ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Frequent family visitor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ankreeti
Newly Registered

Frequent family visitor

Post by ankreeti » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:17 pm

My parents will be going back home in nov and I want them to come back to me in jan.
I have heard that one cannot spend more than 6 months in one year on visitor visa(s).

This can be a total red herring as I cannot find any information supporting this on British visa application website.

Anyone aware of any such condition? Much appreciate your help.

There current visa will end in nov and they will be applying new visa from home country.

Appreciate your help

Regards

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:54 pm

The following is an excerpt from the new guidance notes for visitors which can be found here on page 13:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the UK and there is no
requirement that a specified time must elapse between each visit.

The fact that a person has made a series of visits with only brief intervals between them is not,in the absence of any other relevant factors, sufficient reason for refusal.

You must consider the stated purpose of the visit against the length of time that has elapsed since previous visits in order to satisfy yourself that a person is genuinely seeking entry as a visitor. For example, a visitor should not normally spend more than six out of any 12 months in
the UK unless they have a good reason, such as receiving private medical treatment.