ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visitor or Family Visitor???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bunty4ILR

General Visitor or Family Visitor???

Post by bunty4ILR » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:32 pm

First of all plz accept my apologies if a similar question already exists in the forum which I am unable to find, therefore would really appreciate if someone could give some advice.

My brother, his wife and my 10 y.o nephew are planning to visit the UK for 10 days around Christmas time. My brother works and lives in Dubai (UAE) and has a permanent job there with a very good income. His main purpose to come to UK is to visit me and go to different places along with his family.

Now I have 3 questions:-

1. My brother is not sure which visa form to submit; General Visitor or Family Visitor? On the online visa form for General Visitor when he answers YES to 'Visiting family memeber in the UK' question the system redirects him to Family Visitor type of form even if he sponsoring his and family trip himself. Can he still apply as a General Visitor even he is going to stay with me?

2. In either case (general or family visitor) my brother has asked me to send him my tenancy agreement and my payslips and bank statements of 6 months and copy of my passport and ILR. But does he really need to show my finances if it's a self-funded trip? TBH I cannot spot a difference between docs required (from the UK relative) for General Visitor and Family Visitor.

3. Lastly, I rent a 2 bed semi-detached house, live with my better half and have no kids. There's a spare bedroom, Spam, bathroom and a living room in the property. My brother, his wife and son are going to stay mainly at my place and my question is would it be okay to satisfy the accommodation requirement? I hope it's not going to be an overcrowding issue and it's only for 10 days.

Just to add I met my brother last time almost 6 months ago in Dubai so it's not the case that I've not seen him in ages. His basic motive to visit the UK is to have holidays with his family and stay at my place (I hope I am making sense).

Thank you so much.