ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Visitors Need Return Ticket To Enter UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

treefriend

Does Visitors Need Return Ticket To Enter UK?

Post by treefriend » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:45 pm

My mother is going to visit me in UK. We are unsure of her return date. Does she require to have a return ticket? I am concerned that immigration people may bother her on the airport. Can anyone please advice?

Thanks in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:53 pm

It not necessary to have a printed ticket. Whether she should have (as a non-obligatory, precautionary measure that shows her ability to return) a six digit record locator to a passenger name record would depend on her circumstances. Is she a visa national or will she be expecting to get entry clearance on arrival?

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:31 am

Lucapooka wrote:It not necessary to have a printed ticket. Whether she should have (as a non-obligatory, precautionary measure that shows her ability to return) a six digit record locator to a passenger name record would depend on her circumstances. Is she a visa national or will she be expecting to get entry clearance on arrival?
She is visa national and travelling. I have been told by the travel agent that Emirates after seeing her visit visa would not let her to fly on one way ticket. Is he trying to sell me the return ticket? Or it is obligatory?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:57 am

It's not obligatory for the passenger from the UKBA's position, but the airline is permitted to apply its own discretion. This is a matter of Carriers' Liability. If a return ticket is not, in fact, cheaper than a single, and complaining has no effect, then perhaps she should find another carrier.