ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help on my cohabitation documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jegdis5
Newly Registered

Please help on my cohabitation documents

Post by Jegdis5 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi friends,

I am bit confused about my wife eligibility on ILR.

She came to UK 07/sep/2009.
Her duration in India:

23/nov/2009 to 28/feb/2010
25/jun/2011 to 09/nov/2011
06/oct/2012 to 08/dec/2012 - she will be in india

I have following documents:
1. Her license - valid from 27/10/2010
2. Bankstatement - valid from 16/04/2010
3. Counciltax bill - valid from Feb/2011

I am already eligible for PR but waiting for my wife to comeback from India this december so that we can apply together by end of december..

I am bit worried if she is eligible to apply with me with above documents and her long visits in india.

Can someone please help me to adivce me if she is eligible this december end?

I will be applying for ILR with WP(came to Uk sep/2007) + Tier 1 visa..Actuall my Tier 1 visa is valid till 01/june/2013 but I dont want to sait until then becos of changing in rules...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Jegdis5
Newly Registered

Post by Jegdis5 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:22 am

Dear Sushmeta ji,

I read all that FAQs but still need your help so that I am 100% confident in applying..

She has breaks but stayed with me for 2 years but the document is available only from april 2010 :( and that too different document with different times...

Please help me.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:07 am

You can get 'certificate of residence' from your local council if she was registered on electoral role.

You can also ask your landlord/estate agent to write you a letter stating that she has been living at the same property as you since the following date.

You can also contact your GP surgery if they can provide you with a similar letter.

These might not be enough but its better to have them if you can get them.

Jegdis5
Newly Registered

Post by Jegdis5 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:19 am

Many thanks Oazir,

Its my own house and I moved in November 2011..House is registered in my name as the mortgage is on my name...Lemme see if her name is there on the document...

I am really confused.

I will call the council for the certificate of residence but the problem is we move to new residence nov 2011 :(...

Jegdis5
Newly Registered

Post by Jegdis5 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:25 am

I See in section 11:

Note 8 We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough
items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address
for both of you. Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.

The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different
sources.

So, I can proivde 3 letters on my name and 3 letters on her name? Though the letters covers different time periods ?

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:35 am

I am going to use the following cohabitation documents:

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Jegdis5 wrote:I See in section 11:

Note 8 We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough
items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address
for both of you. Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.

The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different
sources.

So, I can proivde 3 letters on my name and 3 letters on her name? Though the letters covers different time periods ?
Dude, this might be too late but you are quoting from SET(M) form which is not applicable in this case, I am sure. For SET(O), number of documents are not mentioned any where in the form. But yes, it gives an interesting insight into what would be acceptable for CW.