ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused B1/B2 visa on old nationality

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PShakSETO
Newly Registered

Refused B1/B2 visa on old nationality

Post by PShakSETO » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 am

Hi All,

First of all, thanks in advance for the time checking my post and most appreciated if an advice is given.

My Family lives in the states, they are americans now. I tried several times to go there to visit them but the Embassy refused to give me a visa based on the fact i could not prove i have enough ties to bring me back to UK, even though i had 5 year work permit.

2 years ago i was refused because my parents filed for some immigration (i think family sponsorship).

My question is, Next year i will be having my British Passport. Does my previous refusals on a different passport affect my travel to the states on the British passport.

Thanks again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:58 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

PShakSETO
Newly Registered

Post by PShakSETO » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks for your reply. So based on the last point"Has been refused admission to the United States before", i should apply for a visa through the consulate.

Since my parents filed in immigration application for sponsored family, do you think this will result in refusal, evn with a British Passport.

Also do you know if this ( immigration application for sponsored family) can be withdrawn from the immigration based on the fact it was filed without my consent.

Again thanks in advance for time answering my query.