ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:34 pm

shark5 wrote:I had applied on February 16th and did my biometrics on the 21st of March. On Tuesday this week I called to request sponsor's passport back and I have today receieved all my documents and BRP is to follow.
Just thought I'd share the good news and give Feb applicants still waiting hope and also that it might have been me requesting the sponsors passport that initiated them dealing with my application.
Goodluck to everyone still waiting.
Can you give me the number to request the sponsors passport, and moreover how can a flr(m) applicant can request the sponsors passport as that doesnt belong to that applicant and it is his or her spouse is in it ?

bobobo

Re: Requested applicant's passport, received decision in 6 d

Post by bobobo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:03 am

You have got this all wrong, people are trying to tell others waiting not to use this avenue unless its absolutely neccesary. No where did they apply you were selfish, froom what I make out you were not sure that they would actually process your application. What you did now, I did in July and got my documents back applied in Feb.
mrsclc78 wrote:
holderp177 wrote:
aditipritam wrote:
mrsclc78 wrote:
All:

I think this is incredibly important and a very frustrating commentary on how the UKBA works.

Like essexb, I requested my (the applicant's) passport back for ID purposes only by calling and pressing the button for return of documents. I spoke to a very nice woman named Xina who assured me that receiving my own passport back for ID purposes only (no travel) was fine and would not negatively affect my application decision. I confirmed with her that I did NOT want my application withdrawn, but I'd been told I could request my passport back to show an employer. She asked no questions and said I'd receive it within 20 working days. She said nothing about needing to send it back, nor did she give me a reference number, so I just asked for her name.

I made this call on 14 September, and today (I was away for a few days) picked up a parcel with all my documents and my passport, and a letter saying my BRP is soon to follow. This letter was dated 20 September. It took them 6 days from when I called to make the decision. They decided on my application BECAUSE I requested my passport back. My assumption is that they couldn't be bothered to wait for me to return the passport, so they decided on it right then and there. Which makes sense.

My BRP is on its way right now as I missed the DX courier while I was away and I rescheduled, so I'll have that today as well. I'm so, so grateful. Thank you, God!

However, I think everyone should know that this is a shortcut, though it shouldn't be necessary. I'm heading off to a bunch of job interviews up north in 2 weeks' time and I wanted to have my documents in hand just in case.

If you call up the number, as essexb said, and request the applicant's passport back for ID purposes only, I think it's likely they'll do the same and process your application sooner. I'm so relieved because I know many have waited a lot longer than I have (3 months), as I have had 3 family members in the hospital recently, but that wasn't enough to get the UKBA to move quicker. Strangely, requesting my passport back is what did it as I'm sure I'd be waiting another goodness-knows-how-many-months had I not done this.

If you have a reason to request your passport for ID only, I'd seriously suggest it.

My timeline is below. I should point out my application is straightforward. I've been here for 5 years, first on a prospective student visa, then student visa, then PSW which expires in a week. My husband and I have been together for 4 years and were married this past spring. We met the financial requirements and had no other issues, so I'm guessing this helped. I was a bit concerned because his bank sent some rather sketchy-looking photocopies of his bank statements, but with the payslips this didn't seem to matter.

Good luck to you all!!

Payment taken: 22 June 2012
Application reached UKBA: 25 June 2012
Ack. letter dated: 28 June 2012
Date requested SPOUSE'S/SPONSOR's passport: 6 Aug 2012
Biometrics letter dated: 7 Aug 2012
Biometrics letter rec'd: 10 Aug 2012
Date biometrics enrolled: 10 Aug 2012
Date requested APPLICANT'S passport: 14 Sept 2012
Date docs posted: 20 Sept 2012
Date docs received: 28 Sept 2012
Date BRP received: 28 Sept 2012
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: PSW
If everyone will start doing this, no one will get it quicker.
So guys, unless it is very very urgent, please wait for your turn.

Your gain could be at someone else loss.
Totally agree with you, some of us only mindful about ourselves will do anything to get our stuff back without consideration for others who have waited for a longer period, if all of us decided to use this avenue, I probably will be waiting for a year. Yes I would like my documents and visa back after 4 months waiting but there are some people who have been waiting longer than myself who are probably at their wits end. So lets be considerate for each other and not think about ourselves and be selfish.
I certainly wouldn't suggest anyone does this UNLESS they actually need their passport back, as I pointed out.

I graduated in 2010 and have been job hunting for 2 years, so now that I've got some promising leads I'm certainly not going to miss the chance.

If you actually read my post, you'll see I pointed out that if you NEED your passport for ID purposes, then I suggest you ask them about it because it's not publicised on their website, but it is possible. Nowhere did I suggest everyone run out and do this because, as has been pointed out, if you do, you'll just add to the confusion and backlog already happening.

Just trying to help the people who actually need their passports for reasons other than travel because others on this board have been helpful to me.

I was trying to be *helpful*, not selfish. Sheesh.

holderp177
Newly Registered

Re: Requested applicant's passport, received decision in 6 d

Post by holderp177 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:31 am

bobobo wrote:You have got this all wrong, people are trying to tell others waiting not to use this avenue unless its absolutely neccesary. No where did they apply you were selfish, froom what I make out you were not sure that they would actually process your application. What you did now, I did in July and got my documents back applied in Feb.
mrsclc78 wrote:
holderp177 wrote:
aditipritam wrote:
If everyone will start doing this, no one will get it quicker.
So guys, unless it is very very urgent, please wait for your turn.

Your gain could be at someone else loss.
Totally agree with you, some of us only mindful about ourselves will do anything to get our stuff back without consideration for others who have waited for a longer period, if all of us decided to use this avenue, I probably will be waiting for a year. Yes I would like my documents and visa back after 4 months waiting but there are some people who have been waiting longer than myself who are probably at their wits end. So lets be considerate for each other and not think about ourselves and be selfish.
I certainly wouldn't suggest anyone does this UNLESS they actually need their passport back, as I pointed out.

I graduated in 2010 and have been job hunting for 2 years, so now that I've got some promising leads I'm certainly not going to miss the chance.

If you actually read my post, you'll see I pointed out that if you NEED your passport for ID purposes, then I suggest you ask them about it because it's not publicised on their website, but it is possible. Nowhere did I suggest everyone run out and do this because, as has been pointed out, if you do, you'll just add to the confusion and backlog already happening.

Just trying to help the people who actually need their passports for reasons other than travel because others on this board have been helpful to me.

I was trying to be *helpful*, not selfish. Sheesh.
I was never implying that you are selfish,, thank bobobo for pointing that out

kart
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (M) - Our waiting times

Post by kart » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:40 pm

2222 wrote:
kart wrote:FLR (M) applied by post - 21st Feb 12
Biometrics done - 23rd Mar 12
Communication from UKBA requesting additional documentation - 31 Aug
Requested docs sent - 05 Sept 12
Docs received - 13 Sept 12
BRP received - 19 Sept 12 (Finally!)

Its been just a day short of 7 months and what a relief after this long and frustrating wait.

BTW, I had sent a mail to my local MP about my wait in July and got a response from him a month later that my case has now been picked from the queue for processing by UKBA.
Looks like it doesnt take long from the time they pick the application for processing.

Hope those who are in similar timelines get a decision soon. Good luck!
Kart,

You said that the UKBA requested additional documents, what kind of additional documents they asked for?

I am still waiting since 27th Feb. 
They had asked my last 3 bank statements plus documentary evidence that both me and my wife were living together (I sent my council tax bills, letter from the GP, Electricity bills etc). That was it.

kart
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (M) - Our waiting times

Post by kart » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:44 pm

davidalowrie wrote:
kart wrote:FLR (M) applied by post - 21st Feb 12
Biometrics done - 23rd Mar 12
Communication from UKBA requesting additional documentation - 31 Aug
Requested docs sent - 05 Sept 12
Docs received - 13 Sept 12
BRP received - 19 Sept 12 (Finally!)

Its been just a day short of 7 months and what a relief after this long and frustrating wait.

BTW, I had sent a mail to my local MP about my wait in July and got a response from him a month later that my case has now been picked from the queue for processing by UKBA.
Looks like it doesnt take long from the time they pick the application for processing.

Hope those who are in similar timelines get a decision soon. Good luck!
Hi kart, when exactly did you hear back from your MP to tell you your application was picked from the queue? My timline is almost identical to yours and I contacted my MP last week and they gave me a similar response to yours last Thursday.
Hi davidalowrie, a letter from my MP simply stated that he received a response from the Local immigration team of UKBA and my application will be removed from the current workflow queue and the case passed to a caseworker for consideration.

sach
Newly Registered

Finally got my Passport back Whooopp!!!

Post by sach » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi guys! Have been following this since FEB 2012 when I applied for my FLR and had promised myself will submit my timeline when I get my result. Here it it :D

Applied 27th FEB
BIO SUBMITTED 28TH MARCH

RECEIVED DOC+PP Today 29th Sept 2012....(About bloody time)

It says I will receive my BRP in 10 working days and I take it that means
I have successfully got FLR...

However I did fax them a doctors letter as my dad in India is not well to expedite my case and 10 days later today i got my PP back!! And I also had requested and received my wifes BR passport back in AUG as she had work commitments

Thanks GOD. Now I can go see my dad and family..

Goodluck everyone who are still waiting.....Hope you get your result sooon!!
Gosh I can move on with life now.......phwe

cezza2012
Newly Registered

Update

Post by cezza2012 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:06 pm

UPDATE:

my husband and i are due our baby anytime, so i had to call up to request my (the sponsor) documents back, marriage certificate so we can register our baby when shes born, and i requested my driving licence aswell due to identity purposes!! i called them on the 4th septmeber, and recieved my documents the following week.....

Date Applied/Docs sent: 21-05-12
Ack. Letter Dated: 31-05-12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived:13-06-12
Date Biometrics Appointment: 15-06-12
Requested Marriage cert/driving licence: 04-09-12
Recieve Requested Doc: 12-09-2912
Date Passport/Docs received from HO:WAITING
Result & VISA stamped/BRP: WAITING

We have a complicated case! Which is why i think we are waiting so long! We Dont mind waiting though!
Visa: switching from tier 4(general) to spouse FLR(M)

z18runway

Re: Update

Post by z18runway » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm

UPDATE:
cezza2012 wrote:my husband and i are due our baby anytime, so i had to call up to request my (the sponsor) documents back, marriage certificate so we can register our baby when shes born
as far as i know you don't need ID to register the birth i think you will be provided a card with birth date and time, nhs number and weight of birth given at the maternity ward.

nicolerose03
Newly Registered

Post by nicolerose03 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:13 am

Just thought I'd let everyone know my timeline....

Applied for FLR(M) on Unmarried partner. I was on a Youth Mobility Visa(I'm Australian) which was valid for two years. My visa was valid June 12th 2010 to June 12th 2012. I arrived in the UK on the 13th of June 2010 to move straight in with my boyfriend.

We've lived together ever since but was nervous about applying for FLR as the conditions need to be that you have lived together for 2 years and we knew it would be bang on the 2 year mark when I applied for the FLR.

11/06/2012- Posted Application/applied
20/06/2012- Acknowledgement letter from UKBA dated
16/07/2012- Biometrics taken
27/09/2012-Called to request back a document(my partner's driving license)
29/09/2012- All documents returned and visa approved!

I had read on here from a lot of other applicants that they had requested a document back and had then had the application decided and everything returned. So we thought we might give it a go(couldn't hurt after all the waiting anyway) and see what happens!

We were so shocked when everything came back only 2 days after we called the UKBA!!!!

Just waiting now for my biometrics resident card to arrive.

:D :D

indespair

Post by indespair » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 am

Hi all

I have eventually received my documents and am currently waiting for my BRP to arrive.

To remind you all, I applied on the 14th of February, had my biometrics taken in mid March and had the package attempted delivery on Thursday
27 September. I missed the postman and collected the package the next day. It's been a very long wait. My husband called UKBA 3 months ago requesting his passport back for a business trip. It hasn't moved the application up even a bit. However I lodged a complaint with UKBA in the beginning of September, they sent me a complaint acknowledgement letter on 24 Sept saying that my complaint has been forwarded to a relevant business area and I should get a response withing 20 working days. Now, the letter saying my BRP will arrive shortly is dated 25 September. So, I honestly don't know if it's just the coincidence or my complaint has something to do with it. Mind you, my complaint had so many questions, that, I think, it was easier for them to process the application rather than answering those questions + they would have to process the application some time anyway. The way I see it, a complaint gives them extra work, and who wants that?
So, my wait is almost over. I do hope the BRP will turn up very soon.
Good luck to all those waiting! And thanks for always being here for me :)

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Post by AngieLynn09 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Hello everyone!

I finally received back my documents and some good news! I wasn't given the 2 year visa I applied for, but a 30 month discretionary because of a six day overstay between applications. Here's my info and timeline

FLR(M)
Application made: Jan. 22 2012
Returned invalid after fiance visa expired: February 24th
Made new out-of-time application: Feb 28th
Ack Letter: March 3rd
Biometrics letter: march 23rd
Biometrics enrolled: March 26th
More documents requested some time in may

And after four complaints lodged, my sponsor's passport requested back, tons of contact with our MP, and a successful request for compassionate expedition, I received my documents today with a letter saying I was refused FLR(M) because of the 6 day gap between the visa expiring and the second application being made, but was given a 30 month visa because of consideration under some family rules, etc.

Thanks to everyone for updating and the info, good luck to everyone waiting!!

loziecanuck
Newly Registered

Post by loziecanuck » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:18 pm

HI All- i have been following this forum with interest for several months now and decided to join today. Has anyone who applied for FLRM in May received any news yet? My case is very straightforward and despite going thru my MP and sending numerous faxes etc, I have still been given the standard 'There is no change to this application from our previous responses to your enquiries. The LTR (Spouse) application submitted on 3 May 2012 remains awaiting consideration. Please note that we are not currently able to decide such applications within 6 months of receipt. xxxxxxxx application will be considered as soon as is possible and she will be informed of the outcome in due course.'

I am due to travel on 25th October- has anyone had any good news?

FLR(M) Application made: 3 May 2012
Ack Letter: 6 May 2012
Biometrics letter: march 23rd
Biometrics enrolled: May 22nd
then nothing.....

Tier 2- FLR M
I am really stressed out at the minute.....

Merianz
Newly Registered

Still waiting

Post by Merianz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Still no changes to my long waiting time!! 8 months now since I applied. i called them on 22nd Sept,to get my sponsor's Driving Licence and they said they will send in 21 days but they sent it after 3 days ,so to me calling them to get your sponsors docs back doesn't make a change to them ,guess the one who received by this it was luck

FLR M applied : 13th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter:15th February 2012
Biometric letter received on 16th March 2012
Biometric completed on 26th March 2012
Document return: still waiting!!!
Biometric card: still waiting!!!

So frustrating here

Merianz
Newly Registered

Still waiting

Post by Merianz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:25 pm

Still no changes to my long waiting time!! 8 months now since I applied. i called them on 22nd Sept,to get my sponsor's Driving Licence and they said they will send in 21 days but they sent it after 3 days ,so to me calling them to get your sponsors docs back doesn't make a change to them ,guess the one who received by this it was luck

FLR M applied : 13th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter:15th February 2012
Biometric completed on 26th March 2012
Fiance to FLR(M)

So frustrating here

bustednotch

Post by bustednotch » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:39 pm

[quote="nicolerose03"]Just thought I'd let everyone know my timeline....

Applied for FLR(M) on Unmarried partner. I was on a Youth Mobility Visa(I'm Australian) which was valid for two years. My visa was valid June 12th 2010 to June 12th 2012. I arrived in the UK on the 13th of June 2010 to move straight in with my boyfriend.

We've lived together ever since but was nervous about applying for FLR as the conditions need to be that you have lived together for 2 years and we knew it would be bang on the 2 year mark when I applied for the FLR.

11/06/2012- Posted Application/applied
20/06/2012- Acknowledgement letter from UKBA dated
16/07/2012- Biometrics taken
27/09/2012-Called to request back a document(my partner's driving license)
29/09/2012- All documents returned and visa approved!

I had read on here from a lot of other applicants that they had requested a document back and had then had the application decided and everything returned. So we thought we might give it a go(couldn't hurt after all the waiting anyway) and see what happens!

We were so shocked when everything came back only 2 days after we called the UKBA!!!!

Just waiting now for my biometrics resident card to arrive.

:D :D[/quote]

Hi nicolerose03 - Congrats on your visa! So good to hear. I've applied for an Unmarried Partner Visa as well, switching from PSW. I applied in July and submitted my biometrics in September. This month marks the 2 year mark that my partner and I have been living together. I'm going to send additional documents to show that to the HO that we definitely meet the requirement now. Do you think this is acceptable?

sk2885
Newly Registered

Post by sk2885 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi All,

Today we have finally been given some good news, my partners visa was approved on Friday and all our documents are on their way back to us.

Bearing in mind we applied using the Premium service for an Unmarried FLRM visa, and we were a straight forward application my partner is Australian, has been here on Tier 2's for 6 years, we have been together nearly 5 years and lived together for 2.5 years in our own house, and are over the financial threshold, our time line is as follows:

Appointment in Croydon: 25/07/2012
Extra documents sent: 30/07/2012
Complaint sent and MP Contact: 13/08/2012
Response to compalint recieved: 30/08/2012
Further complaint sent: 06/09/2012
Visa Approved: 28/09/2012

Our MP has been a great help, and has been constantly chasing the UKBA on progress updates, and it was him who has given us this news today.
I realise all MP's are different, but my advice would be to get them involved as soon as you can.
I will continue with my complaint as we are still disgusted with the service that we (and everyone on here) has recieved. It will probably not make any difference at all, but its better than not expressing our opinion at all.

Good luck to the rest of you, and I hope you all get the desired outcome soon.

bake1979
Newly Registered

The wait goes on.....

Post by bake1979 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:49 pm

March application here and still no word and no chance of booking any kind of holiday Sad

Date applied/docs sent: 28/03/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 29/04/2012
Date payment taken: 04/04/2012
Date received ack. letter: 05/04/2012 Dated 05/04/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: April
Date biometrics appointment Post Office: April (York)
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: WAITING
Biometric Card Received: WAITING

Visa Type : FLR(M) Unmarried Partner - Canadian

Disgrace, what other service would you pay £500 and wait so long for...

Definitely thinking of making my MP earn their vote!

vjohnson
Newly Registered

Timeline

Post by vjohnson » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi Everyone
I applied for my husbands visa in February and we just got his acceptance letter today, so it has taken 8 months despite two letters from our MP

FLR M waiting time

Post by 2222 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Still no changes to my long waiting time!! 7 months and 1 week now since I applied.

FLR M applied on 27th February 2012
Payment out of the bank: 29th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric completed on 28th March 2012

Any February applicants still waiting????

eejzx
Newly Registered

Post by eejzx » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 pm

So my husband had a spouse visa from 2007-2009, we hdidn't have enough docs to apply for ilr so instead of applying for ilr, we applied for flr. got a 2 year extension - 2009-2011. My husband got a driving conviction which meant that he had to wait for the conviction became spent before he could apply for ilr, so we applied for flr again.

Timeline

Application sent: 15th December 2011
Biometrics: 16th Jan 2012

Heard nothing since then. Rang home office, the woman said we can't discuss anything about your case, just that a decision hasnt been made yet.

Our finances are not great, but other than that we had the right amount of documents stating that we live together. Me and my 2 kids are financially dependant on my husband, I mean could they really refuse his extension? Would he be sent back to Pakistan? I'm getting really worried now.

backagain

Spoken to UKBA

Post by backagain » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Spoke to very pleasant and helpful person at UKBA today. We asked our MP to look into the delay in August. UKBA replied 7 Sept and we got the letter yesterday. Seems there was a question about our address. When we spoke to the UKBA person she said the addresses are fine. While we had her on the phone we asked a couple of other question to clarify some of the misinformation floating around:

1. Return of Documents. You no longer need to call or write UKBA to request return of documents. Your application will only be withdrawn IF you request the applicants passport back. If you specify the document you need in the new online form you can receive the docs you need in 20 days.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

2. The use of a MP to advance your application. Caseworkers do not have access to ministerial correspondence and apart from "sufficient compassionate grounds" a MP's intervention will not impact the order received. The exact words of the UKBA Assistant Director were "to be fait to all those with outstanding applications, they are considered in turn." How others that submitted applications after the January - April time frame have jumped the queue was a mystery to the UKBA person, but she clearly said it was not due to MP intervention unless there was outstanding circumstances of a compassionate nature.

3. The magical 6 month mark is a myth. If you call at 6 months you will receive no additional information than you would at 3, 5, or 8. Evidently the system does not track applications unless they are flagged for an additional documentation request or a decision has been made. What you can do at 6 months is file a complaint. THAT will be responded to in 20 days. If you receive your docs and BRP after you file a complaint, it is purely coincidental as your application has already breached the 6-month mark and was likely to be decided in that time.

4. I asked the person to put on her Councillor hat for a moment and tell me how we are not supposed to go crazy with a further wait. She said she understands the frustration, but the slow process is entirely due to the volume of applications. As long as we submitted everything required, we should not fret but just continue in our patience. She said that is easy for us to say, but we are doing all we can to be thorough. Can't say all she said, but they are sympathetic to our plight....just too much volume to speed it through.

I hope this is useful to some. No matter what you do short of a "sufficient compassionate grounds" request from your MP, you will not speed your application's progress. What you can do is hone your patience skills to make the most of what you can with the time you are given. In due time you will get your docs and visa. We have endured the immigration nightmare for 18 months now and want it all over so we can move on.

Application received: 4 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Received: 19 April 2012
Biometrics taken (Harlow): 20 April 2012

vjohnson
Newly Registered

Post by vjohnson » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:23 pm

I got all my documents back yesterday except the new passport with the visa

indespair

Post by indespair » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:35 pm

vjohnson wrote:I got all my documents back yesterday except the new passport with the visa
Congrats on receiving the docs, but your message confused me. What do you mean by "new passport with the visa?" I received my documents including passport last week but still waiting for BRP. Did your husband apply for FLR(M)?

LE80
Newly Registered

Post by LE80 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Backagain, thank you for your very useful post. It's quite comforting that none of the attempted queue-jump methods (writing to MP, requesting documents) really work. For the record, I (sponsor) requested my passport back as I was applying for a job that wouldn't accept anything else as ID. I got my passport back, nothing else! We are still waiting, painfully.

Docs sent: 10th March 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 16th March
Biometrics done at Battersea Post Office: 31st March
Visa applied for: FLR(M) spouse
Existing visa: Tier 5 youth mobility (Expired 24th April)

z18runway

Re: FLR M waiting time

Post by z18runway » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:52 pm

2222 wrote:
Ket wrote:@2222. Did you get your documents as you waiting over 7 months?
Still no changes to my long waiting time!! 7 months and 1 week now since I applied.

FLR M applied on 27th February 2012
Payment out of the bank: 29th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric completed on 28th March 2012

Any February applicants still waiting????[/quote

why dont you try that trick of what other applicants trying that getting spouse passport back saying reason like for ID purposes. And your work might be processed.