ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can a visitor see a GP for a health problem?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jayia
Newly Registered

How can a visitor see a GP for a health problem?

Post by Jayia » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Dear all, may I ask this question?

I've already settled in England, so I get access to NHS. However, my father only sometimes visits me as a visitor from abroad.

Suppose he gets a minor problem like a cold or a headache, is there any way for him to see a GP? I'm willing to pay the fee, but my local GP told me that they don't see foreign visitors. Is it the same everywhere?

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:05 pm

You will have to find a (NHS) GP who is ready to see a fee paying private patient (e.g. - a visitor). Not everyone does it, but there are some who do.

Alternatively, search for private GP practices / clinics in / near to your location of residence.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Jayia
Newly Registered

Post by Jayia » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks a lot for your kind clarification.