ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Europe with ILR biometric card and British husband

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mirzazadeh2000
Newly Registered

Travel to Europe with ILR biometric card and British husband

Post by mirzazadeh2000 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi there,

I am a british Citizen with a British Passport and my wife just recently got her ILR Biometric card (she has an Iranian Passport) - I was wondering if she requires a visa if we were both to travel to a EU country (e.g. Spain, France, etc..) for a weeks holiday?

Your help will be very much appreciated, I did look through the site to see if i can find relative information but did not succeed so messaged instead.

Thanks again

Mani

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Travel to Europe with ILR biometric card and British hus

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:12 pm

Yes, ILR is valid only for and in UK, and she may need a visa depending on their arrangements for Iranian citizens. For France, Spain the correct visa for Iranian citizens is Schengen and she will need to apply for that. Whether a visa is needed or not is decided by passport carried based on nationality & citizenship.
mirzazadeh2000 wrote:Hi there,

I am a british Citizen with a British Passport and my wife just recently got her ILR Biometric card (she has an Iranian Passport) - I was wondering if she requires a visa if we were both to travel to a EU country (e.g. Spain, France, etc..) for a weeks holiday?

Your help will be very much appreciated, I did look through the site to see if i can find relative information but did not succeed so messaged instead.

Thanks again

Mani
Regards,
crowbar6

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 pm

She should in general have a visa.

But if you carry your marriage certificate and do not fly, she also has a right to enter another EU member state (together with you) even if she does not have a required visa. See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/

Shah in
Newly Registered

Post by Shah in » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:59 am

Hi mani
Brother your wife doesn't need a visa for visit Eu if you are British
But you both should travel together
You have to take your British passport and your wife need her Iranian passport and uk biometric card with her then you can travel so easy
Me and my wife had a exactly same situation and we went to Romania last 2 month

Shah in
Newly Registered

Post by Shah in » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:59 am

Hi mani
Brother your wife doesn't need a visa for visit Eu if you are British
But you both should travel together
You have to take your British passport and your wife need her Iranian passport and uk biometric card with her then you can travel so easy
Me and my wife had a exactly same situation and we went to Romania last 2 month