ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help - Notarised copy of passport and student visa page!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chihhungkao
Newly Registered

Help - Notarised copy of passport and student visa page!

Post by chihhungkao » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:11 am

In order to claim points on UK experience, I went to the local court to notarise my copy of personal details page of passport and the page where my student visa was stamped on. However, the court told me that they can only notorise the personal details page of the passport, as for the UK student visa page that because the visa was issued by the UK embassy, so they can not stamp on that page. The court told me if I really need to stamp on the visa page, what they can do is to notorise the personal details page and bind all the other pages together to show that the visa pages were from the passport but they assumes no responsibility on the attached visa page.

My question is that whether the work permit UK is going to accept my evidence or not? Are they going to verify the visa page when they received the document or just depending on the notary public’s stamp? Is it better to get the personal detail page of my passport and the visa pages notarised by the UK notary public?

Any suggestions will be grateful?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:09 am

I dont think that a visa of u.k is enough evidence to claim points for U.K experience. Copy of visa page could only be used as a supporting document not the main evidence.

chihhungkao
Newly Registered

Post by chihhungkao » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:59 am

I will supply my UK degree certificate as well. I just need to know whether work permit UK is going to accept the student visa page and personal details of the passprt which is notarised the way I have described.

Pooya
Newly Registered

hsmp application sent on 28th December 2006

Post by Pooya » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:01 am

Hey

They refused mine.

They need your original birth certificate.

The only reason to consider your notarized copy of passport, is something like disaster, earthquake, and these kind of things

Thanks