ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for NAturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobobo

Apply for NAturalisation

Post by bobobo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi All - this question might have been asked here before so I apologise for repeating the question.

I had received my PR (ILR) on the 18th of August 2011. Can I apply for PR on the 18th of August 2012 or do I wait for an extra day and apply on 19 August 2012.

I wasnt too sure if I have to wait for an additional day or not to apply for Naturalisation (I have been out of the country for 190 days total in the last 6 years).

I plan to use NCS rather than sending the documents directly to HO.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:37 pm

18th Aug.

Assuming that you have been present in the UK on the 19th Aug 2007.

The application needs to reach the HO on/after the 18th. You can have the appointment with NCS before. Just check it won't reach HO before the 18th.

reda
Member of Standing

Re: When to Apply for NAturalisation

Post by reda » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:41 am

bobobo wrote:Hi All - this question might have been asked here before so I apologise for repeating the question.

I had received my PR (ILR) on the 18th of August 2011. Can I apply for PR on the 18th of August 2012 or do I wait for an extra day and apply on 19 August 2012.

I wasnt too sure if I have to wait for an additional day or not to apply for Naturalisation (I have been out of the country for 190 days total in the last 6 years).

hi bobobo,
by curiosity why you did not apply when you reach the 6 years after the date of marriage,as far as my knowledge you are eligible to do so even you were divorced.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:48 pm

hey reda, jsut wanted to play it easy, its best you wait for another year or so and get everything sorted then apply. HO when they see 1yr after PR date they will not see/ask for anymore (hopefully!!!!)

reda wrote:
bobobo wrote:Hi All - this question might have been asked here before so I apologise for repeating the question.

hi bobobo,
by curiosity why you did not apply when you reach the 6 years after the date of marriage,as far as my knowledge you are eligible to do so even you were divorced.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:08 pm

I fail to see the risk applying 6 years after the date of wedding day (even I'm divorced now)
I going to apply for BC sooner,without waiting one year after my PR,what you reckon?.
as i want apply with NCS for BC for keep my passport with me do you know if i will send all my original file(2 kg no way they make copies)the HO send it back to me after progress or all files sent via NCS don't come back.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Well I guess if you are not in contact with your ex wife and can't get hold of her documents, you might prefer to play it safe.

NCS would copy everything that is required for the application. Not just the passport. You keep all the originals. I suggest you make sure you have just the required documents or it would be a long meeting (while they photocopy them) and they might miss something in the process.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Jambo wrote:Well I guess if you are not in contact with your ex wife and can't get hold of her documents, you might prefer to play it safe.

NCS would copy everything that is required for the application. Not just the passport. You keep all the originals. I suggest you make sure you have just the required documents or it would be a long meeting (while they photocopy them) and they might miss something in the process.
thank you for your quick response,
i got al the documents necessaries(i used them for my PR),the main problem is they are lot(2 kg) and i can't select the required only as for me they are all important beside i want send the same file which i sent before to apply for PR.
if I'm agreed would NCS accept send my whole file (original) with photocopy of passport for sure they will not miss something.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:48 pm

reda wrote:thank you for your quick response,
i got al the documents necessaries(i used them for my PR),the main problem is they are lot(2 kg) and i can't select the required only as for me they are all important beside i want send the same file which i sent before to apply for PR.
if I'm agreed would NCS accept send my whole file (original) with photocopy of passport for sure they will not miss something.
Well, NCS will either accept that or photocopy everything or tell you most of it is not needed and photocopy what they believe is needed.

I'm curious, what does the 2kg of documents include and why do you think it is all needed? People got PR with applications weighting 180 grams so I wonder what so different in your case.