ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New EEA2 family permit required in new passport?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jeroen stam
Newly Registered

New EEA2 family permit required in new passport?

Post by Jeroen stam » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:03 pm

My stepson was granted an EEA2 family permit in 2009. His passport was destroyed by a friends dog (don't ask me how!!) only a couple of pieces we could recover (with a few parts of his visa sticker).
So he got a new Brazilian passport. I applied again for the EEA 2 by the application form. Surprisingly it was declined as I had to send more evidence about relationship. I was amazed as I reckon in the modern world of technology they should have all documentation on their system isn't it???
As we have to do everything again and process times takes up to 6 months I was wondering if its worth. Actually my wife's old passport expired so when we are traveling she brings both old and new and this doesn't give any problem.

My question is: Does my stepson actually need to have this visa physical in his pasport or can we just wait till expiry date and then apply for the EEA4 'definate leave to remain'? Will he face problems example returning from an overseas trip with UK Border agents at the airport or can they check their systems?

thanks in advance for all reactions!

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:53 pm

The burden of proof is on the applicant. The UKBA is not required to check on their own if you qualify or not.

Non-EEA family members are not legally obliged to hold a Residence Card. But you should still have proof of relationship when crossing borders.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Keep passports away from dogs! Seriously, take care of these documents, they are important.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: New EEA2 family permit required in new passport?

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Jeroen stam wrote:My stepson was granted an EEA2 family permit in 2009. His passport was destroyed by a friends dog (don't ask me how!!) only a couple of pieces we could recover (with a few parts of his visa sticker).
So he got a new Brazilian passport. I applied again for the EEA 2 by the application form. Surprisingly it was declined as I had to send more evidence about relationship. I was amazed as I reckon in the modern world of technology they should have all documentation on their system isn't it???
As we have to do everything again and process times takes up to 6 months I was wondering if its worth. Actually my wife's old passport expired so when we are traveling she brings both old and new and this doesn't give any problem.

My question is: Does my stepson actually need to have this visa physical in his pasport or can we just wait till expiry date and then apply for the EEA4 'definate leave to remain'? Will he face problems example returning from an overseas trip with UK Border agents at the airport or can they check their systems?

thanks in advance for all reactions!
When applying, they expect all the evidence to be provided at the time of application.

Is your stepson over or under 21? This is important.

I would suggest that he reapplies to avoid inconvenience.