ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General query about Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cutipd
Newly Registered

General query about Tier 2

Post by cutipd » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:11 am

Hi,

I am not clear what is the difference between restricted and unrestricted COS in terms of employer. All suggestions/views welcomed!!

Many Thanks! :D

sussexguy

Re: General query about Tier 2

Post by sussexguy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:20 pm

cutipd wrote:Hi,

I am not clear what is the difference between restricted and unrestricted COS in terms of employer. All suggestions/views welcomed!!

Please read the policy guidance. In short, if you are in the UK you need unrestricted CoS and the opposite otherwise.

sha23

Re: General query about Tier 2

Post by sha23 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:41 pm

sussexguy wrote:
cutipd wrote:Hi,

Please read the policy guidance. In short, if you are in the UK you need unrestricted CoS and the opposite otherwise.
Apart from this, one needs unrestricted COS If one comes from outside uk in the following cases:-

1. For occupation which is on the Shortage List
2. If paid Salary of GBP 150,000 Per Annum
3. Or in the Inter company transfer route, which does not require RMLT.

Mods, please correct me in case am wrong in this!

cutipd
Newly Registered

Post by cutipd » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:56 pm

It means if somebody switches for Tier2 ICT to Tier 2 general assuming eligible for in-country switching, prospective employer needs to apply for Unrestricted COS. Is it that unrestricted COS doesnt comes under the maximum limit of 20,700 but restricted COS comes? Even if the monthly limit of COS is over but unrestricted COS can be applied. What limits the employer from applying for an Unrestricted COS then?