ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Family Visit Visa for my In Laws.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

majumdar.anamitra7

UK Family Visit Visa for my In Laws.

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi All,

I am in UK in Tier 2 (ICT) Visa for more than 3 years. My father in law and mother in law are planning to visit us on Family Visitor Visa for around 3 months.

Can someone please help us with the queries below :
  • I am planning to sponsor all their expenses in UK along with accomodation and travel. I will be sending my original UK SAVINGS account bank statement for last 6 months which will have a balance of around £4000. Is this balance suffucient?
    Do I need to send my UK current account bank statements also where my salary is credited? The balance in this account is low roughly around £500.
    My in laws will be submitting fixed deposit documents. Do they need to submit originals or photcopies will do?
    Is it mandatory to have the fixed deposit on both my mother in law and father in law's name jointly?
    Is it mandatory to have the bank statements which my in laws will submit, from a joint account? what is the minimum balance that is required?
    My in laws will be submitting house registration docs. Do they need to submit originals or photcopies will do?
    My in laws will be submitting LIC certificate and recent Premium receipts.Do they need to submit originals or photcopies will do?
    My father in law is retired but does not receives pension? What supporting docs he needs to provide and should they be in original or photocopies?
    My in laws will be submitting a marriage affidavit as they do not have marriage certificate.Do they need to submit originals or photcopies will do?
    My mother in law is a housewife? Does she need to provide any supporting doc for that?
    Are tickets to and from UK mandatory?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:29 pm

They have to apply for general visit visas. You are not settled in the UK so they are not eligible for the family visit category. This information is given without commenting on the other aspects of your post.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:13 am

It has already been pointed out that you will need to file for a General Visitor visa. Here are responses to your other queries.

I am planning to sponsor all their expenses in UK along with accomodation and travel. I will be sending my original UK SAVINGS account bank statement for last 6 months which will have a balance of around £4000. Is this balance suffucient?
Yes. A copy will also do.

Do I need to send my UK current account bank statements also where my salary is credited? The balance in this account is low roughly around £500.
No. Do send a copy of your payslips if available to support though not mandatory.

My in laws will be submitting fixed deposit documents. Do they need to submit originals or photcopies will do?
The applicants should supply original documents as much as possible. The sponsor, i.e., you can supply copies. All documents will be returned along with the passport.

Is it mandatory to have the fixed deposit on both my mother in law and father in law's name jointly?
No.

Is it mandatory to have the bank statements which my in laws will submit, from a joint account?
No.

what is the minimum balance that is required?
No specific floor.

My in laws will be submitting house registration docs. Do they need to submit originals or photcopies will do?
With regard to original / photocopy, see answer above.

My in laws will be submitting LIC certificate and recent Premium receipts.Do they need to submit originals or photcopies will do?
With regard to original / photocopy, see answer above. Also provide travel insurance certificate if they plan to take one out (is recommended).

My father in law is retired but does not receives pension?
I can't answer this for you.

What supporting docs he needs to provide and should they be in original or photocopies?
If no source of income, then nothing. he can provide his savings statements and your copies as sponsor. With regard to original / photocopy, see answer above.

My in laws will be submitting a marriage affidavit as they do not have marriage certificate.Do they need to submit originals or photcopies will do?
With regard to original / photocopy, see answer above.

My mother in law is a housewife?
I can't answer this for you.

Does she need to provide any supporting doc for that?
She will have to fill out her own form and say is dependent on her husband. As the application will be submitted with her husbands, one set of documents is enough.

Are tickets to and from UK mandatory?
If you mean paid and confirmed tickets, then no. A travel itinerary with possible travel dates is fine. Get this from any travel agent or airline.
Regards,
crowbar6