ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice on Stamp4 holder applying Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hopeforalife
Newly Registered

Need advice on Stamp4 holder applying Naturalisation

Post by hopeforalife » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Dear all, my life is basically stopped at the moment due to this application so any advice/help would very much appreciated.

Long story short:
1.Moved to Ireland since 2005 with family, did Leaving cert and graduated from UCD in 2010, my stamp4 acquired at the same year, was using student visa prior my studies.
2.Parents and my 2 brothers got their irish passports back in 2008 or 09 iirc. Parents been working here for 20+ years so there wasn't an issue with that. My application with them wasn't successful because I was above 18 when i arrived ireland (1week after my birthday), the letter said I shall apply again when I live in Ireland for full 5 years.
3.Applied in 2010, rejected due to some mistake on filling the form, lawyer asked for a revision but no reply. (yes i know this is ridiculous especially that letter came back in June 2011).
4.3rd application sent in July 2011, found out that they never receive my application in this March (2012).
5.4th application sent in mid-March and waiting since.

I was studying a MSc in UK since last september and then the UKBA rejected my entry in March saying that I do not hold an EU passport. I did what i could after consulting with lawyers/immigration officer: nothing i can do but getting an irish passport (I am entitled for EU fee which is why I couldn't get a UK visa because there is simply no case like mine at all and I did try to apply one which is how they found out about my visa issue).

I wrote letter directly to the minister of justice and that's how I found out that my application from last year was never received, told me that they are processing my application. Local politician even gave me a hand but same generic response (basically saying this is an EU matter so even life changing event wouldn't do much with my application.

So the only way to deal with this is to keep waiting (and pray)? I mean what if they rejected my application again? My course couldn't finish and how do i get a job related to my field when I told people I am half way stuck in my course??

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

hopeforalife
Newly Registered

Post by hopeforalife » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:38 am

Bump this, still waiting for the result.

This is what i got from last friday:
Your application is currently being processed & you will be informed of the
Ministers decision as soon as possible

I even got my local TD to help me out (she wrote to the minister twice) but the reply is still the same. Saying that this is EU matter so it takes time etc.

At this stage i truly wish that they will give me what i needed (i know they don't care about that) because dragging this for about 5months by now is literally slowly killing me everyday.

Any advice or any help would be appreciated very much.

hopeforalife
Newly Registered

Post by hopeforalife » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:15 am

It's been 6 months of torture, i literally wake up in every morning and check the mailbox - disappointed every day. Life is going no way without this master degree, some recruiter called but what can i tell them that i am currently suspended due to this weird issue?

Can anyone have any advice at all? Thank you.

'I am typing another email to the department and this is a draft:
Dear XXX,

It's been 6 months now, I am writing this to inquire about my application. It's been 6months of days that I woke up every morning and hoping to see a letter in the mailbox. If I could do anything, i mean, anything, or do you need anything from me to help you to make a decision to my application, please do tell, I'd very much appreciate your help. Thank you.'

I simply cannot take the days like this anymore.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi , I totally understand your frustration , but unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it .
Try to get your solicitor to contact them again , send them a long "emotional letter" trying to ask them to speed up the process . maybe contact one of the td's you already talked to to help you . specially ones from fine gael who might contact some of alan shatter ad visors or assistants