ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP(RC) applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:21 pm

To give an introduction, my wife applied for surname change. Time lines are somewhat like this,

Application Posted : March 26
Acknowledgement : April 2
Biometrics invitation: April 14
Biometrics given : April 20
Letter to MP : July 8
MP letter to UKBA : July 17
UKBA Response : 31st July (Response was same, "large influx of similar applications, causing a queue")

Today she gave a call to UKBA and spoke to them after waiting 15 mins, only to be told that 6 months is not from the date of application but from the date of biometrics.

So hope it gets sorted in time...

Jing
Newly Registered

Post by Jing » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:50 am

That is longer wait than mine. I have been waiting for 4 months and my flight is on 20th this month. Really dont see much hope it will be done on time. Wrote to MP 3 times already, and complaint to UKBA too. They just said this kind of application is dealt with strictly according to the date of biometric enrollment. However there are some other people who applied in June or even July got their documents back.

And last time when UKBA replied to my MP, they said there hadnt been a caseworker allocated to my case yet by August.

Jing
Newly Registered

Post by Jing » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Update:

Form sent: 09/05/12
Application received by UKBA: 09/05/12
Biometric enrolled: 29/05/12
Documents returnt: 05/09/12
BRP Card received: 05/09/12

First complaint made: 17/07/12
Sencond complaint made: 15/08/12
Third complaint made by my boyfriend: 16/08/12
First letter to MP: 14/07/12
Second letter to MP: 01/09/12

Just received my passport at work when i was writing another letter asking to put an urgent request on my application. Happy day!

BRP card delivered several hours later

simona78
Newly Registered

Post by simona78 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:30 am

Congratulations! Enjoy your holiday this month, you must be so relieved!

No news for me, still waiting...

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:30 am

darkhorse10 wrote:To give an introduction, my wife applied for surname change. Time lines are somewhat like this,

Application Posted : March 26
Acknowledgement : April 2
Biometrics invitation: April 14
Biometrics given : April 20
Letter to MP : July 8
MP letter to UKBA : July 17
UKBA Response : 31st July (Response was same, "large influx of similar applications, causing a queue")

Today she gave a call to UKBA and spoke to them after waiting 15 mins, only to be told that 6 months is not from the date of application but from the date of biometrics.

So hope it gets sorted in time...

Update from me,

My wife had an email acknowledgement that they are dealing with the complaint which I have sent on August 20th. This was on August 31st. She got all the documents back on 6th September, and BRP on 7th september. Thanks for the advises regarding posting complaints. it was worth complaining.

Goodluck to everyone who are waiting.

Cheers,
Nik

wakarahen
Newly Registered

Post by wakarahen » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:46 pm

No idea what is going on with my wife's (marriage name change) application but here's our timeline:

Late March - wife changed maiden name in passport
Early June - sent off application to UKBA
June 11th - receive notice that application has been passed to caseworker. "Should receive further information within 10 working days."
September 5th - receive refund in post of £37

Have a missed delivery from Royal Mail, so need to go and pick up the stuff from Royal Mail. Will find out tomorrow what on earth is going on.

I'm wondering if they've forgotten to send out the biometrics letter and are asking for a new application to be submitted?

So, so, so. frustrating.

Jing
Newly Registered

Post by Jing » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 am

Hey wakarahen,
Do you know why they refund you? Normally as I know, if you already received the aknowledge letter, it means the payment is successful and no matter what result it will be they wont give you money back!

wakarahen
Newly Registered

Post by wakarahen » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:34 am

A wee update on the above. Another funny story to add to the list...

We got everything back today (and the refund) because they say that my wife's name has not changed on her travel document. The page behind the photo ID page has the details of the name change. They've just failed to spot it.

Incredible.

We have to apply again.

So in summary...
Late March - name changed on passport
Early June - application submitted
June 11th - "we should contact you within 10 days"
July - we move house so change details online and fax them with a new address
September 6th - they refund the £37, send everything back to the old address (I just happened to go up to the old place to see if there was any mail) and inform us that there's no name change on the passport, so they can't issue a new BRP.

So a new application and wife's ID off again for who knows how long. They may even pull us up because we're making the application nearly 6 months after the name change took place.

Any advice? Obviously I'm going to write a long letter to go with the new application. I will also scan in a copy of the apparently impossible to find name change page with the passport. Perhaps stick a luminous post-it note in! Is it worth getting in contact with our MP to see if they can speed up the process?

LeavingNice
Newly Registered

Post by LeavingNice » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:47 am

Got mine back!

Applied on the 7th of June
Enrolled biometrics on 21st of June
Received passport on the 14th August
BRP RC redelivered on the 20th August (I was at work)

Good times :)

ssr

Sad state of affairs

Post by ssr » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:45 pm

My friend lost his BRP while he was in India and got a single entry visa to return to Uk.Upon arrival his emplyer says he cannot work until he gets the replacement Visa which, from what i see here, could take upto 6 months.He is not in a position to support himself without a job for 6 months.It just doesn't seem sensible to deny someone his right to work who has already got a valid Tier 1 visa until June 2014.The employer says they have contacted UKBA and UKBA also said one cannot work until one obtaisn the BRP RC.

Any response from people who have face similar ordeal would help.

He applied for his BRp Rc today but I don't see naything happening.

LeavingNice
Newly Registered

Post by LeavingNice » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Good news for me!

Application made on June 6th
Biometric enrolment on June 21st
Passport received August 14th
BRC RC received August 17th

Keep your chins up everyone! I followed someones tip in this forum to send a complaint letter. No harm can be done with a bit of a nudge. :)

apple0

Post by apple0 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 am

LeavingNice, what did you complain about? Your timeline is very fast.

In response to a complaint, I was told that applications are processed in order after biometrics. That doesn't seem to be the case, though. The time it takes them to send the biometrics letter seems out of order, too.

apple2710
Newly Registered

BRP

Post by apple2710 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:43 pm

I have submitted application on 06/08/12. Shortly after that I received acknowledgement letter, but still waiting for biometrics letter.
Feel so frustrated, as as I cannot work without a permit, cannot attend exams etc. without ID!
Feel so hopeless!

Yuri1983
Newly Registered

Post by Yuri1983 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi Guys,

My times are the follow:

Biometric enrollment on July 27st
Passport received: waiting
BRC RC received: waiting

I have a business flight on the 27th Sep that I can not cancel. I have been waiting 7 weeks after biometrics, I called the UKBA and they were unhelpful as they only provide information if you case has been outstanding more than 6 months. I feel so angry, I never image that a duplicate will take soo long. I was thinking to travel outside the UK and then applied for a single visa to enter again to the UK. Do you think its possible?

DJMC
Newly Registered

Re: Sad state of affairs

Post by DJMC » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:42 am

ssr wrote:My friend lost his BRP while he was in India and got a single entry visa to return to Uk.Upon arrival his emplyer says he cannot work until he gets the replacement Visa which, from what i see here, could take upto 6 months.He is not in a position to support himself without a job for 6 months.It just doesn't seem sensible to deny someone his right to work who has already got a valid Tier 1 visa until June 2014.The employer says they have contacted UKBA and UKBA also said one cannot work until one obtaisn the BRP RC.

This is very strange indeed, must of us here are working I believe, that's include me, I'm 5 months waiting for my documents, and it seems from some posts here that they are not being very fair with the processing dates.

Your friend should contact the Home Office ASAP and clarify it with them, because the only think they say while waiting for the blessed BRP, is not to book any urgent travel.

It is very unfair deny the right to work for somebody who has the righ to work, BRP RC is not a VISA process, is just a replacement of a card.

DJMC
Newly Registered

Post by DJMC » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:56 am

apple0 wrote:LeavingNice, what did you complain about? Your timeline is very fast.

In response to a complaint, I was told that applications are processed in order after biometrics. That doesn't seem to be the case, though. The time it takes them to send the biometrics letter seems out of order, too.
Apple0, we once more can confirm that they are not telling the truth, I submitted my biometric 9th May and still waiting for my documents and people who sumitted later are receiving their documents back, what's happening ???

ssr

Re: Sad state of affairs

Post by ssr » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:54 pm

DJMC wrote:
ssr wrote:My friend lost his BRP while he was in India and got a single entry visa to return to Uk.Upon arrival his emplyer says he cannot work until he gets the replacement Visa which, from what i see here, could take upto 6 months.He is not in a position to support himself without a job for 6 months.It just doesn't seem sensible to deny someone his right to work who has already got a valid Tier 1 visa until June 2014.The employer says they have contacted UKBA and UKBA also said one cannot work until one obtaisn the BRP RC.

This is very strange indeed, must of us here are working I believe, that's include me, I'm 5 months waiting for my documents, and it seems from some posts here that they are not being very fair with the processing dates.

Your friend should contact the Home Office ASAP and clarify it with them, because the only think they say while waiting for the blessed BRP, is not to book any urgent travel.

It is very unfair deny the right to work for somebody who has the righ to work, BRP RC is not a VISA process, is just a replacement of a card.
We have been trying to contact UKBA via all known emails and nos and there hasn't been any response yet.Do you know any home office contact number/email address who can clarify this?
Thanks

apple2710
Newly Registered

Post by apple2710 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:01 am

I applied on 6 August 2012 and still waiting for biometric letter....

sawera22
Newly Registered

Post by sawera22 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 pm

i have applied for my toc application in april, biomatric done in first week of may, now its end of september still waiting

apple0

Post by apple0 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:33 am

I did biometrics two months ago and still nothing. Has anyone received their BRP after doing biometrics in the past two months?

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Post by talktohappiness » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:51 pm

afcdon83 wrote:@rajbiometric

I beg to differ. I did my biometrics at the end of Feb and I got no documents back for 7 weeks. My MP wrote then direct to the Chief Executive at UKBA and I got my documents and new BRP card back within a week.
Hi afcon83 and Hello everyone reading this. For all participants in this thread, I gotta say, YOU HAVE NO IDEA THE HOPE YOU GIVE TO A LOT OF PEOPLE LURKING. THANK YOU :D

For me I lost my BRP a while back and have since applied. I became scared when I didn’t hear anything for almost a whole month (its 27th Sept now). So out of deep frustration I typed questions on the google which led me to this thread. I have been silently reading for a while and I am truly truly grateful for all the replies and comments so far, they have helped me A LOT and am sure they have helped other thousands of lurkers. I just had to join!
My case is that I lost my card abroad in July. To come back to UK, I applied for short term single entry BRP visa abroad.I got single entry BRP visa for August and came back to London on 12th August with this Visa.

My timeline so far:
Date application posted: 13-08-12
Date acknowledgment of application received from UKBA: 16-08-12
Date of letter from UKBA for Biometrics Enrolment: 25-08-12 (it got to my door on 31st though!!)
Biometrics done: 31-08-12
Date of approval: ???
Date of return of passport and other documents: ???
Date BRP received: Waiting ???

I did not know the process took so long and so many things are suffering in my life. I am not sure what to do now and its so frustrating :( and depressing not knowing what to do or how to plan. It is difficult to survive in London without your BRP&Passport:oops:. This thread has helped with my anxiety. Please keep it up and give more information and tips. I will also write my experiences and hope it helps other people too. Gracias

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:04 pm

talktohappiness wrote:
afcdon83 wrote:@rajbiometric

I beg to differ. I did my biometrics at the end of Feb and I got no documents back for 7 weeks. My MP wrote then direct to the Chief Executive at UKBA and I got my documents and new BRP card back within a week.
Hi afcon83 and Hello everyone reading this. For all participants in this thread, I gotta say, YOU HAVE NO IDEA THE HOPE YOU GIVE TO A LOT OF PEOPLE LURKING. THANK YOU :D

For me I lost my BRP a while back and have since applied. I became scared when I didn’t hear anything for almost a whole month (its 27th Sept now). So out of deep frustration I typed questions on the google which led me to this thread. I have been silently reading for a while and I am truly truly grateful for all the replies and comments so far, they have helped me A LOT and am sure they have helped other thousands of lurkers. I just had to join!
My case is that I lost my card abroad in July. To come back to UK, I applied for short term single entry BRP visa abroad.I got single entry BRP visa for August and came back to London on 12th August with this Visa.

My timeline so far:
Date application posted: 13-08-12
Date acknowledgment of application received from UKBA: 16-08-12
Date of letter from UKBA for Biometrics Enrolment: 25-08-12 (it got to my door on 31st though!!)
Biometrics done: 31-08-12
Date of approval: ???
Date of return of passport and other documents: ???
Date BRP received: Waiting ???

I did not know the process took so long and so many things are suffering in my life. I am not sure what to do now and its so frustrating :( and depressing not knowing what to do or how to plan. It is difficult to survive in London without your BRP&Passport:oops:. This thread has helped with my anxiety. Please keep it up and give more information and tips. I will also write my experiences and hope it helps other people too. Gracias
No problem. I was fortunate enough to get it back 2 days before I went on holiday! I wouldn't advise seeking MP help too early though, I would wait around 5 weeks first.

sawera22
Newly Registered

Post by sawera22 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:09 pm

hello afcdon83,
so how long altogether you have to wait?thats good if you atleast recieved it before your travel.

GreatOsborne
Newly Registered

Post by GreatOsborne » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:40 am

I applied for a BRP replacement due to change of surname. I have waited for so long after Biometrics and I need to travel outside the uk urgently. I am considering requesting for my documents back by next week. However, I am wondering if anyone knows the consequences of this. I will really appreciate your response on this. It's been extremely annoying waiting this long just for a replacement card.

DJMC
Newly Registered

Post by DJMC » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:57 pm

Update from me, Biometrics submitted: 09/05
after almost 5 months, got my documents back 28/09