ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa - Financial Question Regarding Debts

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fifi
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa - Financial Question Regarding Debts

Post by Fifi » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:26 am

Hi ...
Can anyone tell me if it it necessary to include credit card debts and/or information about monthly income/outgoings in support of a Fiance Visa application? My fiance is about to apply for his visa in Tripoli, Libya and we've had conflicting advice.
Many thanks in anticipation,

BATS

Post by BATS » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:27 pm

When I saw my immigration lawyer she said that she knew of people who had loans but never declared them so it looked like people had a healthy bank balance. All they put in were their current account and savings statements. I would have thought though that the ECO will wonder why there are payments going out of your account for credit card bills especially if they are high payments or low payments occuring quite often e.g. possibly highlighting the fact you are paying minimum amounts back on large debts.

My advice would be to just be honest and maybe put your debts in the most positive light you can. I have a student overdraft but have never taken out a loan and make regular payments to reduce my overdraft so I am playing on that fact with my fiances visa application.

You could also ask someone to act as an additonal financial sponsor e.g. a family member who would help out if needed.

Good Luck!