ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final Check - Naturalisation as BC Spouse @ NCS on 4/10

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Final Check - Naturalisation as BC Spouse @ NCS on 4/10

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi All,

I am finalising my application and papers for my NCS appointment on Thursday, 4th October at 9am on the basis of marriage to a BC.

My immigration history is as follows:

29th December 2008 - Arrived UK on UK Ancestry Visa
14th April 2010 - Switched in country to Spousal (married 2.5 years)
23rd March 2012 - Obtained ILR at PEO Croydon

I wanted to double check that I have the correct paperwork and have been through the form and the guidance notes.

Husband's British Passport
My South African Passport
My ILR BRP
LIUK Test Certificate (in case they ask for it)
South African Marriage Certificate

In addition to the above, I am also taking :
My P60s since 2009 (just in case)
Husbands South African Unabridged Birth Certificate as he is British by Descent
Husbands fathers British Birth Certificate
Husbands parents Marriage Certificate

I only have one problem on the form where I am not sure what to write. My husband and I are separated (NOT legally just living apart and still communicate and see each other) but are still LEGALLY married. He lives about 2 miles from me. However, he has not notified his change of address details to his employer (or HRMC) or the electoral register - all three still the same as my address (his old address). He did notify Child Benefits though to stop his benefits so that I could claim.

My question is, do I write his current address in section 1.35 or do I write my address (his old address) or do I write his address and explain in the further information section.

I am aware that for the purpose of naturalisation applications we are considered married even if separated. We have no plans to divorce.

Also, how would debt affect my application? No CCJs to my knowledge but have had a tough year with medical problems and currently have setup a my own payment plan for my debt while I consider an IVA as I am not sure if an IVA will affect my application.

Your valued insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Char

bebe2011

Post by bebe2011 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:28 am

I can probably answer ur first question best.

Put down your address (his old address). The application is YOUR application so the focus is mainly on you. So yes put down your address and not your husband.s. Had the same experience as spouse and i were separated at the time of my bc application but the whole process was a breeze.

Second question.....i wouldn.t worry about debt. at least you dont have a ccj......they know many people have debts and its good you have a payment plan set up...i had no ccj but debt and at the time no payment plan and my application was just fine. no questions asked.

Good luck and don.t worry. All seems good for your application!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:50 am

Thank you for your response, I will write my address.

Could you let me know how long your application took? I have a few timing issues regarding getting mine and then submitting my daughter's application before she turns 18 in October next year. I have seen that some BC spouse apps are quite quick while others take a while.
Thanks
Char

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 am

I have a few timing issues regarding getting mine and then submitting my daughter's application before she turns 18 in October next year.
Any reason why both applications are not being made at the same time?
John

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:12 am

I only have enough money to do my app at the moment as my parents are helping me with mine and then I will save up while mine is in so I can do hers. She only qualifies for BC once I have mine anyway as she is not my hisbands child.
Thanks
Char

bebe2011

Post by bebe2011 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:34 am

Mine took exactly 3 months. I think thats the average for the spouse of BC ones.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi All,

Just to clarify, I had my appointment this morning at NCS and the gentleman who assisted me confirmed that the address detail I put down (my address) for my husband (we are separated) was correct as for the purpose of the application, we are considered legally married even though living apart.

Also, important to note as the guidance is not clear, I took all my P60s with me and they asked for the latest one to include with my pack. This is not a requirement in terms of the guidance of applying as a spouse of BC, but he said it does help if they can see I am a legitimate tax payer etc.

On the LIUK test certificate, even though I ticked that I met this requirement for ILR, they took a copy of my test certificate to include in my pack after I had filled in test certificate number on my application form.

Holding thumbs now that the wait is not too long.

Thanks

Char