ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I eligible for applying ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rengasakthi

Am I eligible for applying ILR

Post by rengasakthi » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 pm

Hiya,

My husband is in the UK for more than 5yrs, he is on Tier1 General at the mo, and I am his dependant leaving with him in the UK since Apr-2011, but from Feb-2012 till Sep-2012 I was in my home country for maternity reason, so my question is after April-2013 can I apply for ILR given then I came to UK on Apr-2011 though I was out of UK for 7months for maternity reason?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rengasakthi

Post by rengasakthi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:06 pm

I am on Tier1(General) and in the UK for more than 5yrs, and my son is 5months old and he is my dependant so I am going to apply for ILR using SET(O) form, and going to include my son application in the same form. - Can you confirm if this is OK?

Also my wife is my dependant too but she hasn't completed 2yrs in the UK so I am going to apply for FLR(M) - is it possible to submit SET(O) for myself and my son, and FLR(M) for my wife at the same time? If its not possible when should I submit FLR(M) for my wife?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... ginperson/

Also this link says "" PEO Glasgow can not currently take any applications which rely in full or in part on self employed earnings."" does this mean all self employed applicants only submit their application via POST assuming they can't go to any other PEO?

Many thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:13 pm

Read the information in the linked topic (above) - carefully.

I believe the statement is self-explanatory. It doesn't state "All PEOs can not currently take any applications which rely in full or in part on self employed earnings". That said, don't be surprised if a decision is deferred pending further inquiries regarding self-employment earnings, irrespective of the PEO location.

rengasakthi

Post by rengasakthi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Well, this is the stement I literally just copied and pasted here from the link:

Please note, PEO Glasgow can not currently take any applications which rely in full or in part on self employed earnings.

Infact in my original query I didn't say all PEO's rahter its only Glasgow PEO.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:53 pm

What's the confusion?

If you cannot go to any other PEO and PEO Glasgow cannot accept applications from self-employed applications, then there are only two options left:
- apply by post/courier, or
- wait until PEO Glasgow starts accepting such applications.

rengasakthi

Post by rengasakthi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Ok thanks.

Also my wife is my dependant too but she hasn't completed 2yrs in the UK so I am going to apply for FLR(M) - is it possible to submit SET(O) for myself and my son, and FLR(M) for my wife at the same time? If its not possible when should I submit FLR(M) for my wife?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Have you made an effort to read the topic that you have been asked (twice already) to read?

rengasakthi

Post by rengasakthi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:22 pm

Yes I did but I didn't find an answer to my query hence I am having to ask here.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:52 am

Read Q13 again!

As for when to apply for extension:
PEO - you'll need to book two separate appointments - one for you for settlement and one for your wife for FLR(M). If trying to submit both applications the same day, there should be a gap of some hours between the two appointments - with the settlement application to be submitted first.
Post - Follow the principle mentioned in this post.

rengasakthi

Post by rengasakthi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:58 am

Thanks.

One more question:

I just copied your reply from this link http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 616#711616

Why do you want to do that, when you can continue as PBS dependant?

FYI.. My wife's current Tier1(Gen) dependant VISA is valid until 13/08/2013 as do my Tier1(Gen) VISA - Does this mean my wife do not need to apply for FLR(M) until 13/08/2013 though I am planning to apply for ILR for myself this month?

rengasakthi

Post by rengasakthi » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:00 am

Hi,

I am on Tier1(General) at the moment and my wife is my dependant, and both of out VISA are available until 13/08/2013, I have already completed 5yrs in the UK so planning to apply for ILR, but my wife hasn't completed 2yrs in the UK yet, so my question is should I apply for extension for my wife using FLR(M) immediately after I get my ILR OR because my wife's current VISA is valid until 13/08/2013 I can apply any time before before 13/08/2013?