ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office address....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Prince1

Home Office address....

Post by Prince1 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:03 pm

My supposed spouse was able to enter the UK as my wife last Nov. and left me 3 days after entering the UK - having had other plans (She is still in London with her boyfriend in a secret location). I have now exhausted all peaceful means to find her and get it resolved without much success. I now wants to write the Home Office
withdrawing the sponsorship of her dependent visa based on the fact that there is no cohabitation as she has deserted me. In this
way any future applications by her for Further Leave To Remain in the UK on the basis of this relationship would be refused by the HO. She has misrepresented her real intentions for entry into the UK and is in breach of the conditions for which the visa was issued.

I need the address (es) of the Home Office to sent the letter to.... and I want the letter to have maximum impact and received by the right person....

Kindly help with any other advice...

Regards.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:12 pm

Prince 1,

Sorry about the Mrs going awol.

For the HO to accept any of your arguments that the wife is no longer with you - they have to see proper evidence (in order to avoid blackmail).

You perharps need to start divorce proceedings before you can think of doing anything else.

My advise to you is just ignore her and let her get on with her life.

She will not be able to renew her Visa based on marriage at the end of the probationary period as she is not staying with you.

Just get on with your life mate (what goes round come round - I am pretty sure you will a second bite of the sherry in the future)

Good luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:34 pm

Truly sad to hear your incident,
But I agree with Chess, you'd be better off not chasing her because the law always takes a 'tough stand' on you by default.

If you attempt to cancel her visa or take her to court, you are probably doing her a favour(if she hires a smart lawyer) and you might even end up losing your money !

Just leave the past behind and get along with your life.

Prince1

Post by Prince1 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:46 pm

Thanks for your advice....So I should do nothing about it ...just fold my arms and walk away.... She has 4 yrs on her passport indicating her to be my wife.... and I will have to meet another person and settle down soon. Apart from that ...I just think someone need to know at this point in time...that in itself will be a proof someday... What do you guys think...?

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:50 pm

I suppose if your relationship has completely broken down and un reconcileable - start divorce proceedings.

With regardings immigration issues - forget about that let her get on with her life - you never know what the future holds
Where there is a will there is a way.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:57 pm

Prince,

I am sorry to hear of your situation - it is always difficult when these things happen. You have had some pretty decent advise on how to deal with this namely - immigration wise and moral/ marriage wise. I hope you can resolve it for your own sake i.e. don't lose it all in the name of vengeance. This WP case and ILR case posts are from others in a similar position. Hope everything works out for you.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:12 pm

Since she is only your 'supposed spouse' I don't think you can proceed with divorce papers.

I know how you are feeling and its hard to forget when you have strong reasons to believe that you been cheated taking advantage of your immigration status. My honest advice still is- leave her alone.

Please think this way, Are you both going to have a smooth relationship even if you win the battle against law or having success in cancelling her visa ?

So, is it worth talking the pain, struggle and wasting time for bygones?

I'm sure you will get better things in your future life. The pain you are going thru now is just a part of life that everyone suffers someway or the other.

User

Post by User » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:58 pm

Hi Prince1,

You said she entered as your "supposed wife" last Nov and you also say that she has had visa for 4 years as your "wife" - which means she has been your wife for a longer period of time (at least 4 years) and last November she entered as "supposed wife" - which could mean that you both were divorcved sometime in the last four years and then you probably managed to get together last year and you could bring her to UK (even though she was not your wife - only "supposed wife").

Even if you approached the IND, they will think that the last time (last Nov) when she entered as your "Supposed wife" status was illegal - unless she entered as your fiancee (if that's what "supposed wife" means).

Going by that if she is just your fiancee, what documents you could prove to start a divorce proceeding. As a fiancee, she has every right to be not staying with you. Finacee visa does not say that she has to stay with you. She can change her mind at any time and walk away. Of course in that case she won't be able to renew or extend her finacee visa though.

I think your case is complicated enough to warrant a immigration-cum-criminal lawyer to represent (because you both seem to have been married earlier and then divorced and then again in finacee or "Supposed wife" relationship and entered UK on this status)

You will have to be frank and clear in what you say - for any of us to help you.

regards.

Prince1

Post by Prince1 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:21 pm

For clarification purposes, we married outside the UK and she came here as my wife (on spouse dependent visa - based on my work permit). She is officialy my wife - i.e on her passport. Except that we only lived together in her first 3days of arriving here and she left me without any information of her whereabout...

Thanks for all the advice (particularly Kayalami's), I appreciate it.
Last edited by Prince1 on Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noah
Newly Registered

Post by noah » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:48 pm

Prince1 wrote:For clarification purposes, we married outside the UK and she came here as my wife (on spouse dependent visa - based on my work permit). She is officialy my wife - i.e on her passport.

Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it.
When you petition for divorce, use your address as her address, the District Court will send her some mail there.

Forget about the Home Office - it behooves your divorce not to know where she is. Some day the Home Office might contact you because she's shown up for a re-entry into the UK or wants to apply for FLR or what not. When that happens, you'll know what to say. Until then, perhaps counterintuitively, it's better to be in the dark...

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:16 am

Usually, the IND prefers to be informed in such circumstances, however there is no legal duty of doing so.
It is true that she may be found guilty of violating the entry regulations, for example, as illegal entrant. If you contact the IND, they would probably pass the information to the local Immigration Service office where the member of their staff may want to interview you to collect the evidence you have. Then, if they know her whereabouts they will be seeking to interview her and if there are reasonable grounds to believe she obtained an entry clearance for the purposes other than to stay with you as your wife - she will then be subject to revocation of her entry clearance with subsequent administrative removal.
However, the Immigration Service will need to know her whereabouts, if they do not know there will be nothing they can do.
Also, if you report her to the IND, they may decide to curtail her visa from 2 years to 1 year or even 6 months. Since they do not know her address they will not be able to inform her of their decision. In this case, once 6 months passes and she does not leave she will become an overstayer and will not be able to renew her visa at a later date at all.

These is what the most likely is going to happen and if it is to your satisfaction you can choose this way however, I personally would not do this, I think "tit for tat" method of solving this problem is not the right solution. So I think you should move on with your life and forget about her, as the other members of this forum have advised.

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:40 am

Just leave her alone and forget about her - She does not worth any other approach. She is a liar and will not hesitate to tell that she had let you because of domestic violence. At the end of the day, you'll find out that you have become the defendant.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:35 am

tnavon wrote:Just leave her alone and forget about her - She does not worth any other approach.
I can agree to that.
tnavon wrote:She is a liar and will not hesitate to tell that she had let you because of domestic violence. At the end of the day, you'll find out that you have become the defendant.
That is actually not quite true. It sounds nonsensical that one can accuse another of domestic violence after 3 days - no one is going to believe in that. Moreover, if she decides to use it to pave her way in applying for an extension she will have to substantiate this with lots of evidence (including the police reports) according to the IND rules.
Furthermore, with respect to Prince's final decision, say if he decided to report her, his role in that issue would be over. The decision on whether to take further action or not would then rest with the Immigration Service and Police.

User

Post by User » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:25 am

I don't think she is a liar. As Prince1 says, she has been married to him for 4 continuous years and been having the UK visa for 4 years (as he says).

Why would she all of a sudden walk away from him just to secure her visa - especially after bing married for 4 years and been having the visa (as a dependant) for several years in her passport.

I certainly suspect it could be a question of domestic violence and it is better for prince to take a criminal lawyers advice before he approaches IND or HO.

Because if it is really a case of domestic violence, Prince1 could be in trouble with Police and IND or at least he will not be able to strip her off the dependant visa.

regards.

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:32 am

Jeff,

In this country, police automatically believe the wife.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:59 am

User wrote: I certainly suspect it could be a question of domestic violence and it is better for prince to take a criminal lawyers advice before he approaches IND or HO.
User - you cannot simply suspect anyone on the basis of your beliefs from what you read and interpret. For suspecting, you need evidence.

I think we need to give emphasis to the circumstances he explained rather than questioning the genuinity of the post.

My basic point is - taking this matter to HO or a legal desk is very easy, but whatever HO/law verdicts, whether is favourable or against him - he is not going to gain anything out of it.

THATS THE WHOLE POINT people advising him to leave her alone and get along with his daily business.

If she (his wife) has been subjected to domestic violence, there is no point in showing moaning for her justice by posting it here. It’s totally her responsibility to fight for.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:32 pm

I believe that all contributions on this topic have been in good faith so let us not start questioning intentions in a manner that will degenerate that. It seems the general consensus here is:

1. There are immigration aspects to consider.

2. There are moral aspects to consider pertaining to the subsistence of a marriage or otherwise.

Let us leave Prince 1 to resolve this as he deems best given the information he has. At least he will be able to make a decision from a more knowledgeable position.

Thank you all for your understanding.

User

Post by User » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:44 pm

vin123 - that was my contribution to his post. There is no need for you to raise your voice (by using capitalisation) nor to teach me what to post.

Even tnavon in his post says "She lied". Are we to question his post. Did tnavon have any direct evidence to say "she lied". Its all about the voluntary contributors to post what they think is fit on the original post.

regards.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:16 pm

tnavon wrote:Jeff,

In this country, police automatically believe the wife.
Yes, Tnavon, if wife is a British Citizen. If wife is an alien then it is different. The policy of the Government is to maintain efficient and fair immigration control so if she is found in breach they will not hesitate to take an appropriate action.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:27 pm

My basic point is - taking this matter to HO or a legal desk is very easy, but whatever HO/law verdicts, whether is favourable or against him - he is not going to gain anything out of it.

THATS THE WHOLE POINT people advising him to leave her alone and get along with his daily business.
Dear User- The capitalization was not against you, that was against my point and myself for what I was trying to stress.
Also, this is a public forum so you can post whatever you like as long as you don’t offend anyone directly, sticking to the rules.

Also note, right from your first post in this thread, you were trying to see his post in a way trying to give it a Hollywood style 'twist' to the case and explanation from what you see from your side. That obviously did not make sense to me, hence I wrote my previous post quoting you. I did not mean to offend you or teach what to post.

Also, you or tnavon can write anything here, as far as no one is offended.

I strongly believe she (his wife) is not taking part in this post conversation openly, so who is offended if someone calls her a ‘liar’??

Do I make sense ?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:39 pm

It seems best for this post to be locked. Thank you for your understanding.