Post by shark5 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:29 pm

I had applied on February 16th and did my biometrics on the 21st of March. On Tuesday this week I called to request sponsor's passport back and I have today receieved all my documents and BRP is to follow.
Just thought I'd share the good news and give Feb applicants still waiting hope and also that it might have been me requesting the sponsors passport that initiated them dealing with my application.
Goodluck to everyone still waiting.

aditipritam

Re: Requested applicant's passport, received decision in 6 d

Post by aditipritam » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:31 pm

mrsclc78 wrote:
essexb wrote:
kshah wrote:

Thanks Essexb

Can I ask, after how many weeks of submitting your application, did you ask for wife's passport back, were you closer to six months deadline and what reason did you give to them ?

Did they readily agree to return your wife's passport or you have to convince them and did they gave you any reference ?

Regards

We requested the passport around 2 months after submitting the application and the UKBA were actually the ones who mentioned that we could request the non-sponsors documents back (as long as they were not for travel), so they didn't need convincing at all. It's definitely something that they can do. They didn't give a reference and we stupidly didn't take anyone's name, so there was a week or 2 where we were very anxious, but happy to say it all worked out. Just see the timeline below.

My time line is :
All:

I think this is incredibly important and a very frustrating commentary on how the UKBA works.

Like essexb, I requested my (the applicant's) passport back for ID purposes only by calling and pressing the button for return of documents. I spoke to a very nice woman named Xina who assured me that receiving my own passport back for ID purposes only (no travel) was fine and would not negatively affect my application decision. I confirmed with her that I did NOT want my application withdrawn, but I'd been told I could request my passport back to show an employer. She asked no questions and said I'd receive it within 20 working days. She said nothing about needing to send it back, nor did she give me a reference number, so I just asked for her name.

I made this call on 14 September, and today (I was away for a few days) picked up a parcel with all my documents and my passport, and a letter saying my BRP is soon to follow. This letter was dated 20 September. It took them 6 days from when I called to make the decision. They decided on my application BECAUSE I requested my passport back. My assumption is that they couldn't be bothered to wait for me to return the passport, so they decided on it right then and there. Which makes sense.

My BRP is on its way right now as I missed the DX courier while I was away and I rescheduled, so I'll have that today as well. I'm so, so grateful. Thank you, God!

However, I think everyone should know that this is a shortcut, though it shouldn't be necessary. I'm heading off to a bunch of job interviews up north in 2 weeks' time and I wanted to have my documents in hand just in case.

If you call up the number, as essexb said, and request the applicant's passport back for ID purposes only, I think it's likely they'll do the same and process your application sooner. I'm so relieved because I know many have waited a lot longer than I have (3 months), as I have had 3 family members in the hospital recently, but that wasn't enough to get the UKBA to move quicker. Strangely, requesting my passport back is what did it as I'm sure I'd be waiting another goodness-knows-how-many-months had I not done this.

If you have a reason to request your passport for ID only, I'd seriously suggest it.

My timeline is below. I should point out my application is straightforward. I've been here for 5 years, first on a prospective student visa, then student visa, then PSW which expires in a week. My husband and I have been together for 4 years and were married this past spring. We met the financial requirements and had no other issues, so I'm guessing this helped. I was a bit concerned because his bank sent some rather sketchy-looking photocopies of his bank statements, but with the payslips this didn't seem to matter.

Good luck to you all!!

If everyone will start doing this, no one will get it quicker.
So guys, unless it is very very urgent, please wait for your turn.

Your gain could be at someone else loss.

holderp177
Newly Registered

Post by holderp177 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:10 pm

aditipritam wrote:
mrsclc78 wrote:
essexb wrote:
kshah wrote:

Thanks Essexb

Regards

My time line is :
All:

Good luck to you all!!

Totally agree with you, some of us only mindful about ourselves will do anything to get our stuff back without consideration for others who have waited for a longer period, if all of us decided to use this avenue, I probably will be waiting for a year. Yes I would like my documents and visa back after 4 months waiting but there are some people who have been waiting longer than myself who are probably at their wits end. So lets be considerate for each other and not think about ourselves and be selfish.

mrsclc78

Post by mrsclc78 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:18 pm

holderp177 wrote:
aditipritam wrote:
mrsclc78 wrote:
essexb wrote:

My time line is :
All:

Good luck to you all!!

Totally agree with you, some of us only mindful about ourselves will do anything to get our stuff back without consideration for others who have waited for a longer period, if all of us decided to use this avenue, I probably will be waiting for a year. Yes I would like my documents and visa back after 4 months waiting but there are some people who have been waiting longer than myself who are probably at their wits end. So lets be considerate for each other and not think about ourselves and be selfish.
I certainly wouldn't suggest anyone does this UNLESS they actually need their passport back, as I pointed out.

I graduated in 2010 and have been job hunting for 2 years, so now that I've got some promising leads I'm certainly not going to miss the chance.

If you actually read my post, you'll see I pointed out that if you NEED your passport for ID purposes, then I suggest you ask them about it because it's not publicised on their website, but it is possible. Nowhere did I suggest everyone run out and do this because, as has been pointed out, if you do, you'll just add to the confusion and backlog already happening.

Just trying to help the people who actually need their passports for reasons other than travel because others on this board have been helpful to me.

I was trying to be *helpful*, not selfish. Sheesh.