ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (general) application form 2012 section D1 to D10

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amy_le
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (general) application form 2012 section D1 to D10

Post by Amy_le » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi everyone. I am filling in my application form to extend my Tier 1 (general) visa which I will submit in October 2012.
I'm quite struggled at the beginning of section D (D1 to D10).
Basically, I have been in the UK for nearly 10 years and at first I came here under a student visa, then I continuously switched to Post Study Work visa and then most recently to my Tier 1 (general) visa.
But in section D, it asks me 'Did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the United Kingdom?'
I'm confused whether to answer yes or no. I'm not sure if it is asking me for the first UK visa I had or the most recent one. I did went to my home country in 2011 for 1 month and came back to the UK, still having the Tier 1 (general) visa.
So I wonder what is the point of asking if I've always had a valid visa during my whole stay in the UK. What answer should I give? Please take a look at section D in the application and see. Many thanks !

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:09 am

I also had a question on this one. I came on an HSMP Visa back in 2008, Had a Tier 1 extension in 2010, now I am applying for my next Tier 1 G extension. Should I fill D1 as no, as my current leave was granted while I was in UK and then go to D5 and answer No and finally just answer D11. Or do I need to fill in all of D1-D4, D6 etc?

Appreciate any help.

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Anybody possibly can help on my previous question?

Thanks