ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment Solihull 3rd Oct 2012 - Final Check list

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ozair

PEO appointment Solihull 3rd Oct 2012 - Final Check list

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:53 am

Hi everyone,

I am almost ready for the PEO appointment at Solihull.

This might be helpful for some people who are preparing for their ILR application.

Main Applicant: Myself (2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1).
Dependent: Wife (2 years Tier 1 dependent).

1- Appointment confirmation letter

2- Set O form

3- Photographs
Main Applicant + 1 dependent

4- Passports
Main Applicant + 1 dependents

5- Life in the UK -
Me + wife

6- Tier 1 migrant approval letter (copy only, lost original)

7- HSMP approval letter

8- Pay slips for 12 months (others available as backup)

9- P60s (2 missing for 2007 and 2008, waiting for employment history letter from HMRC)

10- P45 (for the last employer before hsmp. It was part time job)

11- Letter from Employer (confirming salary and working since date)

12- Bank statement for 12 months

13- Cohabitation documents.

(Note: I have compiled a list of cohab docs for each month for the 24 months period as the CW would have it on her check list. My own little touch :P)

14- CRB Check certificate (not included in the application pack)

15- Photocopies of everything.

Let me know if i have forgotten to put something in the bag :)

nmm

Post by nmm » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:11 am

(Note: I have compiled a list of cohab docs for each month for the 24 months period as the CW would have it on her check list. My own little touch )
Thanks Ozair, it's a good way to present cohab docs.

Have you created a spreadsheet for list of absence? I have created with following columns:

S#
Date left the Uk
Date returned to UK
# Days
Reason
Type of Absence
Passport #
Exit stamp page
Entry stamp page

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 am

I was thinking of doing it as well,

I only have 78 days of absence in 5 years. I have been out of the country at 4 occasions. This fits easily on Section 6 (page 13).

My wife has no absence in 2 years.

But i will do this as well i guess.

Regarding Cohab Docs,

I will put the spreadsheet at the top of cohab docs while giving it to the case worker. I have 3 piles of cohab docs organized in the chronological order as on the spreadsheet.
Last edited by Ozair on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

nmm

Post by nmm » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:16 am

One more question:
Are your council & other bills are printouts or they are on pre-printed letterhead.
I have seen several post on this forum that online bills are not accepted by HO but I can't find any reference on UKBA website.
Normally its very difficult to judge if a document is on letterhead printout or is on a pre-printed letterhead.

nmm

Post by nmm » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:20 am

Another thought:

How latest is your last bank statement?

One of my friend had his last statement around a month old and he was asked to show the latest one. He was unable to show but even then his case was approved.

Afour
Newly Registered

Re: PEO appointment Solihull 3rd Oct 2012 - Final Check list

Post by Afour » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:22 am

Ozair wrote:Hi everyone,

(Note: I have compiled a list of cohab docs for each month for the 24 months period as the CW would have it on her check list. My own little touch :P)
Great. I think you have everything. Well sorted.

Cohab - Neatly compiled. Just to let you know ,the CW is mostly concerned with the joint named documents.

Regarding absence spreadsheet, I think you need not have it if you have less number of absences.(we had only 64 days of absence). Anyway you can prepare it as well.

Regards,
Afour.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:24 am

The only thing printed out is the Tier 1 general approval letter as i cant find the orignial.

The form says:
You must provide the documents specified below which are relevant to your application. If you do not, we reserve the right to decide your application on the basis of the information and documents provided. Tick the relevant boxes
to show the documents you are providing. They must be originals. You hould photocopy each of these documents and provide the copies in addition to the originals. You should also provide passport/s along with photocopies of any pages that contain personal details, visas or immigration stamps (foreign or UK).
Ask the companies you are dealing with to provide previous bills. I had a similar issue with the bank statements. I had a green account meaning they would not sent me paper statements. I phoned them, and they said they would charge me £1 per page but i convinced them that i have not received the statements originally as i was on the green account. They ended sending me these statements for no charge.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:30 am

nmm wrote:Another thought:

How latest is your last bank statement?

One of my friend had his last statement around a month old and he was asked to show the latest one. He was unable to show but even then his case was approved.
I have a similar situation.

I am claiming points for 01/09/2011 - 31/08/2012 (12 months in last 15 months). I got my salary slip for this month today and my last bank statement only covers me until 18th of september.

I will get an internet statement on 2nd Oct from the bank showing my salary which will be on their letterhead but it will only says HSBC on it and nothing else. Same was the case with my previous visa applications applied through solicitor and they went through.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:49 am

actually, HSBC is very good. for my last extension, i were short of statement so i went to a branch. The person printed off the requested statement for me, signed/stamped and also attached his card with it just in case of issues.

why not do that.

my salary comes into santander account now, and I have just spoken to them and they said they will print off the latest statement for me and sign and stamp it as well as I won't receive my bank statement before my application due date.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:55 am

innocentdevil wrote:actually, HSBC is very good. for my last extension, i were short of statement so i went to a branch. The person printed off the requested statement for me, signed/stamped and also attached his card with it just in case of issues.

why not do that.
Actually that should be your previous statements. The last time i checked 3 years ago, they just printed the transaction as you would normally do by logging into online account. I will visit them on 2nd october to get the latest transactions.

nmm

Post by nmm » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:37 pm

I was looking at your Cohabitation docs checklist, I think the doc that cover a period like if you receive coucil bill in feb for next 3 months that means it cover feb-mar-apr and not only feb. So this proves that you were living there for 3 month and then another bill will cover next 3 months.

Similarly if I get a letter from GP to show I am registered with them from last two years then I don't need to show separate letter for each month.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:02 am

I have two letters like that, one from the Estate Agent stating that we have been living together since 2 years back on the estate agency letter head and a letter from the council stating that we are registered on the electoral role for 2011 and 2012 on the same address.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:41 am

your documents are sound Ozair. Good luck.

I have

0- UKBA Appointment Confirmation Letter
1- Passport
2- Application form with Pictures
3 - Life in the UK pass certificate
4- Earnings ( Payslips + Bank Statements) for 12 months
5- P60s for last 5 years just in case
6- all other documents from previous applications (HSMP/Tier1)
7- Photocopies of above

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Just a head's up for people going to Solihull PEO
Our payment processes will change on 1 October 2012. On and after this date you must pay by credit or debit card if you want to pay for your application on the day of your appointment.

Taken from UKBA website:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... tem=255976
At our Cardiff and Glasgow enquiry offices and from 1 October 2012 at our Solihull public enquiry office, you can only pay by credit or debit card. Alternatively, you can pay by post at least 6 working days before your appointment using a banker's draft, postal order, or credit or debit card. To make your payment by post:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... rson/cost/

nmm

Post by nmm » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:56 pm

innocentdevil wrote: 6- all other documents from previous applications (HSMP/Tier1)
Hi innocentdevil,

Can you provide the detail of what documents you are submitting from previous (HSMP/Tier1) applications?

Do we need to provide each & everything? I have all Tier-1 application docs but I think I lost my old documents of HSMP (payslips etc) apart from degrees etc?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:08 pm

nmm wrote:
innocentdevil wrote: 6- all other documents from previous applications (HSMP/Tier1)
Hi innocentdevil,

Can you provide the detail of what documents you are submitting from previous (HSMP/Tier1) applications?

Do we need to provide each & everything? I have all Tier-1 application docs but I think I lost my old documents of HSMP (payslips etc) apart from degrees etc?

I literally have all the previous documents I can think of i.e: hsmp and tier1 letters with the references, all the documents like application forms etc, I will just be taking them with me just in case

nmm

Post by nmm » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Is this a requirement for ILR or you are just taking it yourself?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:25 am

nmm wrote:Is this a requirement for ILR or you are just taking it yourself?
not a requirement, just in case.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:03 am

Hi Ozair: if possible take atleast one cohab evidence (for you and your wife) from third year. Though this is not a requirements but read few threads CW asked documents from third year.

innocentdevil, nmm: Is there any role

gap between latest bank statements and application submit date should not be more than 18 days.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:58 am

arifahmmed wrote:Hi Ozair: if possible take atleast one cohab evidence (for you and your wife) from third year. Though this is not a requirements but read few threads CW asked documents from third year.

innocentdevil, nmm: Is there any role

gap between latest bank statements and application submit date should not be more than 18 days.
Arif : i didn't understand your question.

my bank statement will be a week old when i go next week to PEO. shouldn't hurt.

if they want to see economic activity, they can do so by looking at the last 12 months banks statement. not a brainer this one.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi arifahmad.

My wife have been here exactly 2 years,

visa issued on 2nd September 2010, came here 6th October 2010.

I dont have documents for more than 24 months covering 2010,11,12

Regarding bank statements, i believe it should not be older than 1 month when you apply.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:33 am

Hi Oazir, yes you are fine because your case she is here only two years.

thanks

Ozair

One last question

Post by Ozair » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:46 am

Hi Guys,

Just one last question for those going to apply under HSMP 2 years and Tier 1 3 years ...

Section 9 G. Page 35 of the form Set (O)

Did you tick G1 or not?

Thanks!

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:35 am

Oazir: If you have not absent more than 180 days then tick. If you absent more than 180 days then dont tick the box.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:39 am

I had it ticked previously,

Now, after reading it again, i was confused as it says it is for Continuous residence ... is it the 10 year continuous residence route?