ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Fam Permit time frame at UK Embassy Dublin

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beady eye

EEA Fam Permit time frame at UK Embassy Dublin

Post by beady eye » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi guyz, does any one know how long is it taking for british embassy to issue EEA fam permits. i know on UKBA site it said 3 weeks but i remember they use to turn around apps in like 2-3 days, any recent experiences kindly share?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Better in the EEA part of the forum, so am moving it there.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:46 pm

Don't have experience myself but in the past decision were taken in Dublin. Now application from Ireland are sent to the UK for a decision and I suspect that slows the process a bit (so the 3 weeks on the website is probably accurate).

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:26 am

Generally, the advise given to applicants is three weeks. This is in-line with UKBA service standards, which do not just apply to a particular VAC.

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:35 am

oh so apps are now sent to uk for processing. hmm. i suppose thats what taking it a bit longer coz before when u apply n ur case is straightforward u would have got reply in like 2 days some cases 24 hours. ok so.