ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Continuous Absence for Dpendents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sugadev

ILR Continuous Absence for Dpendents

Post by sugadev » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:12 am

Hi Experts,

I am Sugadev planning to apply for ILR on 04.10.2012. My wife is in India from 18.05.2012 returning 02.20.2012. Since the continuous absence of herself and my daughter amounts to about 140 days, will our ILR application be rejected? I have not been absent for more than 20 days in any calender year and have completed 5 years legally in UK as a work permit holder. My wife has been staying in UK for the same duration.

Your advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:48 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sugadev

Thanks for the reply

Post by sugadev » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. But the guidance doesn't say anything about continuous absence for dependents. It only says about relationship for 2 years. My wife has been living with me here in UK for 6 years. But it is only the absence from 18.05.12 until the day we apply is the concern I have. I asked a consultant and he said the dependents absence doesn't count. Did anyone have similar problem and got their ILR sorted out? I will be applying in PEO, Glasgow.

Thanks again.

vinny

Re: Thanks for the reply

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:52 am

sugadev wrote:Thanks for the reply. But the guidance doesn't say anything about continuous absence for dependents..
Q12
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.