ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused wiether i qualify or not, help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yadou
BANNED

Confused wiether i qualify or not, help please

Post by Yadou » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:07 am

Im married to a BC for two years and i have my ILR but i have been in the uk for three years because i was a student for one year before i got married, the problem here is i dont know if i qualify to apply for naturalisation now because on the UKBA website its not clear and when i asked my alwyer he said i have to wait till im married for three years then i can apply for naturalisation ,Can someone help me please with some sure info
Kind regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:08 am

1. Get another lawyer (or don't use one).
2. See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

Yadou
BANNED

Post by Yadou » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:24 pm

I did read things here andon the UKBA website and things are still not clear, could you please just tell me if i qualify ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:29 pm

I don't know if you qualify but I do know that for the 3 years of residence any legal stay counts including time as a student. You don't need to be married for 3 years.

Yadou
BANNED

Post by Yadou » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Thank you thats exactly what i wanted to know because the lawyer and the UKBA website confused me
Is there an official site or link where it says that just to double check ? And is there a number i can call the home office to ask them ?
Thanks again

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Yadou wrote:Is there an official site or link where it says that just to double check ?
Yes. The HO website but you said it confused you.

See Requirements for naturalisation if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen.

There is also contact number you can find on the HO website.

Yadou
BANNED

Post by Yadou » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:23 am

Thank you for the link, i think thats clear now, i really appreciate you help, could plz tell me which number cuz it seems like there are too many nimbers for different services
Thanks a lot

Yadou
BANNED

Post by Yadou » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:44 am

What documents will i need please
Thank you guys

Glc

Post by Glc » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:07 am

If you have taken the time to fully go through the links that were sent to you then you would know that every basic information you need is in there. Please go through the links given by Jambo. The HO number and all the standard requirements, including the documents that you need are in there. The very best of luck in your application :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:55 am

Would you like to explain why you're having trouble understanding form SET(M) for your ILR application in this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114357

and here, you already have ILR but can't understand the application form for BC?
:?

Yadou
BANNED

Post by Yadou » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Thats none of ur business mate and i dont have to explain nothing to you, i asked a question for people who r willing to help, mind your own business mate and if u have an asnwer say it if not save us your drama

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 pm

I'm not a 'mate'...I'm simply a moderator doing my best to ensure the forum members don't have to read posts from time wasters who then post in an offensive manner.
I think it's time you found another forum .

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:10 am

Yadou: This forum is for helping every one as we read every one experience and suggestions. All inputs are important and It is confusing if some one put wrong input just thinking as fun. You get tempered because you thinking no one is giving your answer (inspite of lots of guidence from different members) but same time you played two different threads writing two different history. Wasting everyones time. Why.

Till you want to say all that none of ur business mate and i dont have to explain nothing to you.

Sorry Yadou.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Yahou is no longer with us.